Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin Mining Rigs RIGHT HERE! CryptoCoinMiners.com - UPDATES ON 1st POST! - page 3. (Read 20158 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Same thing happened (and is kinda still happening) on my post. People seem to be able to build 2x7950 or 2x7970 systems for less than the cost of the GPUs themselves, I don't quite understand how they get those numbers.

I've priced it out before, but here's my estimates for my line (likely similar to Crypto's)::
Motherboard: $80-90
RAM: $30
PSU: $110
CPU: $40-50
Graphics Card: $740 (I do 2x7950 builds)
Case: $90 (doesn't apply to Crypto)

Not sure how people do such cheap builds, but I would certainly love to see their parts list, I could really slash prices on my miners Smiley

I think they may be considering just the cost of the GPUs, perhaps they have some spare Wattage and PCI-E 16x sized slots. Not sure.

AMEN!

I use the 970 extreme 4 MOBO so thats $100
And my power supplies in the TNT models are 1250w Seagates, so they run around $230.
2 of my models actually do come in a case, but most people opt to have them open air anyway.

Yeah, I thought of going case-less as well, however I wasn't sure how shipping would work. I chose cases with good ventilation and a side panel that can be removed, so non-reference-design cards can ventilate from at least two directions very well. 1250W Seagates, talk about longevity.

Milk Crates with a mounting bar over top, keeps them nice and cool, and allows plenty of space.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Same thing happened (and is kinda still happening) on my post. People seem to be able to build 2x7950 or 2x7970 systems for less than the cost of the GPUs themselves, I don't quite understand how they get those numbers.

I've priced it out before, but here's my estimates for my line (likely similar to Crypto's)::

Not sure how people do such cheap builds, but I would certainly love to see their parts list, I could really slash prices on my miners Smiley

I think they may be considering just the cost of the GPUs, perhaps they have some spare Wattage and PCI-E 16x sized slots. Not sure.

AMEN!

And my power supplies in the TNT models are 1250w Seagates, so they run around $230.
2 of my models actually do come in a case, but most people opt to have them open air anyway.

Yeah, I thought of going case-less as well, however I wasn't sure how shipping would work. I chose cases with good ventilation and a side panel that can be removed, so non-reference-design cards can ventilate from at least two directions very well. 1250W Seagates, talk about longevity.

AMEN!

legendary

cost maybe $600 to $700 DIY, but his price is $1,599?

You couldn't even buy the 2 GPU's in that model for $700. We use Sapphire 7970's @ $419 each.

The cost for that unit is $1217 (seen here http://prntscr.com/1280nv ), factor in my shipping and packaging costs, and my time, and then think about what's left.

I can't stress this point enough... WE DO NOT USE CHEAP PARTS. And all of our models are able to be expanded to 4 GPU's if you swap out the power supply.

My markup is slim, and I appreciate everyone's support who has given it, and I especially appreciate all the orders! I'll be adding some pics of the builds today.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
FFS people, leave the guy alone. He's providing a goddamn service and you're all jumping down his throat like he OWES you something.

He's running a business, and YOU ALL KNOW how hard it can be to get miners up and running. If we want Litecoin to be adopted, we need to foster independant shops like his because we sure as hell aren't going to do it ourselves.

Seriously, some times the trolls here really get to me.  Angry
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Hardhat Required in This Area
50% markup is actually pretty average for standard retail pricing after manufacturing.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
cost maybe $600 to $700 DIY, but his price is $1,599?
Just talked with this guy earlier today after placing my order. The personal call was a very nice touch. Talked shop and even discussed personal cryptocurrency opinions a bit. I learned that I placed the first BTC purchase order, which I'm super proud of. I've had a great experience with this company so far. Will post pictures once I get my machine.

Cheers,
Kleeck

It was a good talk, I love talking about crypto stuff. Thanks for the kind words!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
https://karatcoin.co
Just talked with this guy earlier today after placing my order. The personal call was a very nice touch. Talked shop and even discussed personal cryptocurrency opinions a bit. I learned that I placed the first BTC purchase order, which I'm super proud of. I've had a great experience with this company so far. Will post pictures once I get my machine.

Cheers,
Kleeck
Free shipping on all orders today! Use coupon - april25ship .

Enjoy!

Might want to be a bit careful with free shipping, maybe limit to US only or something. Shipping across the ocean can be many hundreds of dollars Sad

We currently only sell to the US, so we're good to go!
legendary

Enjoy!

Might want to be a bit careful with free shipping, maybe limit to US only or something. Shipping across the ocean can be many hundreds of dollars Sad

Enjoy!

Bumpity Bump.

Enjoy!

3. If there is no case, what do you use to hold it all together?
Unicorns Blood right?

These units are just made from normal PC parts, they're not ASIC's or FPGA's so they're pretty easy to build and ship. I'll have customers post some pics of their rigs when they get them in a few days.
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

3. If there is no case, what do you use to hold it all together?
Unicorns Blood right?

It's cool to see other people starting this industry up as well Smiley You may want to ask customers to post pics once they receive their units, that's what I am intending to do.

Cheers!

Now there's a good idea! I have some units that will be delivered early next week, I'll have them post pics.

Also, I take the time to call and thank each person for their order, gives it a bit more of a personal touch, as I like building relationships way more than making tons of cash, which is my the rigs are only slightly over cost of parts.

I'm probably not gonna call people, but I like giving personal touches to businesses, it makes them more fun to run. I'm doing the same, I sell the units a bit above part cost, with a subsidy from my testing/burn-in period. As well, if you know some kind of language like Java or the C-family, you may want to look into making your own setup interface, that's what I'm doing so that it is as easy as possible for a person to sit down and start mining.

Yeah, our rigs are designed to be basically plug and play, just add your worker and GO!
legendary
It's cool to see other people starting this industry up as well Smiley You may want to ask customers to post pics once they receive their units, that's what I am intending to do.

Cheers!

Now there's a good idea! I have some units that will be delivered early next week, I'll have them post pics.

Also, I take the time to call and thank each person for their order, gives it a bit more of a personal touch, as I like building relationships way more than making tons of cash, which is my the rigs are only slightly over cost of parts.

I'm probably not gonna call people, but I like giving personal touches to businesses, it makes them more fun to run. I'm doing the same, I sell the units a bit above part cost, with a subsidy from my testing/burn-in period. As well, if you know some kind of language like Java or the C-family, you may want to look into making your own setup interface, that's what I'm doing so that it is as easy as possible for a person to sit down and start mining.

Cheers!

Pages:
Jump to: