Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term argument for bitcoin - page 23. (Read 5936 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
June 28, 2017, 07:56:14 PM
Bitcoin is the pioneer of crypto currencies, it has been around longer than any coin, the popularity of this coin is already high the trust level on this coin is also high, but the main reason people choosing bitcoin is because bitcoin has proven to survive multiple obstacles and it always survive and become stronger and bitcoin got a huge supporters
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
June 28, 2017, 04:22:59 PM
I think it's not so important to be the first. There are many coins which are more developed in technical sense than bitcoin. But keep in mid that bitcoin started it's "career" almost 10 years ago and LTC and ETH are kids if to compare them with BTC. I am sure one or even some of altcoins may replace bitcoin one day and get even more success, but I can't tell you now when exactly it will happen.
i do not think that there is any reason that compare bitcoin to nay other altcion. bitcoin is in fact the mother of all the coins, and all the people are revolving around bitcoin, even those people who are investing their money in altcoin for trading purpose but still they are using bitcoin for trading altcoin therefore bitcoin is the number one crypto currency and will remain as number one for ever.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 28, 2017, 04:22:21 PM
Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

I compared them and approximatevily the same assets!
The only difference is that bitcoin was the first, is it that important?

It is a matter of trust.

Yes, there are many altcoins out there that has the same feature as Bitcoin that is good for long-term investments. However, if it is not trusted by the people then you might get profit very slow or will not profit at all. Since Bitcoin was around before these alts came to existence, Bitcoin is trusted by the most people so they prefer Bitcoin over others. Having the same potential as long-term investment does not mean the have the same ROI within a specific span of time.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 28, 2017, 02:15:01 PM
Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

Many altcoins are pretty much Bitcoin copycats

So Bitcoin has an obvious advantage of being the first comer. But it is not only that. There are quite a few coins which might be considered a lot better than Bitcoin in certain aspects (e.g. anonymity, cheap fees, fast confirmation times). But these features don't significantly increase the popularity of these coins and the reason for that is quite simple. Bitcoin is primarily a tool for speculation, and its use as a vehicle for profiteering by far outpaces its other uses. And you can easily see that all these advantages that many altcoins have are completely inconsequential to this use (i.e. speculation)
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
June 28, 2017, 01:54:07 PM
Hello,

Usually because bitcoin is still the number one cryptocurrency. People still believe it can never be replaced even buy a new and better alt-in.

Bitcoin being the first and the most trusted crytocurrenc which are some of the greatest contribution to the cryptocurrency world, and in fact even to the world itself. Bitcoins's blockchain is something really revolutionary.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
June 28, 2017, 01:25:13 PM
The possibility for that to exist, because there are some coins that have a performance system and have good progress for the future, either as an investment or trading altcoin.
But bitcoin as it remains will be king of all altcoin circulating in cryptocurrency
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
June 28, 2017, 12:44:33 PM
I think it's not so important to be the first. There are many coins which are more developed in technical sense than bitcoin. But keep in mid that bitcoin started it's "career" almost 10 years ago and LTC and ETH are kids if to compare them with BTC. I am sure one or even some of altcoins may replace bitcoin one day and get even more success, but I can't tell you now when exactly it will happen.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
June 28, 2017, 11:36:45 AM
Hello,

The answer is plain and simple and a big yes. It is the first and it already has build its reputation while the other altcoins are still trying to build their own. It also took a couple of years for bitcoin to stay where it is so don't question or argue why people chose bitcoin and are confident with bitcoin for long term investment than those other altcoins, you wouldn't be here in this forum if not for bitcoin too.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
June 28, 2017, 11:32:51 AM
The reason that we know that bitcoin will be ok long term is due to the nature of the code that is publically available.

We know that every certain amount of years the bitcoin block reward goes in half. The reason this happens is because it provides a deflationary currency that people know what will happen. The USD for example goes down in value because we continually print more money and go into huge debts. BTC isn't in huge debt and the amount of BTC created is steady and knowable. The reason the USD is worth less and less each year is because it is random and always too much. BTCi is just the right amount and we know what it will be = far less risk.

Beyond BTC being secure and all that, we know how many BTC will exist 10 or 20 years from now. Making it a sure thing. That is why it holds value and will continue to do so. More and more people are switching to online payments and online ordering and this will only help further the btc usebase.
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
June 28, 2017, 10:52:47 AM
Most alt coins are unknown, some may even possess better characteristics compared to bitcoin but due to low adoption and usage by the public they may just die off. Bitcoin has done the hard part by dragging itself from obscurity. The rest are only riding it's waves. A few like monero,  eth, dash will break through.

I feel these few listed altcoins only dangerous for bitcoin due to high growth rate from the past few months. Especially Etherum has been emerging as project (smart contracts), cost wise and usage.
If we wish bitcoin live longer we need to stay away from any altcoins that we reduce the demand of any altcoins and bitcoin's demand will increase to moon level.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
June 28, 2017, 10:42:40 AM
Do you know who was the second person to put his step on the moon? Well, you will take a paus before telling the answer or may be you don't even know the answer. So what makes up this question? Well Neil Armstrong was the first and his name is on your toung because he was the FIRST. Yes it matters a lot in the race of coins. Bitcoin has went all over the head of people and it has given them freedom to choose and profit to them. Lite coin is secondary to everyone and they won't believe in it so easily as long as it gives back big trust in the form of profits, gains etc.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
June 28, 2017, 10:27:57 AM
Most alt coins are unknown, some may even possess better characteristics compared to bitcoin but due to low adoption and usage by the public they may just die off. Bitcoin has done the hard part by dragging itself from obscurity. The rest are only riding it's waves. A few like monero,  eth, dash will break through.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 28, 2017, 07:14:06 AM
Hello,

Well they're probably the same and good for long term holdings but personally i haven't researched much about litecoin yet so i'm nit yet too confident in holding fir long term. Btc has been here for quir a while now and a lot of people are interested in it already as well as some countries so as of the moment i thnk btc is more stable and secure.

Many analysts say that some alternative coins are very promising now. I, too, would prefer to invest in young coins, which have not yet risen significantly. But I know that this is a risk. And if you invest in bitcoin, the risk is not so strong
Activity: 924
Merit: 275
June 28, 2017, 07:10:09 AM
Hello,

Being the first is important. So one of the reason why bitcoin is popular is it because it iss the first digital currency. Long term investment is very effective and many people knows about that.
Yeah you're slightly correct. Being popular is a advantage to the bitcoin. This is the reason why many investors are prefer to invest their money to the bitcoin and also this is the reason why conquered the crypro world.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
June 28, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Hello,

Well they're probably the same and good for long term holdings but personally i haven't researched much about litecoin yet so i'm nit yet too confident in holding fir long term. Btc has been here for quir a while now and a lot of people are interested in it already as well as some countries so as of the moment i thnk btc is more stable and secure.
Just think for litecoin as a copy of it then you are good to go. There is nothing we can think about litecoin because it is just a copy of bitcoin and i think it is also a good back up for the bitcoin users and we all know that litecoin has a small fees and also a fast transactions because of the segwit that gets activated few months ago so it is a good alternative coin for bitcoin if bitcoin will die then i will just go to litecoin.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 28, 2017, 06:27:31 AM
Hello,

Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
June 28, 2017, 06:06:24 AM
Hello,

Being the first is important. So one of the reason why bitcoin is popular is it because it iss the first digital currency. Long term investment is very effective and many people knows about that.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
June 28, 2017, 05:43:31 AM
Thank you all for your answer.

To sum it up what makes bitcoin valuable is the community as I understood.
I bought my first bitcoins today ! 3mBTC but I'm very disappointed because the fee to put it on a wallet is 1mBTC, around 3$! Thank you Kraken!
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
June 28, 2017, 04:51:52 AM
Hello,

Yes, it is important which of them comes first because whichever did, the first one will be the one that has been used first, so people are already used in bitcoin and even though you say both of them have the same features, it will be a more reason not to try litecoin right ? Imean why will you try something new that is also the same with the previous one. Also, TBH bitcoin has more advantage than litecoin and other countries that are accepting them know that.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
June 28, 2017, 04:04:33 AM
Hello,

Several reasons:

- Most altcoins are for-profit projects, designed to benefit the founders and the team around them. Therefore they usually run ICOs before anything is even released to public. All there is is promises of a good coin, and that's it. This contrasts with bitcoin drastically.
- Altcoins die off periodically. There are hundreds of dead altcoins that were considered good in the past.
- There is only need for decentralized payment processing, really. I really don't see the point of smart contracts etc.
- Altcoin are "altcoins". They'll never achieve the status nor the trust of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: