Pages:
Author

Topic: Looks more and more like a 2011 repeat - page 2. (Read 14959 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Would you mind checking with the crash of August/September 2012?  Tongue

In October it was almost back to the peak already
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Learn from history. History often repeats itself.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Would you mind checking with the crash of August/September 2012?  Tongue
Activity: 313
An update:
Activity: 434
Manfred, please tell me you've got your nick from watching Day[9]!  Tongue
legendary
Energy is Wealth
2013 started at ~$13 to ~$1 in 2011

legendary
Activity: 1638
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
When is the starting point? With the peaks its easy its a fixed day. Y-axis is just a screen-print from bitcoinchart and then the peaks are matched up.

Yeah true, starting point is somewhat arbitrary, but you can see here that the 2013 plateau at start is higher than 2011.

Could you post both pictures/layers separately?
legendary
Energy is Wealth
When is the starting point? With the peaks its easy its a fixed day. Y-axis is just a screen-print from bitcoinchart and then the peaks are matched up.
legendary
Activity: 1638
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

When will this relationship end?

Why aren't the starting points aligned?  Or said otherwise, the peaks are overlapped, but how is the Y-axis determined for both charts?  To get the same average price? Just somewhat arbitrary?

In my opinion, if you 'stretched out' the 2013 version a bit vertically, you would get better overlap.
legendary
Energy is Wealth

When will this relationship end?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
Quick update on proceedings. When will the trend be broken? The price seems unaffected by what is happening in the world instead just gradually deflates. The profit takers certainly are hard at work and make good use of it.

Are you guys updating this comparison anywhere?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Boy, do I long for the days before things fell apart.....  Roll Eyes

legendary
Energy is Wealth
2011 June 8th, Bitcoin price peaked and most bitcoin software downloads where on the 15th.
In 2013 the price peaked on 9 April and highest downloads where on the 10th of April.

At the end of all this the smart once will have increased net possession of Bitcoins in the pocked. The short term speculators will continue to whine, cry and beg.

Cant add more data to 2013 range as it needs a whole months data otherwise it points down to the current 20k for the month. (last point is 160k)
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Quick update on proceedings. When will the trend be broken? The price seems unaffected by what is happening in the world instead just gradually deflates. The profit takers certainly are hard at work and make good use of it.

Very nice correlation Smiley  So we'll bottom at 30~40...

IMO that depends on a lot of things:

The continued progress of BTC's infrastructure
More interest in BTC (only 11 million shares right now) - Many of the holder now will sell to lock in profits but they still believe. There will be more interest at the "bottom" is my guess, much much more...
Global economic situation (Heck, the whole Global situation, not just economic)
Continued manipulation of precious metals down by paper selling - forcing more seekers of wealth holdings into alternative areas.
(Especially) America's treatment of the regulation and legality of BTC
Etc.

So, I would be very very careful about putting a number on it. But yes, around 30 to 40...  Grin
Activity: 378

Very nice correlation Smiley  So we'll bottom at 30~40...
legendary
Energy is Wealth
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
yes, the green line.
I was in some sort of denial. But now this period is just too long.
But also the red one is coming down now.

If you campare this to 2011, we see that when the red one is coming down, the new highs are lower than the previous highs and the new lows are lower than the previous lows, a bearish sign...

It's like you guys are conveniently ignoring all the development in the past two years
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
yes, the green line.
I was in some sort of denial. But now this period is just too long.
But also the red one is coming down now.

If you campare this to 2011, we see that when the red one is coming down, the new highs are lower than the previous highs and the new lows are lower than the previous lows, a bearish sign...
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
I was a bitcoin bull, now fearing more and more we are actually in a 2011 repeat. Just compare the forum activity at that time and now:

Number of new members falling hard, number of posts still at a high level. That was ALSO the case in 2011
When the number of nen members hits 100/day, we will see the decline starting (I guess to 20-30$).

Removed my buy orders today, added multiple sell orders due to this chart...
The green line, right? Hasn't that been in a strong decline for a while now ever since it topped out in May or so?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I was a bitcoin bull, now fearing more and more we are actually in a 2011 repeat. Just compare the forum activity at that time and now:

Number of new members falling hard, number of posts still at a high level. That was ALSO the case in 2011
When the number of nen members hits 100/day, we will see the decline starting (I guess to 20-30$).

Removed my buy orders today, added multiple sell orders due to this chart...
Pages:
Jump to: