Pages:
Author

Topic: Letter to the EFF - page 8. (Read 46791 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
October 01, 2010, 05:47:06 PM
I'd say they rejected the donation. (Probably because they are busy eating and drinking with politicians.)

I am going to go with the optimistic hypothesis that they got bigger fish to fry than try to exchange bitcoins for paypal dollars.

With the famousness that they have with geeks, it wouldn't be surprising that they simply forgot our email.

Even if no money was attached it is pretty lame for a company claiming to be fighting for freedom to not be interested in a money that can be used freely.

You mean, uh, charity.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Strength in numbers
October 01, 2010, 05:02:45 PM
I'd say they rejected the donation. (Probably because they are busy eating and drinking with politicians.)

I am going to go with the optimistic hypothesis that they got bigger fish to fry than try to exchange bitcoins for paypal dollars.

With the famousness that they have with geeks, it wouldn't be surprising that they simply forgot our email.

Even if no money was attached it is pretty lame for a company claiming to be fighting for freedom to not be interested in a money that can be used freely.
legendary
October 01, 2010, 04:41:12 PM
The fact is, if we don't get a response within the next week ... or 2 weeks at the most ... I mean, at some point we need to follow up, right?

I just need to figure out what to ask.

Hi, did you managed to get control of the mybitcoin account?
donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2010, 02:44:30 PM
The fact is, if we don't get a response within the next week ... or 2 weeks at the most ... I mean, at some point we need to follow up, right?

I just need to figure out what to ask.
legendary
October 01, 2010, 11:50:41 AM

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
October 01, 2010, 10:33:32 AM
I wasn't saying that I don't trust Kiba to give a record of the correspondance, I just meant I hadn't followed carefully and didn't realize that they didn't even give a "Thanks, we'll check it out" response, or even a stock "We got your email" message.

Probably because we failed to show any benefit to EFF or to their community.

We had an opportunity to introduce a new system of accounting, which could revolutionize payments on the web. What we showed them was forty bucks--IF they hassled with our software and sketchy exchange service.

Somebody trade the Bitcoins into money, so they can get something out of this exchange.

legendary
Strength in numbers
October 01, 2010, 06:04:28 AM
I wasn't saying that I don't trust Kiba to give a record of the correspondance, I just meant I hadn't followed carefully and didn't realize that they didn't even give a "Thanks, we'll check it out" response, or even a stock "We got your email" message.

donator
October 01, 2010, 01:50:32 AM
You should remove the account info for the bitcoin account as soon as possible.

Sorry about that
legendary
October 01, 2010, 12:42:26 AM
You should remove the account info for the bitcoin account as soon as possible.
donator
October 01, 2010, 12:22:02 AM
Edit: this post used to contain the email thread, but I removed it for EFF's privacy.
donator
September 30, 2010, 11:59:58 PM
Perhaps the next step is to ask if they have access to the account or need help.

You could ask them if they would like to receive more bitcoin? Thus leading to the question if they will put up a donation box.

So there has been no verification that the funds were even received?

The only "verification" you have is Kiba and I's word that we were involved in an email thread with one of the heads of the EFF where we gave them the account information.

If you have any ideas on how we can get the EFF to prove that they recieved the funds, I'm definitely game.

If you want I will post the entire email thread here and just block out the names.
legendary
Strength in numbers
September 30, 2010, 10:53:51 PM
Perhaps the next step is to ask if they have access to the account or need help.

You could ask them if they would like to receive more bitcoin? Thus leading to the question if they will put up a donation box.

So there has been no verification that the funds were even received?
legendary
September 30, 2010, 09:44:39 PM

LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
September 30, 2010, 09:16:36 PM
May be we should just donate to other foundation? Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
September 30, 2010, 08:48:33 PM

I'm unclear on who is acting as spokesperson in this matter, his/her authority, and what information has been exchanged with the EFF.

We were led to believe that this was a group effort, and traded over a hundred posts composing a letter that we could agree on, yet it appears that communications have been held since that we are not privy to.

I am especially concerned with the statement that "they definitely understand that they can exchange their BTC for USD." Did someone in a responsible position make this policy, or was this an ad lib?

Anyone can act upon their own authority, they don't need our approval.  It is to their credit that they asked for commentary and support, but none need that to act.  This is not an action committee.
September 30, 2010, 08:38:16 PM

I'm unclear on who is acting as spokesperson in this matter, his/her authority, and what information has been exchanged with the EFF.

We were led to believe that this was a group effort, and traded over a hundred posts composing a letter that we could agree on, yet it appears that communications have been held since that we are not privy to.

I am especially concerned with the statement that "they definitely understand that they can exchange their BTC for USD." Did someone in a responsible position make this policy, or was this an ad lib?

donator
September 30, 2010, 01:15:32 PM
Did we reply to this? From the same email address? Are they aware of the bitcoin.exe program and website, or just of mybitcoin.com?

(And is mybitcoin.com our project? Has mybitcoin.com been reachable from the 'net recently?)

Does EFF know what they can do with their donated Bitcoins? IOW "Who are you, and what's in it for the EFF?"

Yes, we replied and they definitely understand that they can exchange their BTC for USD.
September 30, 2010, 01:11:32 PM

Do I understand correctly? mizerydearia is our spokesman, and received the following from an EFF rep:

Hi Aaron* and Mizery! It appears that the original message didn't make it to me (I get the [email protected]  messages), but we just heard from both of you yesterday. Smiley We're very happy to hear that EFF has such support in the Bitcoin community! What is the recommended course of action for us? Once raised, it seems that Bitcoin currency can be exchanged via PayPal or bank transfer, correct? Thanks again!

Did we reply to this? From the same email address? Are they aware of the bitcoin.exe program and website, or just of mybitcoin.com?

(And is mybitcoin.com our project? Has mybitcoin.com been reachable from the 'net recently?)

Does EFF know what they can do with their donated Bitcoins? IOW "Who are you, and what's in it for the EFF?"

legendary
September 29, 2010, 10:56:11 PM
Should I follow up with the EFF? What do I ask?

Indeed...what to do.

Unfortunately, I lack facilities in learning and discovering social norms.[1]

----
1. That's a bit of an exaggeration. Let just say that I have asperger syndrome and I am slow to catch on as far as the social game goes.
donator
September 29, 2010, 09:59:39 PM
Should I follow up with the EFF? What do I ask?
Pages:
Jump to: