Pages:
Author

Topic: Looking for a new self custody wallet - page 2. (Read 405 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
November 20, 2022, 04:29:19 AM
Fuck BNB, fuck LTC, fuck ETH, fuck ERC20 DeFi.  I strayed from the Maxi I once was chasing the yield.  Shame on me.
At least you realized it, better late than never I guess.

FTX absolutely ruined me and I have a slice of what "used to be" left on my Ledger.

Fuck Ledger, I want to rely on my own hardware... My own hardware I built with my own hands.
I'm not sure if that's the right move. The Ledger didn't fail you, right? I don't think you can build your own hardware, other than sticking components together. I'm not sure how that improves anything.

I have just built a laptop, installed a known secure linux distro and am ready to move everything I own to it.
How did you build a laptop?

I want to help the network.  Especially the LN network.  Please if you have a good link provide it on how I can with my own hardware... I am not asking for step by step instructions just resources to knowledge.
Start by reading The Lightning Network FAQ.

what is the current well respected self custody wallet these days?  Electrum?  Samourai?  I guess the real answer is just stick with the actual core wallet.
Bitcoin Core is the most basic indeed. Electrum would be my second choice. However, for convenience of offline signing, I'd pick Electrum over Bitcoin Core if you have a dedicated offline airgapped device where you keep your coins in a cold wallet.

TLDR;  I want to fully be self custody and at the same time contribute to layer 2 of BTC.  If you have a link on helping me achieve this with my own hardware please respond.
Keep those 2 goals separate! Your self custody cold wallet should never touch the internet, your Lightning adventures go on a different online machine.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 3161
November 20, 2022, 12:54:33 AM
TLDR;  I want to fully be self custody and at the same time contribute to layer 2 of BTC.  If you have a link on helping me achieve this with my own hardware please respond.  

Get a Raspberry Pi and set up Raspibolt or Raspiblitz.
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
November 20, 2022, 12:36:23 AM
I have not signed into this forum for a while.  I have been accumulating, trading on centralized exchanges....got greedy and even "staked" coins from almost a decade ago.  Fuck BNB, fuck LTC, fuck ETH, fuck ERC20 DeFi.  I strayed from the Maxi I once was chasing the yield.  Shame on me.

FTX absolutely ruined me and I have a slice of what "used to be" left on my Ledger.

Fuck Ledger, I want to rely on my own hardware... My own hardware I built with my own hands.

I am ready to get back to my roots and ask the help from my friends from which I first joined this forum so long ago.

I have just built a laptop, installed a known secure linux distro and am ready to move everything I own to it.  

I want to help the network.  Especially the LN network.  Please if you have a good link provide it on how I can with my own hardware... I am not asking for step by step instructions just resources to knowledge.  

I want to support LN, Watchtowers, Taproot, Nodes.... everything I can with my hardware I have available.  I am just lost in the noise of all the bullshit and scammers.

I have plans to get back to hosting a node with my dusty pie but my question is what is the current well respected self custody wallet these days?  Electrum?  Samourai?  I guess the real answer is just stick with the actual core wallet.

I know I am being lazy, asking for guidance and opinions for anyone willing to respond.

PS...where is the goddamn IRC info.  I have been so out of touch on this shit.

Pages:
Jump to: