Pages:
Author

Topic: Looking for investors - page 2. (Read 3002 times)

Activity: 796
Merit: 251
July 05, 2016, 07:27:59 AM
Until then do any of the people working on the project have any previous work to show? Also it'd be a better idea to try making a 3D game. 2D games sell for very cheap, and it's difficult to create a market within a 2D game. The most successful 2D game I've ever known was 'Terraria' and I'm sure they'd never be able to build a market in their game either.

We've worked on games before, none of which were sold commercially. We aren't going to switch to a 3D game. We had originally tossed around the idea of a 3D open world game but decided that we wanted to make 2D games more.

The price that we sell the game at is still under debate and I'm not at liberty to say what that price will be.

Why have a price tag on the game if the ingame currency is dogecoin?

I can't answer any questions about the price on the game at the moment. When we get a bit closer to beta testing our product then we'll announce the cost of the game.

I didn't ask anything about the price, I asked WHY there is a price not  "what is the price". You are putting a price tag on a game that already has a ingame currency with fiat value.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
July 05, 2016, 07:13:48 AM
So...no videos, screenshots, code, or estimated release...all you can provide is a paragraph's worth of some thirteen year old's dream game? Yep, definitely legit...

What does 10,000,000 DOGE (why DOGE?) help - will free money just magically produce this product?  Why are you only sending info in PMs to those whom volunteered to invest?  Too many red flags.  Next time, at least have something to bring to the table, so that we know you're actually serious :/

(btw, I'll be watching this thread - if you do provide enough evidence this is a serious project, I'd have no problem helping out)

If you're willing to keep an eye on this for a little while, we will be releasing an offline demo of our product fairly soon. We just want to ensure that our passion for the game, its characters, and it's story really show in our product. Being a small team with secondary sources of income, this takes a bit of time.

As for why doge, we have several reasons for picking this crypto. When we release our offline demo, we will include a ton of information about our development process with it.

Games cost money to produce, $3000 USD is not a HUGE budget for a game. It's not even a huge budget for an indy game. We are putting a lot of our own money into this. Not to mention our time, and hearts. If you are still skeptical, if you PM your email I'd be happy to provide you with our current Game Design Document. It outlines many things about the game, and what we are working on at the moment.
July 05, 2016, 07:10:44 AM
Until then do any of the people working on the project have any previous work to show? Also it'd be a better idea to try making a 3D game. 2D games sell for very cheap, and it's difficult to create a market within a 2D game. The most successful 2D game I've ever known was 'Terraria' and I'm sure they'd never be able to build a market in their game either.

We've worked on games before, none of which were sold commercially. We aren't going to switch to a 3D game. We had originally tossed around the idea of a 3D open world game but decided that we wanted to make 2D games more.

The price that we sell the game at is still under debate and I'm not at liberty to say what that price will be.

I can't answer any questions about the price on the game at the moment. When we get a bit closer to beta testing our product then we'll announce the cost of the game.
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
July 05, 2016, 04:42:55 AM

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
July 05, 2016, 12:55:07 AM
So...no videos, screenshots, code, or estimated release...all you can provide is a paragraph's worth of some thirteen year old's dream game? Yep, definitely legit...

What does 10,000,000 DOGE (why DOGE?) help - will free money just magically produce this product?  Why are you only sending info in PMs to those whom volunteered to invest?  Too many red flags.  Next time, at least have something to bring to the table, so that we know you're actually serious :/

(btw, I'll be watching this thread - if you do provide enough evidence this is a serious project, I'd have no problem helping out)
July 04, 2016, 06:29:10 PM

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
July 04, 2016, 06:16:13 PM
July 04, 2016, 06:13:02 PM
Ideally you would give us some artwork and a greater piece of information about the game and how it can be profitable. Otherwise don't expect to get 10,000,000 Doge. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but I think you should focus on the game first to make sure it's actually fun to play. There are many developers who will be willing to help you create some demos, even if they're short. It makes a big difference.

Good luck.

Thanks but if you read the thread you would see we are offering our Game Design Document to certain potential investors.

We are focusing on our game first, I would like to point that out because there has been a bit of confusion about that. The game is something that we are building already, it's not just a concept.

We are in the early stages of development as I said but we are already planning on an "offline demo" to showcase a bit of the basic PvE, and some of the art.

I'll keep everyone updated on that.

Activity: 161
July 04, 2016, 06:03:59 PM
Ideally you would give us some artwork and a greater piece of information about the game and how it can be profitable. Otherwise don't expect to get 10,000,000 Doge. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but I think you should focus on the game first to make sure it's actually fun to play. There are many developers who will be willing to help you create some demos, even if they're short. It makes a big difference.

Good luck.
July 04, 2016, 05:45:07 PM
Dead on arrival.

Go back to the drawing board.

Fire the team member that suggested dogecoin.

We do have plans to eventually accept other cryptos, and for us dogecoin seems like a decent place for us to start. Our game may even give a little more life to the dogecoin community!
Activity: 234
July 04, 2016, 12:09:02 PM
Can I look into the roadmap of your project?
I might want to invest in it but I would like to do my due deligence before sending money to a newbie.

Its better if you can pm me with the details.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
July 04, 2016, 06:21:52 AM
Dead on arrival.

Go back to the drawing board.

Fire the team member that suggested dogecoin.
Activity: 168
July 04, 2016, 06:13:32 AM
Wow new and interesting games in crypto world not bad I want to play it soon  a good project and I think it would not failed.
Is good to invest in it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 04, 2016, 05:54:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
July 03, 2016, 11:48:25 PM
If you can submit an actual game design document to me, I'll look it over... if I snag this, I'd cover the entire requested amount (10m DOGE) and help with promotion.

Do you have an email you'd like me to send it to? It's a bit primitive, and it's constantly being updated but it's full of information about our game.

PM sent! Looking forward to hearing from you, Smiley.
July 03, 2016, 11:40:42 PM
If you can submit an actual game design document to me, I'll look it over... if I snag this, I'd cover the entire requested amount (10m DOGE) and help with promotion.

Do you have an email you'd like me to send it to? It's a bit primitive, and it's constantly being updated but it's full of information about our game.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
July 03, 2016, 11:19:14 PM
July 03, 2016, 11:08:55 PM
more info OP. and please provide a website about your game. im interested in your idea and willing to invest. but will you mind if you change the currency to btc. we will never how long will doge holds. and can you provide your credentials that will proof that your legit. thanks
'

I've sent you the additional info, that I can release at the time in a PM. As I said above, currently the only crypto we can support is dogecoin, switching to btc isn't an option at the moment. In the future we hope that we can support other cryptos. I'm not sure what you mean by credentials, could you elaborate on that?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 03, 2016, 11:06:12 PM
more info OP. and please provide a website about your game. im interested in your idea and willing to invest. but will you mind if you change the currency to btc. we will never how long will doge holds. and can you provide your credentials that will proof that your legit. thanks
July 03, 2016, 10:57:35 PM
Watching this
Do you have any website realted your game? i love to play video games
Maybe you can go doge subreddit too for gather doge community

We don't have a website at the moment, and probably won't set anything up until we get closer to a finished product. I've made a post on the doge subreddit and hope that we get a positive response.

When we release the game I hope to see you in our community!

So why are you here with no game plan, no working prototype and asking for money. That's not cool man.

We have a full game plan. I'm not sure where you got the idea that we didn't have a game plan. We just don't have a website for the game yet. We don't have a prototype because we are still in the early stages of development.

We are a small indie group as I said in my original post. Getting the funding to help move our project along is important.
Pages:
Jump to: