Pages:
Author

Topic: lolMiner-144 0.38 Preview, Equihash 144.5 for AMD & Nvidia, Linux & Windows - page 8. (Read 9473 times)

Activity: 571
Merit: 18
How significant is it to use the 17.40 block chain drivers, or does that only pertain to a certain core or Windows OS? like 10 or W7 the same results...

Well the thing is that AMD's intermediate language is hard to generate at the moment, so these kernels are pure binary kernels produced with certain drivers. Usually the kernels also work with other driver versions for that they were build for, but that can not be guarantied. 17.40 blockchain driver is mentioned pretty often here because that was the one I build and tested the kernel files with Smiley Other drivers may also work, but as said without any warranty.
but as said without any warranty.
lol  Grin

I gotcha, I may go ahead and try the 17.40 just for shits and giggles and see if that does make a difference. I know its very early in development yet.

Best luck i have had is with 3 x 290x, only it will connect to pool then receive work and then it sits and the CPU spikes up to 100% and within a minute or so the miner restarts itself and repeats.

Ok, thank you for at least getting the ball rolling for us AMD equi miners  Smiley Im sure as the days go by it will improve. I'm yet to test on RX 480's

Heyo Cheesy

I tested it on the newest AMD driver version, works the same as on the blockchain drivers here (for the fun i tested it with an 290x for ya).
Hey cool, thanks for that update... save me the headache of reinstalling drivers  Cheesy

Have you successfully tested on any other GPUS, and you are saying it worked for you on the 290x?

Sure NP,

No i just used an test system what have an 290x, rest is on ETN.
290x is here working on win10 pro, 0% cpu load with the newest AMD drivers. So no for this card you dont need to downgrade your drivers.

480's i dont have so i can not test and for the 580 i see an updated file.

Just make sure the config json file is good with the correct information and check if the .bat file is pointing to EXAMPLE1;
Like this for BTCZ (BitcoinZ) on suprnova.cc ;
Code:
{
"DEFAULTS" : {
"PLATFORM"      : "AUTO",
"DEVICES"      : "AUTO"
},

"EXAMPLE1" :
{
"COIN" : "BTCZ",
"POOLS" : [
{"POOL" : "btcz.suprnova.cc",
"PORT" : "6586",
"USER" : "userworkername.password",
"PASS" : "x"}
]
}

}
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
The tahiti.bin kernel works well and stable after a few hours on my 7970 and 280x gpus, on ubuntu 14.04 with 2:15.201.2-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 fglrx version.

Edit: 10-12 sol/s with these cards
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
How significant is it to use the 17.40 block chain drivers, or does that only pertain to a certain core or Windows OS? like 10 or W7 the same results...

Well the thing is that AMD's intermediate language is hard to generate at the moment, so these kernels are pure binary kernels produced with certain drivers. Usually the kernels also work with other driver versions for that they were build for, but that can not be guarantied. 17.40 blockchain driver is mentioned pretty often here because that was the one I build and tested the kernel files with Smiley Other drivers may also work, but as said without any warranty.
lol  Grin

I gotcha, I may go ahead and try the 17.40 just for shits and giggles and see if that does make a difference. I know its very early in development yet.

Best luck i have had is with 3 x 290x, only it will connect to pool then receive work and then it sits and the CPU spikes up to 100% and within a minute or so the miner restarts itself and repeats.

Ok, thank you for at least getting the ball rolling for us AMD equi miners  Smiley Im sure as the days go by it will improve. I'm yet to test on RX 480's

Heyo Cheesy

I tested it on the newest AMD driver version, works the same as on the blockchain drivers here (for the fun i tested it with an 290x for ya).
Hey cool, thanks for that update... save me the headache of reinstalling drivers  Cheesy

Have you successfully tested on any other GPUS, and you are saying it worked for you on the 290x?
Activity: 571
Merit: 18

lol  Grin

Heyo Cheesy

legendary

lol  Grin

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

legendary
can you make a new bin for me? not all rx550 are 2 gigs. Wink

Ok, here a new set of kernels:

Vega (gfx901):  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nYLvfEZYQvhgCE-PHe_pZtnW34WHU6Zy
RX 550 (gfx 804):   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N1sBrA26Cq7zHUhbuRDpzidSOkoigyn1
Tahiti (for completeness): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pN-zUv3pvJvrsETFbQ-8j_3gxercIObV

----

The two kernels gfx901 and gfx804 were compiled on Windows with Blockchain drivers 17.40. Unfortunately the driver did not allow to build a kernel for gfx900, but in theory the one for gfx901 could work. Can one of the 900 users try to load the 901 and rename it?

On the friends vega 56 rig with the posted binary we got:
Code:
Average speed (60s): 24.7996 sol/s | 25.5162 sol/s | 25.1662 sol/s | 22.4163 sol/s | 25.6829 sol/s Total: 123.581 sol/s
with about 900W power draw (whole rig at the wall)

Cool I"ll be using it and I like how you adjust the fee no greed like the others so i will have no problem using it or complaint about the fee ever.

everyone should get something for there work just don't be greedily ....

Well I do not do this as hobby - I have registered that as business and pay my taxes - but these coins at are quite small and there are very good cuda miners, so what I get from this is rather small at the moment (although my miner is not (much) slower for Nvidia then competitors ^^). So for the start I need the 2%, but I will lower it. Promised and till now I always remembered my promises here Smiley
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Cool I"ll be using it and I like how you adjust the fee no greed like the others so i will have no problem using it or complaint about the fee ever.

everyone should get something for there work just don't be greedily ....
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I have

id 0 rx 580 4gig
id 1 rx 580 8 gig
id 2 hd7950 3gig
id 3 hd7950 3gig
id 4 hd7950 3gig
id 5 rx550 4gig
id 6 r9 280x 3gig

In the old equihash i could get 1800 solutions/s

I know its gonna change drasticly and thats fine. However!

my rx550 4gig will not use the curren gfx804.bin it says -11 error etc also it says amd hsa somethin or another i cnat remember.

can you make a new bin for me? not all rx550 are 2 gigs. Wink

{
   "DEFAULTS" : {
      "PLATFORM"         : "AUTO",
      "DEVICE" : [0,1,2,3,4,6]
   },

"EXAMPLE1" :
   {
      "COIN" : "SAFE",
      "POOLS" : [
         {"POOL" : "safecoin.catspool.org",
          "PORT" : "3436",
          "USER" : "RcfQvQnemQ4jQdcsauVDexYe1JA6WEgDir",
          "PASS" : "x"}
      ]
   }

}

all that happens is ithe miner cylecs over and over and over as if the config is messed up.
Glad to help in squeezing of bugs Smiley
A little more info - R9 280x 3GB not overclocked (1000/1500MHz) with Crimson 15.12 drivers, Windows 2008 R2 x64 (or Win 7 x64 SP1 codebase, don't ask me why I run server version Smiley ), getting between 6-8 sol/s per card.

Hmm it could be the driver version. I did compile the binary kernels with pretty young drivers and AMD does not guaranty for compatibility between versions - so it just could be that the 15.12 are too old for the 17.40 compiles binaries.

OK, I renamed the tahiti.bin and it started mining after some errors. I restarted the miner 3 times and it works now. The stats are a bit odd 71/6/13/14 total 104 sols. I got 4 XFX 6GB 280x. They are a special edition and rarely found. My system is windows 10 with adrenaline 17.12.1. I will test with standard 3GB Tahiti, but I don't know the option for chosing which card to mine (like -di in claymore).

The option is there ... in the config file you can replace "DEVICE" : "AUTO" by "DEVICE" : [1,2,3] to only run on your 2nd, 3rd and 4th card. The first one of yours seems to have an issue. 71 sol/s would be nice, but its definitely too much to be a correct result.
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
OK, I renamed the tahiti.bin and it started mining after some errors. I restarted the miner 3 times and it works now. The stats are a bit odd 71/6/13/14 total 104 sols. I got 4 XFX 6GB 280x. They are a special edition and rarely found. My system is windows 10 with adrenaline 17.12.1. I will test with standard 3GB Tahiti, but I don't know the option for chosing which card to mine (like -di in claymore).

Edit: I found the option DEVICES. Again the miner gave 0 sols and restarted automatically endlessly, until I closed it, opened it again and began mining with 18-20 sols per card. This is for the rigs with regular 3GB Tahiti 280x Grin
Activity: 191
Merit: 12
Windows 7 x64, AMD R9 280x 3Gb cards, i downloaded additional tahiti kernel, getting:

Ok, got it working but just after I renamed tahiti_144.bin into tahiti.bin.

Damn you are right ^^ Well you see some stuff written / released here with a hot needle. Well ... thats why its a preview ^^

Fiji speed avg. 14 S/s too slow.  Tongue
use little power, I think it user more power, speed is up.
For NVIDIA algo 144,5 use more power is the same 200,9

wait tuning for AMD....GO GO GO  Wink

I will start tuning for AMD asap - right now lets sort out the AMD driver troubles Smiley

Glad to help in squeezing of bugs Smiley
A little more info - R9 280x 3GB not overclocked (1000/1500MHz) with Crimson 15.12 drivers, Windows 2008 R2 x64 (or Win 7 x64 SP1 codebase, don't ask me why I run server version Smiley ), getting between 6-8 sol/s per card.
Windows 7 x64, AMD R9 280x 3Gb cards, i downloaded additional tahiti kernel, getting:

Damn you are right ^^ Well you see some stuff written / released here with a hot needle. Well ... thats why its a preview ^^

Mine are not working on Windows.

Can you be a bit more specific? What I could need get things better: GPU and driver version and - if you see some - the error message the miner prints out to command line Smiley

I'm having the same issue with my Vega 56 on the 18.5.1 driver.

Vega currently seems broken, working on a solution.

Fiji speed avg. 14 S/s too slow.  Tongue

wait tuning for AMD....GO GO GO  Wink

I will start tuning for AMD asap - right now lets sort out the AMD driver troubles Smiley
Activity: 191
Merit: 12

-------------------------------------------------
          Welcome to lolMiner-144.5 0.38
                 Public preview

This software is only meant for pool mining
       with the Equihash 144.5 algorithm

For usage instructions add -h to the commandline.
          Made by Lolliedieb, June 2018
lolMiner is configured to mine SnowGem(XSG), Equihash 144.5
Auto selecting platform with id 0: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Auto selecting all GPU in platform.
Using device with id 0 (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series)
Using device with id 1 (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series)
Setup Miner...
Warning: Your device with id 0 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.5
Warning: Your device with id 1 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.5
Error: lolMiner does not support any of the detected / selected devices algorithms on the selected algorithm.

legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
Good job there! it works on my fiji cards. But you say only 4GB cards, so AMD 3GB cards are out of the game? I thought 144,5 had been carefully chosen precisely to raise the memory usage significantly but still allow 3GB cards to mine.

edit: rephrase

I was not aware of AMD 3G GPUs ... well ... they could work, just not tested it ^^
I just got news that AMD GCN 1 Tahiti cards generally work, just put this file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pN-zUv3pvJvrsETFbQ-8j_3gxercIObV into same directory as the other ones Smiley

It works with this kernel on 7970 and 280x. Good job again!

Edit: quoting

Mine are not working on Windows.
Activity: 4
./run_miner.sh
          Welcome to lolMiner-144.5 0.38        
                 Public preview                  

This software is only meant for pool mining  
       with the Equihash 144.5 algorithm        

For usage instructions add -h to the commandline.
          Made by Lolliedieb, June 2018          
lolMiner is configured to mine Bitcoin Gold(BTG), Equihash 144.5
Auto selecting platform with id 0: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Auto selecting all GPU in platform.
Using device with id 0 (AMD Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics)
Setup Miner...
./run_miner.sh: line 21:  3289 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./lolMiner-144 -profile=$PROFILE $@

Linux 4.13.0-32-generic #35~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP x86_64

AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40

AMD rx470 8GB

clinfo and strace here : https://pastebin.com/ayC2MNvv

UPDATE:
Some magic happen, and it works now. But yes, first time on this machine was something like Crimson drivers, not a mining drivers, then I update drivers to "AMDGPU-Pro 17.40 Driver for Linux". Right ufter update and reboot it wasn't work, but after few more reboots it start working.

https://i.imgur.com/VFMatuA.png
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Good job there! it works on my fiji cards. But you say only 4GB cards, so AMD 3GB cards are out of the game? I thought 144,5 had been carefully chosen precisely to raise the memory usage significantly but still allow 3GB cards to mine.

edit: rephrase

I was not aware of AMD 3G GPUs ... well ... they could work, just not tested it ^^
I just got news that AMD GCN 1 Tahiti cards generally work, just put this file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pN-zUv3pvJvrsETFbQ-8j_3gxercIObV into same directory as the other ones Smiley

It works with this kernel on 7970 and 280x. Good job again!

Edit: quoting
Activity: 121
Fiji speed avg. 14 S/s too slow.  Tongue

wait tuning for AMD....GO GO GO  Wink
Activity: 8
I'm having the same issue with my Vega 56 on the 18.5.1 driver.
Pages:
Jump to: