Pages:
Author

Topic: Life's so short! (Life's signature campaign) - page 2. (Read 741 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1568
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
You might want to post this somewhere else, the forum might not be here in 80 years Grin (I can't come back in 2100) - history puts me at living until 2094 I have a chance at stretching it out...

I saw a ted talk on this a while ago, I don't even have next week planned out but during the pandemic this might've been a good time to look at this.

You can actually do that. There are two methods:

Travel at near the speed of light: Take a stroll near Pluto and back, a few days at near light speed will greatly accelerate time on earth from your perspective, keep doing it and you'll be in the year 2100.

Hibernation: Hoping they get the awakening part sorted out or the: don't kill the subject at the freeze or whatever slowing metabolism process is applied.

You see, travel to the future is already been demonstrated, it is no longer fiction. Now there are a few details here and there, but it is possible. Traveling to the past is still in discussion, something about wormholes and such...

Did you know: Merely being in a plane is already making your time stretching your compared to those on land? It is way small, but measurable. And astronauts, yes, those staying some months in the ISS are also skipping a few minutes ahead by the time they return to earth...

This time dilation phenomena is corrected by the clocks GPS satellites because their time is already different. Put in another way, those clocks need to tick a tiny little bit slower than on earth so they stay in sync to "slower" time passing on earth, or from our perspective "faster" time passing on space.

Einstein came up with this but it wasn't proven until after the late part of the 20th century, he couldn't see his own theory proven in his lifetime.

So yeah: travel really fast or hibernate to skip ahead...
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
You might want to post this somewhere else, the forum might not be here in 80 years Grin (I can't come back in 2100) - history puts me at living until 2094 I have a chance at stretching it out...

I saw a ted talk on this a while ago, I don't even have next week planned out but during the pandemic this might've been a good time to look at this.

Haha xD well, I can hope this forum exists and our names gets placed in an never ending block chain Cheesy and let's hope on technology to give us longer life!

The realization that all the weeks of my life can fit on this table is driving me crazy!

Yes, I also recently thought that although life seems (and even feels) long, in fact, everything happens instantly, and now you are already 30, 50, 70 years old.

Exactly! The fact that the boxes indeed gets removed so fast is also unspeakable. In this pandemic only, I am in home for 10 such boxes! More scarier if you replace "week" with "Sunday". So when you say you will do that on the next Sunday, think how you are wasting a box away.
Activity: 273
Merit: 14
The realization that all the weeks of my life can fit on this table is driving me crazy!

Yes, I also recently thought that although life seems (and even feels) long, in fact, everything happens instantly, and now you are already 30, 50, 70 years old.
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 4

Each box is a week Cheesy (sorry for messy lines) so after these many weeks, it will be 22nd century.

Taking the average lifespan of human, after these many boxes, all members of this forum would be no more xD

Feels scary to me Cheesy

Life is indeed short and I'm hedging my bet on stem cell coin, it will be a long hodl for sure but hopefully it'll be worth the trouble. Grin
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event

Feels scary to me Cheesy

You never know, maybe we're the special ones. Maybe we'll outlast most of them. Or maybe we're already heading towards chaos and collapse and we'll live short hellish lives.

How do I join the signature campaign and how much do I get each week?
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
I was feeling bored in this lockdown so thought, if we draw boxes of life weeks they are so less.

Taking the average lifespan of human, after these many boxes, all members of this forum would be no more xD

Feels scary to me Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: