Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 141. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
August 21, 2014, 01:34:40 PM
Removing some of their offers isn't called dead. And it has not even reached $1 value, it has some time left Smiley
August 21, 2014, 12:06:21 PM
You forget the most important.

Cryptoccurrencies are not made for geeks and kids, it's made for traders and investors.

No. They are made for everybody.

I agree, but no investor, no money, no people.
Activity: 96
August 21, 2014, 11:14:31 AM
Funny, how you used the word officially. Its dropping indeed but they are having hard time to keep it alive. Its not dead yet. Luckily I sold many of my LTC already.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
August 21, 2014, 11:12:56 AM

Cryptoccurrencies are not made for geeks and kids, it's made for traders and investors.

No. They are made for everybody.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 21, 2014, 10:23:35 AM

If that´s all that LTC wants to accomplish, beeing traded by greedy idiots and beeing mined by asic farms, well, good job so far.
Cryptocurrencis are made for geeks, kids and EVERYONE else.

I hope not everyone in LTC is so fucking narrow minded but it seems so at least...

August 21, 2014, 10:10:27 AM
look at all other coins, they lost 95% in value! Litecoin is strong compared to these. Litecoin will always be number 2 and the silver of the cryptoworld  Smiley
Litecoin is abject trash. It does nothing that Bitcoin can't do, so your silver analogy doesn't make any sense. Litecoin will stagnate and then die, being replaced with whichever anonymous coin comes out ahead of the others.

LTC is a good coin for traders and investors, It's supported by major exchanges: btc-e, btcchina, huobi, okcoin... on strong volumes, it will go up like BTC did.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
August 21, 2014, 09:10:00 AM
litecoin will soon reach $6 more alive than ever Wink

Good call.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
August 21, 2014, 08:33:01 AM
the price of litecoin was simple too high
FNG
Activity: 588
August 21, 2014, 08:19:23 AM
Doesn't look dead

Grin
Activity: 453
hello world
August 21, 2014, 06:18:46 AM
The problem is, Litecoin has been on a downtrend since November, it lost more than 1000% of it's ATH value.

i am not really good at math, but how to lose more than 100% ?
August 21, 2014, 06:24:06 AM
The problem is, Litecoin has been on a downtrend since November, it lost more than 1000% of it's ATH value.

i am not really good at math, but how to lose more than 100% ?

Taking a value, and then working out how much more of a percentage increase its gained since then, is what it can also potentially lose. So a coin can get 1000% value if its price has increased 10-fold from that point.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
August 21, 2014, 06:02:14 AM
look at all other coins, they lost 95% in value! Litecoin is strong compared to these. Litecoin will always be number 2 and the silver of the cryptoworld  Smiley

Back up your claims with proof at least.

Its non sense what you have written:

LTC     -22.64   
DRK     -39.03
XMR    -22.90
BC       -22.73   
CLOAK  -72.50
NMC    -15.73
PPC      -27.68
DOGE   -34.14   
NXT      -18.89   
VIA       -48.83

those are the 30 days changes, source bitcoinwisdom.

yes, after this dump prices will slowly come to life.

I mean it will go to usual price.

BTC could be around 1000$ and the rest will follow ass usual off course.

Prime on this will be LTC like all ways.
Activity: 770
August 20, 2014, 06:45:35 PM
Litecoin will always be number 2 and the silver of the cryptoworld  Smiley

I suppose if people keep saying it often enough, it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  When new users join the crypto community, "LTC=Silver" is the message they invariably get exposed to early on.  Whether or not that notion continues to be perpetuated is another matter, though.  Personally, I think Litecoin has some serious work to do to hold on to its 'silver' mantle.  If too many people start to lose interest, there won't be enough willing volunteers to say the line and spread the analogy.  Without that phrase being repeatedly drummed into people's thoughts, I honestly don't think Litecoin is there on any technical merit.  The only thing keeping it afloat is the trading volume.  If that ever dries up, it's probably over.

The real reason is, many of the "older" members here have been burned by buying into scamcoins like visacoin, asiacoin, stackcoin etc. Because of that, they have decided to stick with "safe altcoins" like LTC. Yes, most of the Litecoin supporters are Shitty as hell with daytrading altcoins.

Bitcoin has recovered, Litecoin has not. Why you may ask? Because Litecoin is simply a Bitcoin clone, it offers Nothing by itself, thus making Litecoin useless to buy/have.

It's sad to see Some of the older members in support of Litecoin, especially since the price dropped 1000% and Has Not recovered at all. That should show that whales are dumping out of Litecoin, and by them continuing to hold Litecoin, they'll continue to see their Litecoin holdings drop in price as it's been doing for the last 8 months.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
August 20, 2014, 06:41:48 PM
Litecoin will always be number 2 and the silver of the cryptoworld  Smiley

I suppose if people keep saying it often enough, it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  When new users join the crypto community, "LTC=Silver" is the message they invariably get exposed to early on.  Whether or not that notion continues to be perpetuated is another matter, though.  Personally, I think Litecoin has some serious work to do to hold on to its 'silver' mantle.  If too many people start to lose interest, there won't be enough willing volunteers to say the line and spread the analogy.  Without that phrase being repeatedly drummed into people's thoughts, I honestly don't think Litecoin is there on any technical merit.  The only thing keeping it afloat is the trading volume.  If that ever dries up, it's probably over.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2014, 06:05:21 PM
In the past, I haven't been too big of a supporter of alt coins. The only coin that I really paid attention to was litecoin and maybe namecoin.. Well, I was just about to buy a few below 4 bucks when I got side tracked, but still, even at above 5 buckks, its still a good deal. I have a feeling that coinbase is going to include them. When that happens, watch out. I think we could see  20x increase. Still will have its ups and downs, but I think im bullish on litecoin, never thought I would say that..

So as soon as I buy some, let it go to the moon, lol...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 20, 2014, 05:45:21 PM
Litecoin is abject trash. It does nothing that Bitcoin can't do, so your silver analogy doesn't make any sense. Litecoin will stagnate and then die, being replaced with whichever anonymous coin comes out ahead of the others.
They compare it to silver because the holders want it to be just that. If you look at everything, the only thing that LTC has is that is the first (oldest altcoin alive?) altcoin that gained some acceptance. It has started to recover so we will see what happens.
LTC     -22.64   
DRK     -39.03
XMR    -22.90
BC       -22.73   
CLOAK  -72.50
NMC    -15.73
PPC      -27.68
DOGE   -34.14   
NXT      -18.89   
VIA       -48.83

Obviously, he is the 'LiteCoinGuy'. The coins have started to recover now, so we will see which one will take which place.
Activity: 826
August 20, 2014, 11:28:45 AM
August 20, 2014, 11:25:16 AM

LTC     -22.64   
DRK     -39.03
XMR    -22.90
BC       -22.73   
CLOAK  -72.50
NMC    -15.73
PPC      -27.68
DOGE   -34.14   
NXT      -18.89   
VIA       -48.83

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
August 20, 2014, 11:17:09 AM
FNG
Activity: 588
August 20, 2014, 10:55:15 AM
litecoin will soon reach $6 more alive than ever Wink
$8 by Monday
Jump to: