Author

Topic: lolMiner 1.64: Fastest Kaspa miner in market - page 147. (Read 154764 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
the old lolminer works but this one instantly crashes and windows reports gpu access for lolminer.exe has been blocked.

Nvidia or AMD and which of the algos? Will look into the corresponding code path to see if there are significant changes.

may i ask ? how a 1050ti can get 14sols and a 290x gets 12sols...........i'm lost is this due to 144,5 is not AMD friendly as previously 1050ti does abt 160sols and 290x does 380sols...fyi using EWBF 0.3 for my 1050ti comp

from ure view
Activity: 433
Merit: 48
the old lolminer works but this one instantly crashes and windows reports gpu access for lolminer.exe has been blocked.

Nvidia or AMD and which of the algos? Will look into the corresponding code path to see if there are significant changes.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

NVIDIA GTX1080TI's
Activity: 129
@Lolliedieb
Could you explain why in this version you added a connection to a cloud hosting?
The first thing it does is connect to a mining site, it is OK
The second is a personal account in www.linode.com
It is not done directly from lolminer.exe, it is done trough explorer.exe
This looks to me you are doing this way to bypass firewalls
Very suspicious  Shocked Shocked Shocked
What?!?

lolMiner.exe can establish at most 3 connections:
1) The one you use for mining to your pool
2) The one for the dev fee, which currently will likely be (dependent of the coin) minexpool.nl, suprnova.cc or miningpoolhub.com
3) The API connection. When you start the miner with API port given the Windows Firewall will kick in and ask if lolMiner is allowed to do so or not.

There is no more code inside that does any connection or load. Also the only thing that it will do to interact with Windows explorer is searching for the Kernel files in its /kernel directory and load the user_config.json. I guaranty that no more is done, especially it does not connect any cloud service or other 3rd party side.

Really?

First: the virustotal you uploaded is from explorer.exe. the file in question wanting to access the internet is explorer++.exe
The firewall also states that explorer++.exe wants to access the internet through lolminer.exe So it isn't lolminer that is infected but the explorer++.exe process.

Yes, you are right, I edited my previous message.
My apologies.
Activity: 271
Merit: 103
@Lolliedieb
Could you explain why in this version you added a connection to a cloud hosting?
What?!?

2) The one for the dev fee, which currently will likely be (dependent of the coin) minexpool.nl, suprnova.cc or miningpoolhub.com
3) The API connection. When you start the miner with API port given the Windows Firewall will kick in and ask if lolMiner is allowed to do so or not.

There is no more code inside that does any connection or load. Also the only thing that it will do to interact with Windows explorer is searching for the Kernel files in its /kernel directory and load the user_config.json. I guaranty that no more is done, especially it does not connect any cloud service or other 3rd party side.

Really?

http://45.79.223.173.ipaddress.com/

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/1e2ac076bd8af7d01eed4476d0d10472a4aa31bc5f1b41364d97af674b115db3/detection

First: the virustotal you uploaded is from explorer.exe. the file in question wanting to access the internet is explorer++.exe
The firewall also states that explorer++.exe wants to access the internet through lolminer.exe So it isn't lolminer that is infected but the explorer++.exe process.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
I tested this miner on my 5x7950 rig and it works stable.
But hashrate is low. I've got only 55 sols from this rig.
@Lolliedieb
What?!?

Really?

SORRY!
Forget it, I read it wrongly, it is not lol miner is the explorer++ doing it, only happens if I start your software from explorer++.
My mistake is because I never have seen explorer++ trying to connect anywhere.

Activity: 433
Merit: 48
hang freeze on windows version on tahiti card, i've tried on wind 7 64bit and wind 10 64bit.
hoping fixed on new update

The Windows version is currently a cross build of the Linux one - I will see if I find a Windows compiler that can compile it to get rid of the cross build runtimes. It seems they cause most of the problems, since the code is (except from 1 line) the same.

@Lolliedieb
Very suspicious  Shocked Shocked Shocked

What?!?

The problem is in bat file. In my case PC try to restart until it hangs. I changed one thing:
this:
Code:
:MINE
Start /wait /B /high lolMiner.exe !PARAMS!
if ERRORLEVEL 0 goto :MINE
to this:
Code:
if ERRORLEVEL 0 goto :EXIT
:EXIT
Now it works fine in my case

For some reason on some Windows 10 versions the check for the error code does not wait for the program to be finished. I have no idea why, because usually that /wait indicates it should. I changed that line of the batch script with purpose that on a 0 sol/s bug or a stratum problem the miner just should restart because often that fixes the problem. So I use different error codes on return (concretely the error code 134 indicates that the miner assumes that a plain restart will not fix the problem. That is the reason why the Linux restart script tests for this error code). Never the less thank you for providing a solution that works. I think I will change back to the old restart script.

Any plans to add Heptacoin too or to pass the personalization string as parameter?

I read the teams request to add the coin just a few minutes before the release, which was a bit too late.  But it will be added in 0.41, likely within in this week.
@Lolliedieb

Very suspicious  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Windows version is not working for me.
The program self opens continually, thousands of times, eating all the computer resources & finally you have to do a hard reset.
Same on my rig. 3x R9 280x, pls can u fix 3GB cards, i'm waiting till 3rd july,thanks

guys i'm using 7970 and 290x with 2x7950........on win 10 and blockchain drivers......stable

but i increased pagefile to 36gb min and 40gb max

I'm using RX 580, it looks to me it is a compilation problem.
With previous version it was working fine.

The problem is in bat file. In my case PC try to restart until it hangs. I changed one thing:
this:
Code:
to this:
Code:

Cool, now it is working, thank you very much.
Activity: 81
now works with this ":EXIT"  at the end
Activity: 8
Thank you, the miner is working on my R9 280. Great work, much appreciated. Looking forward to the updates and improvements.
Activity: 201
Merit: 11
there is an increase in the productivity of the new miner for the MNX coin?
Activity: 1
The program self opens continually, thousands of times, eating all the computer resources & finally you have to do a hard reset.
Same on my rig. 3x R9 280x, pls can u fix 3GB cards, i'm waiting till 3rd july,thanks

guys i'm using 7970 and 290x with 2x7950........on win 10 and blockchain drivers......stable

this:
Code:
to this:
Code:

Activity: 11
Hi!
Any plans to add Heptacoin too or to pass the personalization string as parameter?

Thanks
Activity: 191
Merit: 12
As an difference from preview version, this one starts and works fine without hdd swapping (win 7 x64, 17.4.3 drivers, r9 280x). But performances are awful, 9-13 sol/s but with average of 12, roughly half of 1060 3GB on new EWBF 0.3 which makes it currently totally unprofitable to mine with. Hope for much better performance in next versions (r9 280x was getting 280-300 sols/s vs 300-320 1060 3GB on 200,9 equihash).
Activity: 47
hang freeze on windows version on tahiti card, i've tried on wind 7 64bit and wind 10 64bit.
hoping fixed on new update
Jump to: