Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 61. (Read 685021 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Apologies if I missed it but is there a way to simply reorder the pools or switch pools easily?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The correct start command seems to be '/opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer'

Tried to start bfgminer manually with parameter '-S all' & '-S erupter:all' but i always receive 'All devices disabled, cannot mine'
With cgminer minpeon 0.2.3a works perfectly.

minepeon@minepeon ~ $ /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf  
All devices disabled, cannot mine!
minepeon@minepeon ~ Sad $ /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

miner.conf

Icarus settings manually added.

{
    "algo": "c",
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": "4028",
    "expiry": "120",
    "icarus-options": "115200:1:1",
    "icarus-timing": "3.0=100",
    "hotplug": "5",
    "log": "5",
    "no-pool-disable": true,
    "queue": "1",
    "scan-time": "60",
    "shares": "0",
    "kernel-path": "\/opt\/minepeon\/bin",
    "api-allow": "W:0\/0",
    "pools": [
        {
            "url": "asc.coinmine.pl:6110",
            "user": "xxxxxxxxx",
            "pass": "yyyyyyyyy"
        }
    ]
}

Pretty sure you shouldn't have the icarus-options & icarus-timing in there for CGMiner 3.4.0 or above (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong) also you definitely didn't need them in there for BFGMiner. Also, both my Pi's running BFG have the double slash, they've been stable for about a week now.

Code:
minepeon@stablePi ~ $ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service 
[Unit]
Description=bfgminer
After=network.target openntpd.service

[Service]
Type=forking
User=minepeon
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /opt/minepeon/bin//bfgminer/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
ExecStop=/usr/bin/screen -S bfgminer -X quit
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Edit:
I have recompiled BFGMiner with the latest + libmicrohttpd on both these miners as well as completing a full system update (sudo pacman -Syu).
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
The correct start command seems to be '/opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer'

Tried to start bfgminer manually with parameter '-S all' & '-S erupter:all' but i always receive 'All devices disabled, cannot mine'
With cgminer minpeon 0.2.3a works perfectly.

minepeon@minepeon ~ $ /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf   
minepeon@minepeon ~ Sad $ /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

miner.conf

Icarus settings manually added.

{
    "algo": "c",
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": "4028",
    "expiry": "120",
    "icarus-options": "115200:1:1",
    "icarus-timing": "3.0=100",
    "hotplug": "5",
    "log": "5",
    "no-pool-disable": true,
    "queue": "1",
    "scan-time": "60",
    "shares": "0",
    "kernel-path": "\/opt\/minepeon\/bin",
    "api-allow": "W:0\/0",
    "pools": [
        {
            "url": "asc.coinmine.pl:6110",
            "user": "xxxxxxxxx",
            "pass": "yyyyyyyyy"
        }
    ]
}
Activity: 672
PERFECT. Thanks so much TK!

Danny

Activity: 295
At first I thought the same, however my bfgminer.service has it in there with both // and works fine.
Not double slashes - that does work fine.  He was pointing out that bfgminer is listed twice in the path:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /opt/minepeon/bin//bfgminer/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
Shouldn't it be this?

Code:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

instead of his original post:

Code:

At first I thought the same, however my bfgminer.service has it in there with both // and works fine.
Activity: 576
Shouldn't it be this?

Code:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

instead of his original post:

Code:
Code:
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ sudo cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service

[Unit]
Description=bfgminer

[Service]
Type=forking
User=minepeon
Restart=always

[Install]

hmm, that all looks correct, did you try to trace the directory to make sure that's the location of the bfgminer executable?

Code:
cd /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer/
ls -la | grep bfgminer

I know I've recompiled BFGMiner and put it in /opt/bfgminer/  I doubt this is a cause (unless you recompiled it, then maybe), but never hurts to check.)
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ sudo cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service

[Unit]
Description=bfgminer

[Service]
Type=forking
User=minepeon
Restart=always

[Install]

I was testing Minepeon 0.2.2 and tried to change to bfgminer but for some reason it doesn't work, Also tried Minepeon 0.2.3a and got the same issue.

Currently i have no clue what might be wrong.

[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ sudo systemctl status bfgminer.service
bfgminer.service - bfgminer
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Mon 2013-09-23 15:52:50 BST; 51s ago
  Process: 473 ExecStop=/usr/bin/screen -S bfgminer -X quit (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 470 ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /opt/minepeon/bin//bfgminer/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 471 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: name=systemd:/system/bfgminer.service

Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Unit bfgminer.service entered failed state.
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: bfgminer.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Stopping bfgminer...
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Starting bfgminer...
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: bfgminer.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Failed to start bfgminer.
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Unit bfgminer.service entered failed state.
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$

Can run & post the results of the below command:
Code:
sudo cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service

I was testing Minepeon 0.2.2 and tried to change to bfgminer but for some reason it doesn't work, Also tried Minepeon 0.2.3a and got the same issue.

Currently i have no clue what might be wrong.

[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ sudo systemctl status bfgminer.service
bfgminer.service - bfgminer
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Mon 2013-09-23 15:52:50 BST; 51s ago
  Process: 473 ExecStop=/usr/bin/screen -S bfgminer -X quit (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 470 ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /opt/minepeon/bin//bfgminer/bfgminer -S erupter:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 471 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: name=systemd:/system/bfgminer.service

Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: bfgminer.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Stopping bfgminer...
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Starting bfgminer...
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: bfgminer.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
Sep 23 15:52:50 minepeon systemd[1]: Failed to start bfgminer.
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$

Activity: 257
Neil,would you consider a channel on freenode for discussion in real time about minepeon.
indeed it seems that cgminer does crash when using usb miners... BFG has been working solid for the past 10 hours

Since I switched to BFGMiner, 4d 8h 16m 36s uptime thus far.

Speaking of which i have sort of an issue. BFG mines fine with usb miners, but whenever it reboots it doesn't mine automatically like cgminer, i have to ssh into the Pi, and go into manage devices and type ALL for BFGminer to find the USB erupters...

So whenever my Pi crashes, i would have to physically log into Pi, and type in ALL just to get the Bfgminer going again... Anyway automated way for bfg to just recognize the devices from the get-go?

Do you start it with the switch -S 'erupter:all' ?

^ except without the single quotation marks.

Your bfgminer.service file should look something like:

Code: (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service)
[Unit]
Description=bfgminer

[Service]
Type=forking
User=minepeon
Restart=always

[Install]
Activity: 290
indeed it seems that cgminer does crash when using usb miners... BFG has been working solid for the past 10 hours

Speaking of which i have sort of an issue. BFG mines fine with usb miners, but whenever it reboots it doesn't mine automatically like cgminer, i have to ssh into the Pi, and go into manage devices and type ALL for BFGminer to find the USB erupters...

So whenever my Pi crashes, i would have to physically log into Pi, and type in ALL just to get the Bfgminer going again... Anyway automated way for bfg to just recognize the devices from the get-go?

Do you start it with the switch -S 'erupter:all' ?

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
*Does not matter pi still does not see my stuff on the usb 3.0 hubs Sad

to be honest, I didn't think it would... I have a Raspbian fully updated and it doesn't detect anything USB 3.0... if you want it to work with the Pi, best chances are sticking to USB 2.0

Well I'm chaining 4 usb 3.0 into a usb 2.0 then to my mining hardware... was hoping the 2.0 would work out as it's the host.
Activity: 299
I believe I have found the cause of a bug in the WebGui that distorts all of the statistics:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3201676
*Does not matter pi still does not see my stuff on the usb 3.0 hubs Sad

to be honest, I didn't think it would... I have a Raspbian fully updated and it doesn't detect anything USB 3.0... if you want it to work with the Pi, best chances are sticking to USB 2.0
Pages:
Jump to: