Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 12. (Read 684877 times)

Activity: 771
Merit: 528
I had minepeon back on the USB erupter days, really like it and it is a very great project.
Now I own a Bitmine coincraft desk, I believe it would work since it has a RPi in it.
However, the desk has a front 16x2 LCD panel displaying hashrate, temperature etc.
Is there a way to make it work?
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Hi Neil.
Is there or will there be GriDseed G-Blade Support in Minepeon for Litecoin on the Raspberry Pi Model B platform?

Thanks.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Thanks. This post was very helpful.
Activity: 33
Nevermind, found it on github.

Where?  The site still shows 3.10.0

New bfgminer: 4.0.0
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrencies is future
I would recommend using something like this if you are wanting faster power cycle times than waiting for a "hands on" tech at the datacenter to get around to taking action on your ticket.
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
I tried the Beaglebone image and my beaglebone black doesnt seem to boot up. It turns on the all the lights lite blue but they dont start to flash and i cant seem to ssh or anything.

I also tried the newest version on my rasp pi with my miner(hashfast) and it seems to freeze after 10-20mins and the webpage goes down as well as the miner and I must manually reboot it.
Activity: 585
I've seen a couple of people say that they have their USB 3.0 hubs working - is there a new firmware likely to fix this issue? the hubs work perfectly in windows so i dont really want to have to replace them.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hi Guys, i've jus moved my SHA mining rigs from a windows box to my RPi using Minepeon (was multimining on the box with CPU and GPUs but heat became a problem) but i'm having some issues with my USB miners - i have 23 USB ASIC miners, one Ant U1 miner and 3 chili miners, the chili miners are detected straight away and are running happily - the USB miners will not detect (the green lights stay on).

The RPi is connected as below:

RPi - 10 port ORICO USB 2 HUB  - ORICO 10 Port USB 3 Hub - 8x USB ASIC Miner
                                           - Dodocool 10 Port USB 3 Hub - 7x USB ASIC Miner
                                           - ORICO 10 Port USB 3 Hub - 6x USB ASIC Miner & 1 Antminer U1
                                           - 3x MrTeal Chili miners

I'm gussing that the issue lies some where in the way the hubs are connected OR in the config for the bfgminer?

if it makes any difference its the first version RPi (256mb RAM)

Any help would be great Cheesy                                         

RPi will not work with USB3 hubs. It is a known problem with the usb interface.
It is ok with USB2.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
I am helping someone out on the latest version on the status page it has these fields. I am curious what is the Error and Utility showing. When using a 10 port hub getting 731 errors on one device and 0 Under utility for all devices.

In fact all devices are showing a ton of errors from 2 to 1800 all 9 Asic USB's. Does anyone have any tips to get the Errors down and Accepted up. 3 Accepted 5400 Errors Sad

I am worry about it

If power ends up being your problem this is a great powered hub.  It has enough juice to run 9 U1s and 1 U2 without problems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182208

Look at the amps on your psu that powers your hub.  assume each miner uses .5 amps.  Its actually less cause this hub has a 4 amp psu and runs to but .5 is a good starting point then start adding more.

Is there enough space between the ports so 9 U2s fit without the heatsink getting in the way?
With hubs switched off:

[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ lsusb -t
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/3p, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=smsc95xx, 480M
        |__ Port 3: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
            |__ Port 4: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/7p, 480M
                |__ Port 5: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ftdi_sio, 480M
                |__ Port 6: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ftdi_sio, 480M
                |__ Port 7: Dev 8, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ftdi_sio, 480M

With hubs switched on:

|__ Port 1: Dev 116, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 3: Dev 125, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 126, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
            |__ Port 2: Dev 127, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 3: Dev 38, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 39, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
            |__ Port 3: Dev 29, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 3: Dev 48, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 49, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M

looks like the hubs are detected but the items connected are not - am i missing something?

for an experiment i connected a USB memory stick and it seems to be detected fine:

|__ Port 1: Dev 116, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 3: Dev 125, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 126, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
               |__ Port 1: Dev 106, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 480M
            |__ Port 2: Dev 127, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 3: Dev 38, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 39, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
            |__ Port 3: Dev 29, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 3: Dev 48, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 49, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Hi Guys, i've jus moved my SHA mining rigs from a windows box to my RPi using Minepeon (was multimining on the box with CPU and GPUs but heat became a problem) but i'm having some issues with my USB miners - i have 23 USB ASIC miners, one Ant U1 miner and 3 chili miners, the chili miners are detected straight away and are running happily - the USB miners will not detect (the green lights stay on).

RPi - 10 port ORICO USB 2 HUB  - ORICO 10 Port USB 3 Hub - 8x USB ASIC Miner
                                           - 3x MrTeal Chili miners

I'm gussing that the issue lies some where in the way the hubs are connected OR in the config for the bfgminer?

Try the following command and confirm that the USB3 HUB's are not detected by the RPI. That's a known problem.

Code:
lsusb | grep -i hub

With the following command, you can see the Tree of the detected equipments connected to the USB ports:

Code:
lsusb -t

RPi - 10 port ORICO USB 2 HUB  - ORICO 10 Port USB 3 Hub - 8x USB ASIC Miner
                                           - 3x MrTeal Chili miners

Activity: 35
If you are using Minepeon with RPi and antminers

try this.. I am running 10 Antminers using the following config

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

Working well and running 19.6 Ghash/s with 0 errors
Activity: 59
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

Is this correct? If so why doesn't it detect my antminer? Also I'm getting a 100% error with my Redfury.
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
Hi BitMiner and thanks for the link.
It seems it has no sense to mine because I lost my monet... probably do I miss anithing?
If you are looking to make a lot of money, I believe that ship has sailed. If you are looking to just learn and play with the technology, then a small USB powered ASIC and a Raspberry Pi running Minepeon would most likely get you going. It is fun to play with the mining hardware and get it all working. It really depends what your budget is for this project. Just don't expect to make much BTC if at all. Maybe some others can send links to some products that might fit your need, I have not researched it for many months.
Activity: 2
Hi BitMiner and thanks for the link.
It seems it has no sense to mine because I lost my monet... probably do I miss anithing?
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
hi guys,
I am new and I want to know if using a raspberry pi and a Bitmain AntMiner U2: 2Gh/s USB Bitcoin ASIC miner it is ok to mine bitcoin or if the HW is not enough for that.

I am looking forward to read your answer before buying that.

Thanks a lot in advance.

You might want to use one of these calculators to help determine ROI.
http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
https://tradeblock.com/mining/
You can then make a better financial decision.
Activity: 2
hi guys,
I am new and I want to know if using a raspberry pi and a Bitmain AntMiner U2: 2Gh/s USB Bitcoin ASIC miner it is ok to mine bitcoin or if the HW is not enough for that.

I am looking forward to read your answer before buying that.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Activity: 672
How do I update my minepeon to the most current version of cgminer through the command line?

If you are running the latest version (0.2.4.6) login via ssh and you will see a command menu.  You can do it from there.

Neil

Nothing in the 0.2.4.6 Minepeon Console Menu says anything about updating/upgrading to most current verision of cgminer. I see options to update the Minepeon, Minepeon Configuration, Archlinux. I did them all and it still doesn't have the latest version of cgminer.

It will only update the new cgminer if Neil updates the repository.

You are using minepeon, not out of the box cgminer.
Pages:
Jump to: