Pages:
Author

Topic: Little help with an abusive member: Vod - Self Proclaimed forum admin - page 2. (Read 3049 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
i got caught up in this vigilante scammer hunter thing too. i understand the reason for it and it probably does more good than harm but it still sucks when your an honest guy and you get the finger pointed at you when you have done nothing wrong. goat did it to me he left me bad trust calling me a scammer and started a thread in scam accusation cause i was a new guy who would not ship first for for him when he asked. i got pissed and did the same thing to him i left him trust calling him a scammer. when i got over it i tried to be reasonable and call truce with him but he wouldn't have it. he was too proud. i'm pretty trusted here now and my only bad trust is from him so it's pretty obvious he was wrong to call me a scammer. when you guys throw out the scammer nets sometimes you will reel in a honest joe who is just trying to sell his shit.

not defending this guy, just speaking from my own experience.

Completely true and have seen this first hand. Unfortunately, the number of scam attempts on this forum are so overwhelming it leaves scammer hunters a bit jaded
legendary
Activity: 1120
1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b
i got caught up in this vigilante scammer hunter thing too. i understand the reason for it and it probably does more good than harm but it still sucks when your an honest guy and you get the finger pointed at you when you have done nothing wrong. goat did it to me he left me bad trust calling me a scammer and started a thread in scam accusation cause i was a new guy who would not ship first for for him when he asked. i got pissed and did the same thing to him i left him trust calling him a scammer. when i got over it i tried to be reasonable and call truce with him but he wouldn't have it. he was too proud. i'm pretty trusted here now and my only bad trust is from him so it's pretty obvious he was wrong to call me a scammer. when you guys throw out the scammer nets sometimes you will reel in a honest joe who is just trying to sell his shit.

not defending this guy, just speaking from my own experience.
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
Vod: Shoot first, ask questions later.

He is simply putting the burden of proof on a potential scammer.

The right course of action would have been:
1) Open a new not self moderated thread
2) Close the self moderated thread
3) PM Vod saying you see the issue, you took action and kindly ask him to review his feedback.

Potentially you could have added a disclaimer to your post, just like bankers do on their risky products.

The way you act I wouldn't entrust you with any investment. Vod didn't "ruin" your account. You did it yourself.

Disclaimer: I like Vod. He filters out scammers, hotheads, asshats etc. early.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I think that vod can be a little excessive in his negative trusting members of this forum. With that being said what he does is a valuable service to newbies on this forum as without him a lot of them would likely get scammed by the people he is negative trusting.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
legendary
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Dude I can buy YOU and the last 10 Generations of your inbred family TEN TIMES OVER.

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Vod
legendary
This can be the official thread for scammers to come and attack me!   Grin

I'm proud of the fact scammers hate me so much.  Shows I am making a difference.
Vod
legendary
He still is unwilling to respond on his allegations even after I had neutral parties attempt to ask him about it.

What does that say to you? The man destroys an account, won't explain why to anyone.

Pretty sure that means he's:

a) Lying about it
b) Realizes he'd sound like a fool trying to explain it
c) Does not want to admit wrong-doing

Pretty crappy of him and he won't fix it.

It says to me that:

a) You seem to have a knack making up imaginary situations, like me having alt profiles.
b) I was working and this is my first time on the forum today.
c) No person has asked me about anything regarding you - NAME THE "NEUTRAL" PARTIES THAT "ATTEMPTED" TO ASK ME, LIAR?  Roll Eyes

Listen bozo, I'll make this very clear to you.  When a person starts to threaten me in PM and post lies about me on the forum, I end all dealings with that person.  Life is too short to deal with dishonest people.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Vod is a liar
He still is unwilling to respond on his allegations even after I had neutral parties attempt to ask him about it.

What does that say to you? The man destroys an account, won't explain why to anyone.

Pretty sure that means he's:

a) Lying about it
b) Realizes he'd sound like a fool trying to explain it
c) Does not want to admit wrong-doing

Pretty crappy of him and he won't fix it.
Vod is a liar
This situation is a text example of conflict of data. Vod thinks op is scammer op says he is not. No one has sufficient information to prove other side wrong. We can't solve it on its current level.

I think I have plenty of information to show that I'm right. Vod is accusing me of deleting questions from my thread to avoid answering them as the basis for his negative feedback. I simply responded with what question have a deleted or avoided answering in any way.

Vod  responded with "...". Oh ya, wait, this is what Vod will not respond to. If anyone has avoided answering questions, it's Vod.

The guy has ruined my account and lied about his reasoning for doing it. I opened this thread, which is not moderated to hash out his justification for doing that. I asked the most simple question of all: Can you provide one example of me doing what you're claiming for the basis of your scam accusation?

So far, he has not done so. The reason he has not done so, is because I have not done it, period. He did make replies after asking him this question but completely avoided answering that or touching on it in any way. When sending him a PM about it, he blocked me.

To me that clearly demonstrates that this guy is abusive, untrustworthy and on an ego trip.

Why in the hell would you people endorse a guy like that? If he's doing it to me, you can be sure I'm not his first innocent victim. I am however, not one to take something like this sitting down and I won't just sit idle and let him get away with it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
This situation is a text example of conflict of data. Vod thinks op is scammer op says he is not. No one has sufficient information to prove other side wrong. We can't solve it on its current level.
Activity: 42
I'm curious too why Vod is not responding to Evershawn's question as to what exactly he deleted to earn a negative trust from him. I've read though both of the threads here and I see nothing in response to that or any evidence that it took place. I would think if this guy Vod is doing all of this to the guy for that reason, it would be the first thing he is willing to respond to...

Gonna have to go with Evershawn here if I was just going off of what I see posted in both threads. My advice to Evershawn would be to tone it down a little though. The more anger you display, the more he technically wins.

Seems to me like both parties in this case should resolve this via PM and take it off of the forum. Probably more of a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion.

Vod probably has had enough of the attention from all the members he has given negative trust hes given so many and if he made a big deal out of all of them then he wouldn't be doing his job over at the lending section. Vod is trustworthy in my eyes and has been a great help to avoid scams along with is partner in scam removal tomatocage.

I'm all about that, and think it's great that anyone would devote time to making this a safer place to trade. At the same time when I read through this case I do not see any scam that has taken place or attempted to take place so it appears that some of that momentum has been misguided. I'd probably be angry too if I was a full member that had positive trading history and got his account ruined like that for nothing.

Not saying that acting out is a good way to resolve the dispute, just saying that just because one guy like Vod does good doesn't make it ok go do bad as well. My opinion here is that these guys should talk about this like adults and resolve it. It seems like Vod did this to Evershawn more in anger than because he's actually done any sort of scam activity to deserve it.

Just my 2satoshi on it.
legendary
vod is the forum's new el cabron   Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Currently held as collateral by monbux
I'm curious too why Vod is not responding to Evershawn's question as to what exactly he deleted to earn a negative trust from him. I've read though both of the threads here and I see nothing in response to that or any evidence that it took place. I would think if this guy Vod is doing all of this to the guy for that reason, it would be the first thing he is willing to respond to...

Gonna have to go with Evershawn here if I was just going off of what I see posted in both threads. My advice to Evershawn would be to tone it down a little though. The more anger you display, the more he technically wins.

Seems to me like both parties in this case should resolve this via PM and take it off of the forum. Probably more of a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion.

Vod probably has had enough of the attention from all the members he has given negative trust hes given so many and if he made a big deal out of all of them then he wouldn't be doing his job over at the lending section. Vod is trustworthy in my eyes and has been a great help to avoid scams along with is partner in scam removal tomatocage.
Activity: 42

Vod is a liar
I've said it many times - I only have the one account.    Smiley

It doesn't appear that way, I'm not the only one saying it.

Yes you are, liar.   Roll Eyes  

I'm not sure why you are trying to convince others I have alts but I assume it's for your future scam attempts.  Stop with the PM threats.

If anyone receives a PM from another user claiming to be my alt, consider them to be scamming and do enter into any deal.  I have no alts.

The whole basis of his negative trust rating was that I was deleting questions from my thread to avoid answering them (go see his negative trust rating on me, it states specifically "Running scam asking for 700btc and deleting any questions asked (moderation)". Yet I have never deleted a single question). I have asked him for an example of this several times because it was baffling me why he would have done this in the first place since I knew I had never done what he was claiming. When sending him a PM asking him to explain it, he blocked me.

He is still yet to explain what question I deleted and what it is that I was avoiding which is the basis for his original negative trust rating that started all of this. The reason he's not explaining it is because there never was anything and it's just something he made up.

Do you guys really want a guy like that acting as the self proclaimed sheriff, making up lies about the people he is persecuting? It's great if he has helped some people avoid being scammed but what I am pointing out here is that he's also attacking people that have never tried scamming anyone and he's also lying and has no integrity. That seems like a person to me that you DO NOT want acting in that capacity. Please, please feel free to have a look for yourself. I haven't deleted any of his BS from my thread. Everything he's said about me so far is 100% false and he's unwilling to give any explanation in this thread or that one.

If anyone receives a PM from another user claiming to be my alt, consider them to be scamming and do enter into any deal.  I have no alts.

Not sure why he'd bother posting this either. This guy has never done a single 'deal' on this forum to gain any feedback (unlike me and others he's giving negative ratings to). He's not gained even 1 trust rating by taking any risk or doing any trades here. All of his feedback is just blindly been given to him by users thinking or assuming he's some 'good guy' doing proactive scam prevention work here on the forum. Let me tell you, that is not all he does. He also uses this trust he's been given very abusively and unfairly on others, ruining their accounts without good reason.
Vod
legendary
I've said it many times - I only have the one account.    Smiley

It doesn't appear that way, I'm not the only one saying it.

Yes you are, liar.   Roll Eyes  

I'm not sure why you are trying to convince others I have alts but I assume it's for your future scam attempts.  Stop with the PM threats.

If anyone receives a PM from another user claiming to be my alt, consider them to be scamming and do not enter into any deal.  I have no alts.

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
evershawn, given the trust that Vod has garnered (I'm not referring to the trust system here) I doubt you'll find too many sympathizers here.  I would suggest advertising your plan somewhere else.  If you don't feel bitcointalk is welcoming you are free to post elsewhere as this site is not the only game in town.  Vod is fulfilling his role as community vigilante and to be honest he had helped thousands of people from getting scammed - at least that is my opinion.
Activity: 430
Agent of Chaos
It occurs to me that this thread will not help. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: