Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 138. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
August 30, 2014, 11:25:04 AM
Same..  I might drop some Fiat on LTC actually..  FTC also attracts me.
Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.

And FTC is only going to get lower, along with it's bitcoin-clone brother, LTC.

maybe not new coin is announced litecoindark same people are involved in this maybe they will use this to boost up ltc or drop it completely.
i near future we will see what will happen so dont drop out just yet ltc.

I wouldn't count on that, "boost up ltc"
Activity: 672
August 29, 2014, 05:28:36 AM
Agreed.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
August 29, 2014, 02:51:37 AM
Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.

FTC are changing from scrypt to something else. A year or two ago this would of been a big thing. Nowadays this just doesn't cut the ice.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
August 29, 2014, 01:24:34 AM
Same..  I might drop some Fiat on LTC actually..  FTC also attracts me.
Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.

maybe not new coin is announced litecoindark same people are involved in this maybe they will use this to boost up ltc or drop it completely.
i near future we will see what will happen so dont drop out just yet ltc.
August 28, 2014, 11:55:38 PM
Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
August 28, 2014, 06:36:07 PM
August 28, 2014, 05:50:59 PM
Hm, I am seriously thinking to move all my BTC to LTC these days. It just smells the bottom. We tested lows twice and bounced very aggressively.

OKCoin LTC weekly volume is highest ever on any exchange, it's bigger than on btc-e during launch of last huge bubble. Much bigger. And it's 5-8 times bigger than OKCoin LTC volume during that phase.

BTCe volume is not as big though but BTC-e had much bigger share of LTC market back then.

I'm tempted, very tempted.

So you guys would buy into dying/dead coins like Feathercoin and Litecoin, that have absolutely Nothing going for it since they are both 100% Bitcoin clones and are going down in price everyday because of lack of buyers....?

Yea makes sense  Roll Eyes Now I know why 99% of people involved with crypto trading lose all their money. Geniuses.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 28, 2014, 01:17:40 PM
Litecoin IS officially dead and the BitsharesX is rapidly catching up to it. BitsharesX is the most innovative cryptocurrency to date that is why it has risen so much over the last few days.

Oh yeah?  What reputible exchange offers that coin?   Exactly

How old is btsx? Exactly

So then there is no need to speculate at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
August 28, 2014, 10:41:49 AM
Hm, I am seriously thinking to move all my BTC to LTC these days. It just smells the bottom. We tested lows twice and bounced very aggressively.

OKCoin LTC weekly volume is highest ever on any exchange, it's bigger than on btc-e during launch of last huge bubble. Much bigger. And it's 5-8 times bigger than OKCoin LTC volume during that phase.

BTCe volume is not as big though but BTC-e had much bigger share of LTC market back then.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 28, 2014, 06:44:02 AM

Smart people buy when the price is low.

Welcome to contrary investing: "Buy the gloom, sell the excitement."

Only risk is holdin' a bag...
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
August 28, 2014, 02:29:15 AM
Litecoin IS officially dead and the BitsharesX is rapidly catching up to it. BitsharesX is the most innovative cryptocurrency to date that is why it has risen so much over the last few days.

How old is btsx? Exactly
August 28, 2014, 02:07:20 AM

Smart people buy when the price is low.
Activity: 840
August 28, 2014, 12:57:15 AM
Darkcoin and Prime-XI are still new, those are the better X11 out there
August 28, 2014, 12:39:43 AM

August 28, 2014, 12:31:44 AM
DRK and XMR are next stop for GPU miners

Dont think there is much drk adoption?  Cryptsy has it but not btc-e..  What is the coin worth in usd right now?
Activity: 840
August 28, 2014, 12:26:20 AM
The way everyone has been talking about ltc that its dead  its not dead you just want to say it. If you personally gave up on it just leave you don't have to type its dead. If you decide to leave this ancient coin look at a few x11 coins that are entering the market with active devs and a long term motive behind it. Cause if you think about it ltc has not been on the planet that long and its not showing a long term solution to help all of us stick with it.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
August 28, 2014, 12:14:42 AM
I dont know if btsx is a ponzy by definition in that it needs to keep rising or it blows up but I do know that it is innovative and devs deserve full credits for the hard work they put in.. I also know that LTC is accepted by many retailers alongside bitcoin so its not going anywhere... my point is... just buy the top 4 or 5 coins and wait a few years... you will do just fine!

BTSX is no ponzi or scam etc...  Take a look around their forums, wiki pages, and download the client itself.  The team of devs have put their names out there and are not hiding behind forum handles.  They have been doing a lot of online interviews etc...

Start here to read the background on DPOS algorithm:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS

Continue here to read about the security and simplicity of sending to names instead of addresses:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN

Listen to this episode from a few weeks back:
Let's talk Bitcoin! episode 129.  Starts around 12 minute mark with the lead dev Dan.  Great listen.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake

Which leads to the asset exchange:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X

Finally finish up with this to really get you thinking about where bitcoin ideology will go:
http://bitshares.org/overstock-to-cryptostock/

With all the above were just scratching the surface of possibilities.

Theres a thread around where a few ppl claimed with logic that it had to be a ponzi, in that it has to keep rising in price to be sustainable.. but although I think Bytemaster refuted some of the logic I didnt read the entire thread but dont think he refuted some of it...

Dont get me wrong I think its a great project, not a scam at all! Just if you read my post I meant what I said.. ponzi which may be ok at this time.. maybe you can consider btc to be  a ponzi too if price is correalted with success of theproject in many ipeoples minds.. then it must rise to succeed, but I think there is some logic there that seperates btsx..

read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=298677.120

But I do believe its up up up from here.

LTC? not going anywhere it has the network affect behind it.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
August 27, 2014, 10:14:44 AM
I dont know if btsx is a ponzy by definition in that it needs to keep rising or it blows up but I do know that it is innovative and devs deserve full credits for the hard work they put in.. I also know that LTC is accepted by many retailers alongside bitcoin so its not going anywhere... my point is... just buy the top 4 or 5 coins and wait a few years... you will do just fine!

BTSX is no ponzi or scam etc...  Take a look around their forums, wiki pages, and download the client itself.  The team of devs have put their names out there and are not hiding behind forum handles.  They have been doing a lot of online interviews etc...

Start here to read the background on DPOS algorithm:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS

Continue here to read about the security and simplicity of sending to names instead of addresses:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN

Listen to this episode from a few weeks back:
Let's talk Bitcoin! episode 129.  Starts around 12 minute mark with the lead dev Dan.  Great listen.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake

Which leads to the asset exchange:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X

Finally finish up with this to really get you thinking about where bitcoin ideology will go:
http://bitshares.org/overstock-to-cryptostock/

With all the above were just scratching the surface of possibilities.

This was a great follow up to the "Don't walk - run" article. 
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 27, 2014, 09:59:07 AM
LTC is alive and kicking. if u think ur LTC is dead or just like my posts..
drop me an LTC: LfAurHeUMMDkJHmhdYdyPN5z7DYYekykuK

I have to agree with kingcrown, if u all think that ltc is finished drop bunch of coins here LRscptRrSr7ydDCPhvAmVNNesT6BTxRg9T
By dead they mean the support for the coin and the Dev is dead not the coin itself. The coin is still trading over exchanges and it's alive. So good luck if you gonna get a fraction of it and lemme know also so that I'll post my address too. Wink
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
August 26, 2014, 10:56:40 PM
Litecoin seems to be alive. at least for now. There is still a potential to go back to $10 level al least, IMO.
Jump to: