Pages:
Author

Topic: List of advertising shills. Mods please review and ban as appropriate. - page 6. (Read 2780 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
What does "kinda" mean?
I'm not entirely sure if you want the literal meaning of the word (probably not), but...

kinda = kind of; it's like...;

In his case, kinda is obviously an yes.
Our goal is to -snip-
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Hi! I'm kinda related to this online magazine.
What does "kinda" mean?

The users sig spammers like content that I share.
FTFY

it truly looks like a witch-hunt.
Don't be a complete dick.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587
Did I break the rules of this forum?
As I said in my post above, this kind of behavior breaks rules regarding spamming, low value or uninteresting threads, and unsubstantial advertising.

Just take a look at the number of views messages in the threads.
This is a useless metric, I'm afriad. You are posting on Bitcoin Discussion and Altcoin Discussion. These boards are some of the core posting areas of bounty spammers. Pretty much any thread will get views and replies. Take a look at some of the utterly trash topics which are getting hundreds of replies and thousands of views: Example 1, Example 2, Example 3.

And that's why I don't understand why some of the topics have been deleted.
Because you are not using the forum for its intended purpose, which is to discuss ideas. You are abusing the forum for free advertising for your site.

Anyway, if this forum is not the right place to share important content for the community I will stop doing this immediately.
I would hardly call a bunch of blog posts "important content".
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Totally agree with o_e_l_e_o . I’m really glad you brought this up . I’ve been following a couple of these members and it does appear that advertising/shilling is going on.
In particular JessicaVL - always a link and going through post history there’s a re hashing of old posts with a slightly different subject header , but the post is a rehash of older posts ..
Multivitamina - it appears that you were going down the same road , just sharing an article is not news tbh . Members may view the post , but may well not read it at all .
My posting history is not perfect , but what I don’t do is just repeat something I’ve seen or heard and put on this forum .
This is not a witch hunt I believe , but do take some advice .
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Did I break the rules of this forum?

Yes:
1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. [1][e]

Let's ask the community, maybe?

You already got your answer. The community has reported your low-value threads and moderators have deleted them.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
User:   Bitcoin_chaser

This user registered on January 08, 2020 and has made 9 topics till now. All topics contain link to a specific website. All other posts of Bitcoin_chaser has been made on different gambling threads for advertising purposes with links to a website.
The most annoying part of posts this user makes is that he/she quotes the whole topic

Post history:
Page 1
Page 2
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
Hi @o_e_l_e_o. Did I break the rules of this forum? To the best of my knowledge, I didn't.

What I basically do is share one exclusive article per day. I personally believe that the bitcointalk's community may benefit from these features. Moreover, the community proved my belief to be reliable. The users like content that I share. Just take a look at the number of views and messages in the threads. That's why I share the articles. And that's why I don't understand why some of the topics have been deleted.

Please elaborate what's the problem. Otherwise, it truly looks like a witch-hunt.

Anyway, if this forum is not the right place to share important content for the community I will stop doing this immediately. But would the community benefit from it? Let's ask the community, maybe?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587
After this thread - Policy on users like this guy? - and seeing pretty rapid action being taken against the user responsible as well as said user then ceasing this copy and paste shilling spam, I figured I would compile a list of other users who display the same behavior patterns for the mods to review and hopefully take action against. And honestly, I'm getting kinda bored of reporting the same names over and over again.

The users I will list below are users who either own or are being paid by a site or variety of sites to shill said sites. They largely post copy and pasted articles, add nothing of any value, and make zero effort to generate a discussion or actually contribute to the forum. Some also make low value, vaguely on-topic posts solely for the reason of shoehorning in a link to one of the sites. They are breaking rules regarding spam, low value posts, unsubstantial advertising, and advertising in other users' threads. I'm hoping that the moderators will hand out temporary bans to these users, and escalate this to perma-bans if their spamming doesn't stop.

User:   -Multivitamina-
Shilling "forklog.media". All posts are copy and paste spam with a link appended. Makes zero effort to contribute or discuss. 8 threads deleted from Bitcoin Discussion in last few weeks. Also spams Altcoin Discussion.

User:   Jgilpulg
Shilling "bitcoinist". All posts are copy and paste spam. Constant and repeat offender in the Press board. 44 threads trashed by moderators.

User:   jdebunt
Shills "fintoism.com". Recently "woke up" and began pattern of shilling behavior. Another repeat offender in the Press board. 15 threads trashed so far.

User:   JessicaVL
Shills a variety of projects, including "tap.global", "eToro.com", "4king.com" and "vertex.market". Starts a lot of copy and paste threads in Bitcoin Discussion. Also makes lots of low value posts in other user's threads simply to include a link to one of the shilled projects.
Pages:
Jump to: