Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 89. (Read 685021 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Code:
Aug 11 16:05:39 alarmpi kernel: [178378.439806] usb 1-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 3
Aug 11 16:05:39 alarmpi kernel: [178378.440089] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0: eth0: unregister 'smsc95xx' usb-bcm2708_usb-1.1, smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet
Aug 11 16:05:39 alarmpi dhcpcd[265]: eth0: carrier lost
Aug 11 16:05:39 alarmpi systemd[1]: Stopping Automatic wired network connection using netctl profiles...
Aug 11 16:05:40 alarmpi ifplugd[121]: Link beat lost.
Aug 11 16:05:40 alarmpi ifplugd[121]: Executing '/etc/ifplugd/netctl.action eth0 down'.
Aug 11 16:05:40 alarmpi dhcpcd[265]: received SIGTERM, stopping
Aug 11 16:05:40 alarmpi dhcpcd[265]: eth0: removing interface

... etc ...

Meh - even standard Arch has the problem, so maybe it still is a hardware issue ...

uname -a
Linux alarmpi 3.6.11-11-ARCH+ #1 PREEMPT Tue May 14 16:12:58 UTC 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux

Odd though coz that's: archlinux-hf-2013-06-06.zip
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
To the people that are testing by pulling from git:

The backup page has a new button to export settings as .zip, therefore you must install "zip" first:
Code:
sudo pacman -S zip

Secondly, on the advanced page: if you find certain things unclear, please let me know. And just in case: always welcome to write some guiding info  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
cgminer 3.3.2 is in git. 

I am also testing 0.2.3 for release in the next 24 hours.  Apart from containing the new WebUI it has OS privilege changes that allow the stopping/starting/killing and rebooting of the processes and the MinePeon by the new monitoring scripts.

Neil
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
This SO work on Cubieboard too? Smiley

I am working on getting it functioning with the cubieboard2.
Another one Smiley
http://cubieboard.org/

Anyone got a link to somewhere that sells them for BTC?

And another... Shocked I'm sure, shipping in about two weeks(c) 2013 BFL
http://utilite-computer.com/
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/07/utilite-arm-ubuntu-pc-quad-core
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
The Europe distrubutor for both boards is also based in Germany.
I have already written them a few days ago. But still get no response. I'll call them next week....
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Got quick question. How do I getinfo on minepeon/arch ? Id like to get info on my new Jaly hardware. My linux totally suck so please go easy on me Wink

Was testing CK firmware and looks like its a bit faster than 1.2.5 but getting a lot more HW errors.  same time seems to be faster but it submit less shares then 1.2.5 on both of my jaly.

+1

I got the same question about run getinfo on MinePeon 0.2.2 to know the chips used in Jalapeno.

Thanks in advance  Smiley

Edit: I found the information into "https://your.minepeon.ip/miner.php", then click Stats and scroll to the right and here is the 'GetInfo'
legendary
I could offer pcDuino and cubiebords for BTC if there is demand for it.
But with shipping from germany not the nearest offer
Well my 2nd RPi+Cover I ordered cost me 0.93BTC from the USA to Aus
(and yes that did seem like a lot to me at the time - but I have a possible 2ndary use for the 2nd one)

If they are much more than the online cost ... then no.

I do this to help support the devices ... and I like gadgets Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Can I take you up on that?  It is something that MinePeon users want so it will be an idea use of the donation fund and I can just squeeze them into my compile line, make a git repo for the binaries (where needed) and give the "official" support.

Email me at [email protected] if your interested.

Neil
yxt
legendary
legendary

Another one Smiley
http://cubieboard.org/

Anyone got a link to somewhere that sells them for BTC?
yxt
legendary

pcDuino Huh
Has someone already tested?
Activity: 700
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Thanks Smiley Waiting for news soon Wink
Activity: 17

Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
One more thing... I recommend that the password must be asked 2 times, to validate that we didn't pushed the wrong key...  Cry
Done :-)
Thanks.
Activity: 700
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 27
One more thing... I recommend that the password must be asked 2 times, to validate that we didn't pushed the wrong key...  Cry
Done :-)

I get the same issue. I cant even change ssh password. It says its done buy still old one in place. The only thing I have changed was sd card on my Pi. Didn't have this issue on my other card so that my be it. Will try it and report back.
ssh password and webUI password are independent. Both are default minepeon/peon

Change ssh password: ssh into pi and use passwd

Reset webUI password to default: ssh into pi and do
Code:
echo 'minepeon:$apr1$DcY4Nshh$qoM20SzA2h2tBKyKUuAsg/' > /opt/minepeon/etc/uipassword
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Got quick question. How do I getinfo on minepeon/arch ? Id like to get info on my new Jaly hardware. My linux totally suck so please go easy on me Wink

Was testing CK firmware and looks like its a bit faster than 1.2.5 but getting a lot more HW errors.  same time seems to be faster but it submit less shares then 1.2.5 on both of my jaly.
Activity: 197

How can I reset the web password?  Huh

UPDATE: I discovered the "new" password and it's not the one I put... it blanked the password, when I tried to put a new one. Trying again...

NEW UPDATE: I can't insert a new password @ the settings page (no error but still keeps blank password) but I can insert new password @ advanced / settings page.

I get the same issue. I cant even change ssh password. It says its done buy still old one in place. The only thing I have changed was sd card on my Pi. Didn't have this issue on my other card so that my be it. Will try it and report back.
Activity: 147
So, I just set up a Raspberry Pi with MinePeon for the first time tonight.  Bloody awesome is the only term to describe it. =) Here's some things that weren't so obvious for me, and made me thrash around madly.

1) When using wicd-curses, you have to go into the Preferences screen and manually type in "wlan0" (without quotes) in the wireless interface box.  If you don't do that, you will tear your hair out, cuss and yell at your hapless Pi, and just generally be grumpy because wicd-curses doesn't see your wireless adapter.

Dude, thank you.
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
FYI I will from now on be including a RPi Arch binary with the other binaries I do most releases
(statically linked to a known working version of libusb)
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/RPi_Arch
Re: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2899519

Thanks Kano!
Pages:
Jump to: