Pages:
Author

Topic: List of all cryptocoins - page 33. (Read 833058 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
February 13, 2014, 10:15:13 AM
wake up. dogecoin is a joke. when it stops being funny it'll fade away.

DOGECOIN NUMBER 1 - TRADING ACTIVITY ON CRYPTSY.COM

Here Cryptsy Live Statistics - http://live.myip.ms

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
February 13, 2014, 06:03:55 AM
wake up. dogecoin is a joke. when it stops being funny it'll fade away.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17
February 13, 2014, 01:59:46 AM
30+ new coins again. update is on it's way. If you want something added, please PM me :
in-wallet currency code and name,  bitcointalk [ann] thread.

like:  MAX Maxcoin    https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmax-maxcoin-pow-asic-resistance-keccak-gpu-mining-438150

every coin add-request with link, posted on this thread, is already prepared, no need for PM.

If it's not included on market cap sites, actual supply of coins would help.

dogecoin should be moved to MAJOR ALTERNATIVES at the bare minimum.
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
February 12, 2014, 10:16:55 PM
30+ new coins again. update is on it's way. If you want something added, please PM me :
in-wallet currency code and name,  bitcointalk [ann] thread.

like:  MAX Maxcoin    https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmax-maxcoin-pow-asic-resistance-keccak-gpu-mining-438150

every coin add-request with link, posted on this thread, is already prepared, no need for PM.

If it's not included on market cap sites, actual supply of coins would help.
Activity: 56
February 12, 2014, 09:11:31 PM
thank you for all the information, very useful for newbie (like me) Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
February 12, 2014, 08:52:16 PM
Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
February 12, 2014, 06:54:46 AM
Great work +1
Activity: 82
February 11, 2014, 04:12:12 PM
nice work
Activity: 22
Merit: 4
February 11, 2014, 04:05:33 PM
Are there any cryptocoin protocols that permanently remove the processing power advantage in mining in a mathematically verifiable way, so that specialized equipment can never be developed to game the algorithms?   Perhaps a genetic algo that evolves?

Thwarting botnets and other parallel processing attacks seems difficult if you rely on processors to do the work.  What about requiring a human to participate in the work?  Maybe image recognition work that computers currently can't do like solving capchas?

I would rather jump off the roof headfirst onto a thumbtack than solve captchas.

Capchas are annoying, a more rigorous approach is needed.  But it may only be necessary to require that a capcha be solved to connect to the network (with the connection being dropped after some number of hours to require re-connection).  Farms and botnets might be thwarted that way.

Processing power advantage is real problem for cryptocoins.  It is why bitcoin is heading toward mining monopolies, making the dreaded 51% attack possible.  As mining becomes more difficult, fewer and fewer people can afford the equipment to succeed at it.  And pools just confer processing power advantage to the central authorities that manage them.

Activity: 14
February 11, 2014, 11:01:51 AM
FYI: I suggested to un-sticky this thread.

+1

Do a informative,  list-of-coins thread or and let it fall out of sight if its quality doesn't keep it floating.
reason seems unreasonable
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
February 11, 2014, 03:55:09 AM

+1

Do a informative,  list-of-coins thread or and let it fall out of sight if its quality doesn't keep it floating.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
February 11, 2014, 03:53:35 AM
I think its somewhat irresponsible not to maintain this list without a fairly strong regularity,  It is also biased and misleading based on authors opinions.

This list gets used often,  people enjoy knowing what is out there however if the information is not accurate it can reflect incorrectly on coins.

Vertcoin, isn't even on this list yet after having one of cryptos strongest first months for any coin, with a article picked up by Yahoo! Finance.  

Update the list, and remove the judgments about coin quality.

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
February 11, 2014, 03:47:39 AM
Activity: 112
smartcoin.io
February 11, 2014, 12:14:11 AM
SmartCoin is now donating to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)! These tireless champions of Internet freedom deserve every ounce of the attention they receive, and though we may be a newer currency, we've decided to give back.

Over 3,500 SMC has been donated to the EFF in just a few hours! 100% of donations go directly to the EFF and their work toward Internet freedom.

Please consider donating to EFF today: SV1eg8DmXxzr3UQ1nWjLzjE7ose7TCCUmw

- SmartCoin
Activity: 63
February 10, 2014, 11:52:39 PM
Just been wondering - does it really make any sense to have more than a dozen varieties?
Activity: 70
February 10, 2014, 10:38:03 PM
Are there any cryptocoin protocols that permanently remove the processing power advantage in mining in a mathematically verifiable way, so that specialized equipment can never be developed to game the algorithms?   Perhaps a genetic algo that evolves?

Thwarting botnets and other parallel processing attacks seems difficult if you rely on processors to do the work.  What about requiring a human to participate in the work?  Maybe image recognition work that computers currently can't do like solving capchas?

I would rather jump off the roof headfirst onto a thumbtack than solve captchas.
Activity: 22
Merit: 4
February 10, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

Activity: 14
February 10, 2014, 08:15:26 PM
interesting, well done and thorough.. good, thank you!!  Grin
Activity: 293
Merit: 261
Professional Ameteur
February 10, 2014, 05:12:51 PM
The kudos network hashrate doubled over the last few days! http://kudoscrypto.org/
Pages:
Jump to: