Pages:
Author

Topic: Lifetime pool luck for antpool vs kano.is or why aren't you mining with kano.is - page 5. (Read 16522 times)

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
kano.is has been a long known gem for the few, but not the many since it started. Propogation of the fact is spreading recently however.

Grin

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Kano all the way. Antpoo/Bitmain tech deserves none of my money.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
dont forget that antpool keeps the tx fees.. so their "fee" is actually higher..

0% fees and PPLNS earnings. (The tx fee is not paid out to miners for maintaining cost and the bonus for our engineers.)

look close i put in a number for that in the post above.

the math is stunning anyone that can connect well to kano and use antpool instead is tossing away a ton of money

@ all forum members if you see a flaw with my math please post.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
dont forget that antpool keeps the tx fees.. so their "fee" is actually higher..

0% fees and PPLNS earnings. (The tx fee is not paid out to miners for maintaining cost and the bonus for our engineers.)

legendary
So antpool = 100% lifetime

Kano = 104.33 % lifetime.

fee for antpool is 2.5% so if you would have earned 100 coins after fees you get 97.5 coins.

and no transaction fees  or 97.5 coins

Same guy at kano  earns 104.33 coins  due to better kano luck  pays .9%   and has 103.39 coins

and gets fees for around four blocks  which is now about 1 maybe 1.2 coins   so 104.39 to 104.59 coins at kano

We all know if you are in China  firewall kind of sticks you inside China pools  but lots of us are outside China  and what the fuck are we doing if we are not mining at kano.is

Let me tell you a thing about luck that many here do not understand.

it does not even out to 100% in the real world of btc mining.

Why is that?  Well  lets pretend that antpool used dial up for internet service and kano.is uses  a fast provider like Verizon.

Any one could see kano.is would have better luck then antpool  since dial up is slow as shit compared to fiber optics.

And kano would have 120% luck with antpool doing 75% luck

Not the case of course since antpool has life time luck of 100% and kano.is has lifetime luck of 104.33 %

But kano.is is a master coder and one of the prime developers of cgminer {-ck has done a lot of work at it.}.  So of all the people in the world whom do you think has the best chance of writing the best code.

So I ask why are you mining at the wrong pool?

All miners in China are more likely to do this simply do to connection issues.  what about the rest of us? why not mine at kano.is

legendary
here is luck chart for antpool in a second color

and here is kano.is luck chart.

legendary
here is luck chart for antpool

legendary
I quoted this post and I am asking based on math below why don't you mine at kano.is pool

People are kind of oblivious, everyone flock to the bigger agglomeration, its a survival instinct. By default the miners are set to Antpool, too and then they advertise 0% fee. So people thing the less = better. But Antpool keep the txfee, so the fee is much higher than Kano's 0.9%.

The other thing is that Bitmain might be keeping a lot of S7 for themselves. It would be rather profitable for them to do so.

Antpoool last month Luck

24 Hours       3 Day         1 Week       2 Weeks       1 Month 
106.00%     108.00%     111.00%     107.00%     103.00%

https://www.antpool.com/poolStats.htm

and it claims lifetime to be 100%  lets say that is true

kano.io claims lifetime to be 104.33%  lets say that is true.

so an antpool miner that earns 100 coins before fees before fees =  97.5 coins  after 2.5 % fee and no transaction fees  so total of 97.5 coins
a miner that mined with kano  would be getting 104.33 coins = 103.39 coins after .9% fee    and about 4 blocks worths of fees say 1 more coin 104.39 coins

so a big time miner not in China    is getting 97.5 coins after fees at antpool  and a bigtime miner with kano would be getting 104.39 coins

So I get if you are in China why mining at antpool makes sense due to firewall issue.     but 97.5 coins vs 104.39 coins  no contest where anyone should mine.

Pages:
Jump to: