Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin halvening price speculation? - page 3. (Read 1045 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 10
Living is easy with eyes closed ...
I suppose before the growth of Litecoin due to the halving, we will see a strong drop in the token that can reach 40 percent. Only then will strong growth follow.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
Litecoin price not only depends on the halvening but also depends on the state of the bitcoin market, if the bitcoin can exceed the price of 11k and the possibility of up to 20k will be easier and litecoin may exceed $ 250 ..
I totally agree with your opinion, aside halving of litecoin coming soon, the coin will still get its value from bitcoin pump since it still belongs to the group of coins at the top 20 market, so the potential to reach higher value is there, so I don’t know what is making people think litecoin won’t increase when it has not turned to a shitcoin yet, although their performance has been a bit low lately after the bitcoin big dump from the last ATH, but there is always room for improvement and I am sure they are also not folding their arms, but will surely be trying their best too to keep up to expectation.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
I'm thinking to buy some coins, but I need to confess that I'm not so sure yet
Maybe we are all thinking in a pump and nothing happens, or even everyone will try to sell before halving...I don't know  Huh
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
Of course it will help the price. It already did and it will.

But still, there is a lot of time for it to happen and speculators will affect the price a lot. So if you are not a holder don't be greedy and set a target.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
I have a bag of LTC. I am thinking about selling BEFORE the halvening. My target is like $220.
I plan to dump to BTC. Because ultimately I want more bitcoin, and altcoins are just a way of getting there.

When would you sell LTC with regard to the August halvening?
What use price seems reasonable? I’m thinking $200 range if achieved.  
I am usually quite confused about this halving sometimes, despite the little knowledge I have about its reward, some people believed this is the time price of such coin goes up, but from your point, seems you believe the price will go down, if not, why would you be selling before halving when you are supposed continue holding till after halving when the price will skyrocket.

Well, I am not an holdler of LTC so it would not really be a bad idea to me if you sell your LTC to bitcoin because whatever action you take as regards bitcoin investment will definitely ay you more than any action you take in LTC.

You are correct.  The price will probably pump just before the halving based on FOMO, then dump right after -- HOWEVER -- with the supply cut, it's only a matter of time before the price skyrockets again to reflect the new reality of less supply.  So I think HODLING for 7 - 8 months after the LTC Halving is the smart play then converting to BTC once the LTC/BTC ratio has improved. 

Check out this article here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/LitecoinMarkets/comments/ba5qfq/interesting_article_looking_at_btc_halving_price/

It's BTC oriented but definitely applies to LTC.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
I have a bag of LTC. I am thinking about selling BEFORE the halvening. My target is like $220.
I plan to dump to BTC. Because ultimately I want more bitcoin, and altcoins are just a way of getting there.

I am usually quite confused about this halving sometimes, despite the little knowledge I have about its reward, some people believed this is the time price of such coin goes up, but from your point, seems you believe the price will go down, if not, why would you be selling before halving when you are supposed continue holding till after halving when the price will skyrocket.

Well, I am not an holdler of LTC so it would not really be a bad idea to me if you sell your LTC to bitcoin because whatever action you take as regards bitcoin investment will definitely ay you more than any action you take in LTC.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
BTC $1 mln.
i think litecoin is not relevent anymore as an investment especially after the emergence of alternative to it such bitcoin cash and bitcoin cash satochi vision as a play ground for future bitcoin protocol improvement
I don't think so, Litecoin supporters are still there and if you are observing how the project performed this year, it gives a high appraisal and profits to those who bought and hold it after being dumped down to its bottom, known alts will still move forward as bitcoin still getting more investors both new and old ones which can also be reflected to LTC value. LTC halving will lift the value of this coin to pumped up, OP's target is really achievable just hold and wait.
I have been observing this coin for months and I was not surprised that it slowly (I mean not as dramatic as BTC) when the current bullish movement started. I think this has the potential for more upward growth especially near and after the halving. As I already included Litecoin in my small crypto portfolio, I am also looking for regular updates and developments of this cryptocurrency...
This is true, Litecoin has a potential for growth and its price will rise, especially immediately before the reduction of payments to miners by half. I also included it in my investment portfolio and expect a profit of no less than similar projects can bring.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
i think litecoin is not relevent anymore as an investment especially after the emergence of alternative to it such bitcoin cash and bitcoin cash satochi vision as a play ground for future bitcoin protocol improvement
I don't think so, Litecoin supporters are still there and if you are observing how the project performed this year, it gives a high appraisal and profits to those who bought and hold it after being dumped down to its bottom, known alts will still move forward as bitcoin still getting more investors both new and old ones which can also be reflected to LTC value. LTC halving will lift the value of this coin to pumped up, OP's target is really achievable just hold and wait.

I have been observing this coin for months and I was not surprised that it slowly (I mean not as dramatic as BTC) when the current bullish movement started. I think this has the potential for more upward growth especially near and after the halving. As I already included Litecoin in my small crypto portfolio, I am also looking for regular updates and developments of this cryptocurrency...
Activity: 770
Merit: 101

Selling LTC before halving happened really was a good strategy. Because after halving happens, investors will no longer be eager to hold more LTCs, they will sell and find a better altcoins to buy and make more money.
Please sell it at 170 - 180 $. that is a safe margin.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
I don't think so, Litecoin supporters are still there and if you are observing how the project performed this year, it gives a high appraisal and profits to those who bought and hold it after being dumped down to its bottom, known alts will still move forward as bitcoin still getting more investors both new
and old ones which can also be reflected to LTC value.

LTC halving will lift the value of this coin to pumped up, OP's target is really achievable just hold and wait.
Activity: 770
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
Litecoin is going to the moon.  The same deflation principles baked into BTC are baked into LTC.  LTC is one deflation cycle behind BTC (one Halving behind BTC).  So it’s VERY likely the LTC ratio (to BTC) will increase once LTC Halving occurs.  Both LTC and BTC will be at the same rate of deflation for 1 year meaning LTC ratio to BTC will likely go way up.

That will give a one year window to convert to BTC for the BTC Halving in 2020.
It is definitely a very good thought. surely LTC will get a strong pump in the days near the halving event and I think this is an opportunity for us to buy as much LTC as possible, especially for bitcoin lovers.
The growth of LTC will certainly be higher than that of BTC and then, the whole market will be directed to LTC and its price will certainly be better than BTC. Buy lots of LTC, you can exchange for more BTC when its percentage of growth is higher than BTC.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
Litecoin is going to the moon.  The same deflation principles baked into BTC are baked into LTC.  LTC is one deflation cycle behind BTC (one Halving behind BTC).  So it’s VERY likely the LTC ratio (to BTC) will increase once LTC Halving occurs.  Both LTC and BTC will be at the same rate of deflation for 1 year meaning LTC ratio to BTC will likely go way up.

That will give a one year window to convert to BTC for the BTC Halving in 2020.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 215
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Are you crazy would you want bitcoin dumo again, I think is too much impossible bitcoin is now very strong and stable.

For the litecoin its possible to reach the number of amount you want to reach as your margin selling but if want bitcoin die your expectation for litecoin is useless if bitcoin dump possible the whole market goes again into worse.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Doesn't the halving increase the price? Less Litecoins being made. But you're saying it's going to have the opposite effect.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

$200 is very possible for litecoin in this halving even, because the green market look stable right now
so, if the market continues rising, for sure litecoin halving even will bring more demands to litecoin and the demands will push the price up  Wink
yes I agree with you if the full bull run will continue most likely the price of litcoin will up like you said we are currently only speculating so we look ahead, hopefully our hopes can be achieved regarding the price of litcoin
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network

$200 is very possible for litecoin in this halving even, because the green market look stable right now
so, if the market continues rising, for sure litecoin halving even will bring more demands to litecoin and the demands will push the price up  Wink
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
Litecoin price not only depends on the halvening but also depends on the state of the bitcoin market, if the bitcoin can exceed the price of 11k and the possibility of up to 20k will be easier and litecoin may exceed $ 250 ..
It is but it has pumped on its own for the past 2 quarters. By January 1, 2019 price was $30 and it was the probable bottom for it. And today, it has rose by almost 400% since the beginning of this year.

Litecoin's halving has its impact already and the price of bitcoin to $11k will also bring significant positive impact for it. But your assumption is too low for bitcoin to reach $20k, Litecoin's price will just only be $250? I don't think that it will that kind of low.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
Your price target of LTC IMO might not reach before the halving in August, but if there's something would happen during that month then i would say it's beyond miracle to explain since everything in cryptocurrency is unexpected. And yes your target to buy more Bitcoin is great but LTC is a great altcoin too, don't just settle for a single coin, invest in everything that you think will give you a profit in the future.
Activity: 255
Merit: 100
whether it can happen or not. we know that not all bitcoin growth in the market is making altcoin grow. sometimes there is a negative effect of the growth of bitcoin which causes the altcoin price to go down. not pessimistic, but I also hope there will be a high market increase.
Pages:
Jump to: