Pages:
Author

Topic: Lets Share Ideas of Ways to Manage Heat From Mining in a Home or Warehouse - page 5. (Read 7265 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
How do you like the Simpli-safe system?  My house is already wired with an alarm service, but i'm looking for something to monitor the windows I had to use has intake/exhaust ventilation.

I'm loving it!!!

Easy to set up.  Uses batteries [therefore wireless].

The base lets you know when the batteries are getting low.

The base uses cellular to communicate with simplisafe if you have them monitor it.

You'll love it if you get it.
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
Great topic and photos. With all these fans exhausting air, do you not worry about security? I.e not only someone trying to break in to steal your GPUs, but people breaking in thinking its something else (Cannabis farm etc.) ?

ROFL...

The only fan seen at my place is an exhaust.  However, it's in the back of the house facing the back yard which is also fenced in with a 6 feet high fence.  The other fan for intake is underneath the deck and NOT seen while also being in the back yard.  If ANYONE is in my LOCKED fenced in back yard without my permission, they're risking getting shot.

My weapon of choice:  30 caliber that also shoots arrows.  I would prefer to use the arrows on an intruder to keep the noise down from waking up neighbors.  It has one scope for .30 caliber pellets and another scope for arrows.  Two different barrels:  One for .30 caliber pellets and one for arrows.  The barrels simply screw on.

Video (Time stamped to 492 seconds) to show you the difference between this and a bow.  Much more accurate than a bow and it's explained why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_DsjavaufI&t=492s. There are also other toys at the house ALWAYS on the ready against "would be" intruders.

It also helps having a WIRELESS security system MONITORED by Simpli-safe.  https://simplisafe.com

I have the same WIRELESS alarm attachments for windows and doors placed on the fans on exterior walls.  Meaning, if someone TRIES to pull out or push in an exterior fan to get into the mining room, they set off an alarm just as if they opened a door or window.

My dad's mining room is in his garage and NO WINDOWS.  Hence, the exhaust to the attic.

How do you like the Simpli-safe system?  My house is already wired with an alarm service, but i'm looking for something to monitor the windows I had to use has intake/exhaust ventilation.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Lovely work I must say - I'm impressed (and a bit jealous!).

Thank you!

Much appreciated.

I'll be very happy when it's completed.  I'm currently involved with business taxes due on March 15th.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Lovely work I must say - I'm impressed (and a bit jealous!).
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Oh...myyy...goddddd.... You have a lot of gpu’s.
Insane. So jealous Smiley

Nice to see father and son on mining adventure Smiley

It's been a learning experience for sure with mining.  I'm still learning...

Yes, I'm happy my dad is FINALLY getting into mining.  I've been trying to coach him into mining in a nice way for the past 3 years.  He finally asked me about mining approximately 30 days ago.  So, we kind of dove into it shortly after that talk.

I suppose I have a lot of GPU's for a "home miner" with only 225 Amps service.  I hope to either upgrade my power at the house OR lease a small warehouse for cheap near my house by this time next year.  Which means, I plan on expanding my mining even more; as profits allow.

It's important for ANYONE who mines to also become a fairly decent trader in order to optimize profits from mining as much as possible.

My trading view profile if you wish to follow:  https://www.tradingview.com/u/ProwdClown/

I try to make my publications a learning experience as well when I post.  For example, here's a chart I created when explaining "EVENTS & PHASES" in Wyckoff's Accumulation Schematic:

Activity: 230
Merit: 101
Oh...myyy...goddddd.... You have a lot of gpu’s.
Insane. So jealous Smiley

Nice to see father and son on mining adventure Smiley
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
wow how many gpus have you installed?

At my place I have the following:

12 x EVGA NVIDIA 1070 Ti FTW2
52 x EVGA NVIDIA 1080 Ti FTW3
12 x XFX R9 390
36 x Sapphire R9 Fury
24 x R9 380
89 x RX 480
7 x RX 580
TOTAL OF 232 x GPU's at my place.

I gave my dad the following OLD rigs:

48 x R9 380's
7 x Bitmain S7's

He will also be purchasing some NVIDIA's very soon.  I plan on giving him my remaining R9 380's as I replace them with NVIDIA cards.

We will not get all of his cards going until after we both have our business taxes done.  He's NEW to this.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
wow how many gpus have you installed?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Great topic and photos. With all these fans exhausting air, do you not worry about security? I.e not only someone trying to break in to steal your GPUs, but people breaking in thinking its something else (Cannabis farm etc.) ?

ROFL...

The only fan seen at my place is an exhaust.  However, it's in the back of the house facing the back yard which is also fenced in with a 6 feet high privacy fence.  The other fan for intake is underneath the deck and NOT seen while also being in the back yard.  If ANYONE is in my LOCKED fenced in back yard without my permission, they're risking getting shot.

My weapon of choice:  30 caliber that also shoots arrows.  I would prefer to use the arrows on an intruder to keep the noise down from waking up neighbors.  It has one scope for .30 caliber pellets and another scope for arrows.  Two different barrels:  One for .30 caliber pellets and one for arrows.  The barrels simply screw on.

Video (Time stamped to 492 seconds) to show you the difference between this and a bow.  Much more accurate than a bow and it's explained why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_DsjavaufI&t=492s. There are also other toys at the house ALWAYS on the ready against "would be" intruders.

It also helps having a WIRELESS security system MONITORED by Simpli-safe.  https://simplisafe.com

I have the same WIRELESS alarm attachments for windows and doors placed on the fans on exterior walls.  Meaning, if someone TRIES to pull out or push in an exterior fan to get into the mining room, they set off an alarm just as if they opened a door or window.

My dad's mining room is in his garage and NO WINDOWS.  Hence, the exhaust to the attic.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
It is very important to keep things in check concerning decibel level. All must be level up in equal terms.

What must be "level up" in regards to "decibel level?"

Explain...
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
It is very important to keep things in check concerning decibel level. All must be level up in equal terms.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Here are the specs on the 30" model by TPI that we installed.  However, the decibel spec is not included:

I have two of these in my mining room that have been running 24/7/365 since September, 2014.

Link to their product page:  https://www.tpicorp.com/uploads/2/2/3/3/22337256/electrical-f.pdf

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
30" in diameter 7,800 CFM exhaust fan in the ceiling INSIDE the mining closet.  It's straddled over a ceiling joist in the attic above the garage.

How about decibels of each?

I would have to get a decibel meter or app [For iPhone] to read the level.  Remind me in the future to do that.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
30" in diameter 7,800 CFM exhaust fan in the ceiling INSIDE the mining closet.  It's straddled over a ceiling joist in the attic above the garage.

How about decibels of each?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Just a look at 2 of 5 Power Distribution Units (PDU's) mounted.  More photos will be posted sometime next week.

My dad and I both have to complete our business taxes for 2017 before getting back to work on our mining rooms.

Happy Mining!

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
30" in diameter 7,000 CFM exhaust fan in the ceiling INSIDE the mining closet.  It's straddled over a ceiling joist in the attic above the garage.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
This is to give you a look at what I mean when I said weather stripping was carefully placed in EACH opening for box fans.  Wanted you to see the weather stripping before completely closing it in with fans.

Don't mind the hardware that's covered by sheets to protect from dust.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
STILL AT MY DAD'S PLACE:

6 of the 8 x 20 inch box fans have been installed on this fan frame wall for the 48"W x 72"H x 18"D rack.  Two more to go in on the bottom before it's completed.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
BACK AT MY DAD'S PLACE:

All the frames for each 20" box fan were sealed on this fan frame wall for the 77"W x 72"H x 24"D rack on the inside of the mining closet.  Each square will be opened to place a fan inside AS NEEDED when rigs are added.  Weather stripping was placed in the opening of EACH square before placing 0.5" thick plywood over the opening.

Pages:
Jump to: