Pages:
Author

Topic: Lets fight the FUD together - page 6. (Read 2273 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 09:56:42 AM
Due to the hundreds of FUDs that are being spread widely across all the social media networks, on various forums, and even on blogs all throughout the internet, bitcoins along with all the other altcoins out there here in the crypto world are being dragged down to its knees. Although there really is nothing to worry about since losing weak handed people are great for the overall of the crypto world, it still is a quite a big problem. Because clearly, it will reduce the number of people getting into the crypto scene. And even if it wouldn't stop the cryptos from moving forward in terms of acceptance and value, it will really slow it down. Which is not that bad but still bad.

But anyways, it is really refreshing to see something positive like this every once in a while in this sea of FUDs. So thanks for this man, it is not only great to see but also well explained. You deserve a merit for this one, so I'll be giving you some. Hoping to see more posts from you.
Activity: 322
Merit: 141
February 13, 2018, 08:12:56 AM
I used to work in communications on Wall Street....and I can tell you 100% that whenever the "fud" (we didn't call it that) would roll out in such a loud and coordinated way, it meant you better be buying or ready to buy. Someone, or many someones, were simply trying to push down the price and then boom, it all disappeared and whichever issue that had been shit on absolutely rallied.

The fud is a sign we're actually in the right place.

This is an ingenious tip, thank you mammothine.

@Bolt Brownie, check this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2912407.new#new
It appears that Arizona is about to accept Bitcoin for tax payments. A fantastic news, in case they are true.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
February 12, 2018, 02:19:52 PM
It's not FUD what is pushing bitcoin down.
It is damn high fees and people are looking for alternatives.

We all realize that all these are fud.
But inside that fud you can find some real news who you didn't share in your post for some reasons - steam and stripe. Do research and update post with more real news.
No.Actually the fees have gone very low nowadays and transactions too get processed very soon.Its the FUD which  has brought down the market.Actually what's the reality is that bitcoin market has both positive and negative news and what makes the difference is that negative news are over focused to create FUD.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
February 12, 2018, 02:18:49 PM
It's not FUD what is pushing bitcoin down.
It is damn high fees and people are looking for alternatives.

We all realize that all these are fud.
But inside that fud you can find some real news who you didn't share in your post for some reasons - steam and stripe. Do research and update post with more real news.
I think both are to be blamed on this scenario, no one wants pay unreasonable fees for transaction and the fud makes people sell their bitcoins because they know that if they don’t it’s goi to go down which drives it even deeper.
Activity: 504
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
February 12, 2018, 02:12:53 PM
U know my surrounding doesnt spread FUD and I really dont know who can talk trash about BTC.
Anyway, there're those who does it so ur suggestion takes place.
Activity: 700
Merit: 350
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
February 12, 2018, 02:10:26 PM
I used to work in communications on Wall Street....and I can tell you 100% that whenever the "fud" (we didn't call it that) would roll out in such a loud and coordinated way, it meant you better be buying or ready to buy. Someone, or many someones, were simply trying to push down the price and then boom, it all disappeared and whichever issue that had been shit on absolutely rallied.

Thanks for sharing anyways, Yes we're in the right place and in the right time. I'm very bullish in cryptocurrencies The FUD is good to have an healthy correction. I bought in DIp and i feel insanely good that the price will go up in the next few days.

Well the thing is that bitcoin is not suppose to be just a financial asset. I know that right now BTC is mainly used for trade, and all the speculation that results in fud and fomo is great for trading because of the huge price variations it causes. But like I said in the OP, even though I trade, I would gladly give up trading, if it would result in a stable coin that we can use for normal purchases. That is the main goal of bitcoin, and I hope it achieves it. And for that goal, the fud and speculation don't help.

Anyway it seems we are fud-less period right now, which is good, and I have two more good news to add to the list.
Nothing really special, but it shows that BTC is still being used for purchases (this time to buy apartments), and that the US is slowly sending positive signs towards crypto (like the Arizona state passing a bill that will allow it's citizens to pay taxes with bitcoin). Like I said it's nothing special, because the state will have to sell the BTC in a 24h period, but it's still positive.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/a-pair-of-british-entrepreneurs-sold-50-luxury-flats-for-bitcoin-in-dubai (apartments sale)
https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-arizona-senate-passes-bill-to-allow-tax-payments-in-bitcoin (Arizona passing a bill to allow it's citizens to pay their taxes with BTC)
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 12:22:37 AM
yeah the fud that spreaded made bitcoin price go down.
if we can fight the fud, bitcoin and other crypto price will increase.
dont reply on the FUD thread, let it sink.
Activity: 798
Merit: 117
February 11, 2018, 08:06:19 PM

Thanks for sharing anyways, Yes we're in the right place and in the right time. I'm very bullish in cryptocurrencies The FUD is good to have an healthy correction. I bought in DIp and i feel insanely good that the price will go up in the next few days.
Activity: 117
Merit: 0
February 11, 2018, 08:00:09 PM

February 11, 2018, 06:39:43 PM

No, you are completely correct, and I actually listed the Facebook news about the ban on the list as well. For some reason I thought you were saying that Facebook add ban was bad for bitcoin because of the ban, and not because of the FUD it was generating (no idea why I thought that though). I was just stating my personal opinion about that, but I guess that we have the same opinion, or at least we both consider that as FUD. It is there already, and do keep posting more news as you encounter them.

OK, thank you. I think that Facebook add case is a typical example of a totally unnecessary FUD.
February 10, 2018, 02:30:04 PM

I apologize, I must have got it wrong. So you are just listing "negative" things on the off side.... I thought you are listing FUD and debunking it as well. That was my intention with this info.

No biggie about the article, I will keep letting you know about anything substantial I encounter. My good friend posted about Segwit today, so I already knew about it - those are fantastic news, yet something I expected to happen within a month or two.... happened a little bit earlier, but I won't be mad about it Smiley

No, you are completely correct, and I actually listed the Facebook news about the ban on the list as well. For some reason I thought you were saying that Facebook add ban was bad for bitcoin because of the ban, and not because of the FUD it was generating (no idea why I thought that though). I was just stating my personal opinion about that, but I guess that we have the same opinion, or at least we both consider that as FUD. It is there already, and do keep posting more news as you encounter them.
February 09, 2018, 08:32:41 AM

From a traders point of view the market is fine. Volatility is what traders like, and if they are good and have good strategies they can cope with everything that is happening. I would like to fight FUD not from a trader perspective, but from a usability perspective. I want to use bitcoin when it's ready for that, and not just trade it.

You should list Facebook ads ban in the FUD section. For me, it is a totally unimportant thing, but people are panicking over that too.
I already made a comment about that so here is the link instead of repeating it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29658938

I really didn't saw Facebook banning adds as bad news. It should actually have a positive effect for the crypto markets. I read your post, and you said it yourself, you don't even click or look to those adds. I usually do the same, but there are plenty of people that actually get themselves lured by the possibility of fast profit, and might click on those adds, and support bad ICOs (just look at bitconnect for example). So by banning these adds, I expect that the number of uniformed investors that comes into the market, that are only driven by FUD or FOMO, will decrease, and that is good for crypto in the long term, as it will get more stable, because people investing in it are more informed.

I apologize, I must have got it wrong. So you are just listing "negative" things on the off side.... I thought you are listing FUD and debunking it as well. That was my intention with this info.

No biggie about the article, I will keep letting you know about anything substantial I encounter. My good friend posted about Segwit today, so I already knew about it - those are fantastic news, yet something I expected to happen within a month or two.... happened a little bit earlier, but I won't be mad about it Smiley

February 07, 2018, 10:01:35 AM
Yes we should all support bitcoin together because I see many people are spreading negativity about btc that is not good anyway. Negativity affects the btc value it cause fear in new traders but those who are doing trading professionally they are calm because they know market  moves both side and when market rose aggressively market makes correction too after rise so it's the time to hold rather than sell. But always calculate your risk.

From a traders point of view the market is fine. Volatility is what traders like, and if they are good and have good strategies they can cope with everything that is happening. I would like to fight FUD not from a trader perspective, but from a usability perspective. I want to use bitcoin when it's ready for that, and not just trade it.

You should list Facebook ads ban in the FUD section. For me, it is a totally unimportant thing, but people are panicking over that too.
I already made a comment about that so here is the link instead of repeating it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29658938

I really didn't saw Facebook banning adds as bad news. It should actually have a positive effect for the crypto markets. I read your post, and you said it yourself, you don't even click or look to those adds. I usually do the same, but there are plenty of people that actually get themselves lured by the possibility of fast profit, and might click on those adds, and support bad ICOs (just look at bitconnect for example). So by banning these adds, I expect that the number of uniformed investors that comes into the market, that are only driven by FUD or FOMO, will decrease, and that is good for crypto in the long term, as it will get more stable, because people investing in it are more informed.

About anti-FUD, look at this document: https://www.banking.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/a5e72ac6-4f8a-473f-9c9c-e2894573d57d/BF62433A09A9B95A269A29E1FF13D2BA.clayton-testimony-2-6-18.pdf
From what I can read out - Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is speaking favorably about accepting the technology of Blockchain (read conclusion), he only suggests caution and regulation. It is always about regulation, which is a good thing, nobody ever seriously proposed a ban.

Thank for the article, this is actually great news, and I guess that the markets are already reacting positively on this. I completely agree with him, evolution shouldn't be stopped, and crypto is important for us. We must regulate them of course, specially because uninformed investors act irrationally, and can be easily scammed.

Another good news I will add (regarding coinbase finally making implementing segwit as a priority)
https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-crypto-exchange-to-roll-out-long-awaited-segwit-upgrade-in-few-weeks

I would say things are looking good for crypto future!
Activity: 2086
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 06, 2018, 06:40:21 AM
Yes we should all support bitcoin together because I see many people are spreading negativity about btc that is not good anyway. Negativity affects the btc value it cause fear in new traders but those who are doing trading professionally they are calm because they know market  moves both side and when market rose aggressively market makes correction too after rise so it's the time to hold rather than sell. But always calculate your risk.
February 06, 2018, 05:17:14 AM

About anti-FUD, look at this document: https://www.banking.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/a5e72ac6-4f8a-473f-9c9c-e2894573d57d/BF62433A09A9B95A269A29E1FF13D2BA.clayton-testimony-2-6-18.pdf
From what I can read out - Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is speaking favorably about accepting the technology of Blockchain (read conclusion), he only suggests caution and regulation. It is always about regulation, which is a good thing, nobody ever seriously proposed a ban.
Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
February 05, 2018, 01:56:38 PM
It's a fact, people react to fast on FUD and sell as they can, which causes the price to go down. So, yes, the FUD did do a lot of damage and it looks like it's been orchestrated. Or it must have been a coincidence, all the negative news coming at the same time. But It's also true that the price is manipulated, be it not bitfinex, then it must be whales with pump and dump groups.
Activity: 420
Merit: 119
February 05, 2018, 01:55:42 PM
fake news is made by people who really hate bitcoin, or they just want to make people panic so they can buy bitcoin at a very low price, I sure hope this change in the near future, I really hate seeing my tokens in red.
As of the moment, I am avoiding to check the market because it made me sad if I see my token at red, So I think i will hold my token until the end of the year and I will see what happens.
February 05, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
Thanks for the post and the title correction (it's done).
I'm think we have the same views in tether, and yes I agree with you, technically it should be unimportant, but there is the impact of human behavior that will be reflected in the markets. This is the main problem with crypto markets in my opinion. Since they are dominated by retail investors, that most of the times don't analyze their investments as hey should, end up showing irrational behavior because they lack the knowledge to do better.

As for the article you've submitted it's really well written and clearly takes a good picture of what the future might have in store for us, and it looks great, so yes, I will add that link to the "good news", even though it's not a consumed fact (but then again, bitcoin is also in development, so it makes perfect sense).

February 05, 2018, 11:17:57 AM
Please correct the subject, you wrote "toguether" instead of "together".

I would like to argue about Tether a little bit. From the technical point of view, it is possible that it is driving the price up. They can issue Tether on account of "keeping its value" and then use it to buy Bitcoin, this drives other people to buy Bitcoin and it drives the price up in series.

However, Tether is rather unimportant and considering Bitcoins total market cap compared to its, its potential crash shouldn't pose a threat for Bitcoin value, technically. Problem is that not everything is in mathematics and technicalities, we have to take human behavior and marketing into account. Unfortunately. We can help by starting to explain that technically - Tether is not a threat for Bitcoin. It's like saying that the fly hitting against an elephant is a threat for the elephant.

About positivities - you could add this article:
https://medium.com/@matteozago/why-the-web-3-0-matters-and-you-should-know-about-it-a5851d63c949
I stumbled upon it today and I think that the title is rather devaluing it - it is not really just about the web 3.0, but society 3.0.

Everybody should understand the strength of blockchain and smart contracts, it is a tool like no other before it.

February 05, 2018, 11:04:02 AM

And recently, more and more people have now started to use payments in batch, native segwit, dynamic fee estimation as described here some days ago https://en.bitcoin.it/w/index.php?title=Techniques_to_reduce_transaction_fees&action=history

And these are good news in my opinion. I do believe that most of the transactions are made by exchanges, so they really need to optimize the way they do this. Even without the LN there is no reason for the fees to be this high (even now, after they decreased a bit), so exchanges need to use segwit and batch transactions.

As for Cash App and Robinhood, I have nothing to say other than LOL
Maybe this is nothing special, but this is still a way for more people to get easy access to crypto, so I find those good news. Right now the majority of "investors" uses exchanges, that seem to be almost sabotaging crypto (by not batching tx and no using segwit), so if these new ways of buying crypto offer a good alternative to coinbase etc, then I find them good news.

I think the community is used now with the fake news, and people outside the crypto community are also used with fake news. The problem is media that don't understand what news they got (high-quality standard in journalism in 2018)

I think we should be at large scale if we really want to fight these FUD. Fake news are uncontrollable specially if the audience are being too lazy to read the whole content of the article which are mostly BIG HEADLINES that CAPTURE THEIR ATTENTIONS of the readers. This would stir the fear which happening  right now in the crypto world.

The community might be used to fake news, and I do believe that those users are not responsible for the bloodbath we are currently seeing, but the new "investors" that don't really understand crypto are somewhat responsible for what is happening. I'm not obsessed with the price, like I said before I have bitcoin for long term, and I'm waiting for adoption and real use cases for them, and I have a cash bankroll just for trading. But it's still sad to see these coordinated FUD attacks. They can't last for long though, but if we can fight them, I think we should. So if you have some good news, please share them.
Pages:
Jump to: