Pages:
Author

Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A! - page 12. (Read 85765 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Do you think this huge 2-year long bull market is over? Is it bear time now? Your thoughts?

To predict whether that was the end of the bull, and the the start of the bear, u need to look at a long term chart. This is a Gann Square applied to the Weekly Stamp chart:

The rules when applying a Gann, is to square the chart, by applying a 45° line, and aligning the chart aspect ratio, in order that the 45° line joins up the bottom and the top of the first clear upswing. In this case, Nov 2011 @ $2 to April 2013 @ $240. The first arc is then placed at a tangent to the top of the first swing up, and what remains provides a pretty reliable roadmap of what is to come, providing the chartist applies the rules correctly.

The 45° line, represents 'reasonable' growth in a long term bull market. As can be seen, Bitcoin has spent some time north of 'reasonable growth', but almost all of the past 2.5 years beneath this 45° growth line. It is only the last week, that Bitcoin breached this line, but was then slapped back by the turquoise arc. This is totally normal and indeed expected behaviour. These Arcs represent barriers to price growth and usually, price will meet resistance around these arcs and be repelled back in the opposite direction. This can be seen back in June 2016, where the halving pump topped out at $780, was repelled back for another attempt on the arc, which failed, with spot passing through on the 3rd attempt. In situations where spot passes right through the arc with little or no resistance, it can be expected that price will come back down to retest that arc as support. This can be seen in the Nov 2015 pump, followed by the crash back to $300 (test of other side of arc), and most spectacularly in Oct/Nov 2013, when spot blasted through not just one, but two Gann arcs (orange and yellow), only being repelled at the third (green), and as we know, spot came right back down to test both the yellow, and the orange arc.

In summation, depending on the timeframe of your outlook, the bull market cannot be said to have yet reversed. Most likely, Bitcoin rallies from here, fails at next attempt on the arc, and then goes back down to 600-700 region, before being pumped right through the arc, with it's next stop being the dark blue way up at around $1500.

lol

After the linear chart, here goes the squared chart from 0 to 1000
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
with it's next stop being the dark blue way up at around $1500.

Mat's most bullish BTC prediction yet.  I guess we are heading to $15.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Do you think this huge 2-year long bull market is over? Is it bear time now? Your thoughts?

To predict whether that was the end of the bull, and the the start of the bear, u need to look at a long term chart. This is a Gann Square applied to the Weekly Stamp chart:

The rules when applying a Gann, is to square the chart, by applying a 45° line, and aligning the chart aspect ratio, in order that the 45° line joins up the bottom and the top of the first clear upswing. In this case, Nov 2011 @ $2 to April 2013 @ $240. The first arc is then placed at a tangent to the top of the first swing up, and what remains provides a pretty reliable roadmap of what is to come, providing the chartist applies the rules correctly.

The 45° line, represents 'reasonable' growth in a long term bull market. As can be seen, Bitcoin has spent some time north of 'reasonable growth', but almost all of the past 2.5 years beneath this 45° growth line. It is only the last week, that Bitcoin breached this line, but was then slapped back by the turquoise arc. This is totally normal and indeed expected behaviour. These Arcs represent barriers to price growth and usually, price will meet resistance around these arcs and be repelled back in the opposite direction. This can be seen back in June 2016, where the halving pump topped out at $780, was repelled back for another attempt on the arc, which failed, with spot passing through on the 3rd attempt. In situations where spot passes right through the arc with little or no resistance, it can be expected that price will come back down to retest that arc as support. This can be seen in the Nov 2015 pump, followed by the crash back to $300 (test of other side of arc), and most spectacularly in Oct/Nov 2013, when spot blasted through not just one, but two Gann arcs (orange and yellow), only being repelled at the third (green), and as we know, spot came right back down to test both the yellow, and the orange arc.

In summation, depending on the timeframe of your outlook, the bull market cannot be said to have yet reversed. Most likely, Bitcoin rallies from here, fails at next attempt on the arc, and then goes back down to 600-700 region, before being pumped right through the arc, with it's next stop being the dark blue way up at around $1500.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069
I have held gold and silver for almost that long.....

......but then that is real wealth, that can't just be turned off and rendered worthless by some totalitarian government on the other side of the world.....

Absolutely it can.

Gold was made illegal (for private citizens) to own in the U.S. by FDR in 1933.

Gold wasn't made legal again to own in the U.S. until Gerald Ford signed a bill in 1974.

That's 41 straight years of "rendering it useless by some totalitarian government".  Roll Eyes

And if you don't think they can or will do it again, you're crazy.  It's happening in India right now.

Side note: Whatever happened to all that U.S. govt seized Gold in 41 years?  Hmmm? I wonder...
Market buy whatever you can afford NOW. And don't touch it for the next ten years.

naw, no thanks.

lol

Makes sense.

Warren Buffett says that "If you can't hold an investment for at least 10 years, you shouldn't hold it for 10 minutes."

Guess Matt continues to prove Buffett right.  He can't hold *any* investment for at least 10 minutes, lol.

I have held gold and silver for almost that long.....

......but then that is real wealth, that can't just be turned off and rendered worthless by some totalitarian government on the other side of the world.....

Regardless of any pending ramps in Bitcoin, it will all end in tears. Mark my words.
legendary
Market buy whatever you can afford NOW. And don't touch it for the next ten years.

naw, no thanks.

lol

Makes sense.

Warren Buffett says that "If you can't hold an investment for at least 10 years, you shouldn't hold it for 10 minutes."

Guess Matt continues to prove Buffett right.  He can't hold *any* investment for at least 10 minutes, lol.

naw, no thanks.

lol
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
The market survived Gox and numerous other exchange hacks/thefts. The market isn't the exchanges. Holding outside an exchange only means looking at longer timescales and being secure.

yeah, but just look at the trading volumes on Finex since the shenanigans and the 'bail ins' there.

Where has it gone?

You think I am alone in representing an example of a person who is 100% through with Bitcoin, for good? Must be tens of thousands of people who have moved their balls of capital out of the Bitcoin sphere once and for all, hence the anaemic cross exchange USD volume. This pump has more to do with China than ever before, and for all we know, 90% of it could just be a computer algorithm churning out numbers.

Well I know how it feels after losing all my bitcoin (at the time) in bitcoinica. If I still had those bitcoin I'd be a lot better off.Yes I've been kicked in the balls but instead of crying about the unfairness I bought more and came up with a secure strategy which is still working for me now. This is bitcoin early days still.
Doing it wrong. You are supposed to cry like a bitch and blame everyone except yourself.
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
The market survived Gox and numerous other exchange hacks/thefts. The market isn't the exchanges. Holding outside an exchange only means looking at longer timescales and being secure.

yeah, but just look at the trading volumes on Finex since the shenanigans and the 'bail ins' there.

Where has it gone?

You think I am alone in representing an example of a person who is 100% through with Bitcoin, for good? Must be tens of thousands of people who have moved their balls of capital out of the Bitcoin sphere once and for all, hence the anaemic cross exchange USD volume. This pump has more to do with China than ever before, and for all we know, 90% of it could just be a computer algorithm churning out numbers.

Well I know how it feels after losing all my bitcoin (at the time) in bitcoinica. If I still had those bitcoin I'd be a lot better off.Yes I've been kicked in the balls but instead of crying about the unfairness I bought more and came up with a secure strategy which is still working for me now. This is bitcoin early days still.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
MatTheBrokeCat?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

Where has it gone?

i'll bet that gox took out a vast number of the bitcoin old guard, but they were very, very stupid to remain in there until the end.

as for bitfinex, i see a lot of people rage quitting only to sneak on back a few days later. but i'm sure a lot of people have been burnt and walked away.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
mat the ideal strategy for you is just buy and hold for 2+ years. after that you can decide to sell or not Smiley

Where has it gone?

legendary
Sure Matt, put all your trust/faith in Gold. You know, the stuff that no one will ever know who has what amounts (if any), and as long as naked short sellers can put their boot on through an endless amount of derivatives, will never go anywhere.

On the grander scheme of things, gold is real wealth, and always will be so long as humanity continues to exist in the physical 3 dimensional world in which it has always existed. Gold will still be a highly valued commodity and representation of wealth long after Bitcoin has become a digital museum piece. That is the crucial difference.

Gold, Silver, and Bitcoin  is a well balanced portfolio (for me at least). I think precious metals will one day surprise everyone when the manipulation finally ends and potentially bitcoin problems become apparent. But through holding bitcoin I've managed to increase holding of gold and silver but only because bitcoin keeps growing so much faster (so far)
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
Sure Matt, put all your trust/faith in Gold. You know, the stuff that no one will ever know who has what amounts (if any), and as long as naked short sellers can put their boot on through an endless amount of derivatives, will never go anywhere.

On the grander scheme of things, gold is real wealth, and always will be so long as humanity continues to exist in the physical 3 dimensional world in which it has always existed. Gold will still be a highly valued commodity and representation of wealth long after Bitcoin has become a digital museum piece. That is the crucial difference.

The only thing those shiny rocks are good for is coating the pins on my processors (err sockets, depending)! Wink

legendary
Matt months ago I told you bitcoin is bullish don't fight the trend. You should have listened mate, buy and hodl, so easy when you know how.

edit: and don't hold it on an exchange

If traders can't trust the exchanges, then they can't trust the market.

Where is Bitcoin being pumped up right now?

On the exchanges!

On the Chinese exchanges that is!

USD vol is looking deliriously thin.

You all think you can trust a bunch of Chinese financial cowboys operating beyond the reach of any moral code or written law?

When Bitcoin finally evaporates into dust, taking everyone's notional wealth (denominated in USD of course), I will not be the least bit surprised.

I hope Mat has become millionaire with his bearish stance  Grin

I touted Bitcoin to go to $1500 back in September m8. The call is posted near the same place as I stated that I wouldn't be touching Bitcoin ever again.

Sure, Bitcoin is looking like it will go to $1500. But it is as likely to go to $5000, as it is to implode on the following day.......chinese Bitcoin Cowboy shenanigans aside, all it takes to murder Bitcoin is a word from the PBOC. Meanwhile, there are loads of stocks from established corporations that are performing way better than Bitcoin this past year. If someone is gonna invest, why take the huge systemic risks involved with Bitcoin? It just doesn't make any sense.

legendary
Matt months ago I told you bitcoin is bullish don't fight the trend. You should have listened mate, buy and hodl, so easy when you know how.

On the exchanges!

You all think you can trust a bunch of Chinese financial cowboys operating beyond the reach of any moral code or written law?

When Bitcoin finally evaporates into dust, taking everyone's notional wealth (denominated in USD of course), I will not be the least bit surprised.

I touted Bitcoin to go to $1500 back in September m8. The call is posted near the same place as I stated that I wouldn't be touching Bitcoin ever again.

Sure, Bitcoin is looking like it will go to $1500. But it is as likely to go to $5000, as it is to implode on the following day.......chinese Bitcoin Cowboy shenanigans aside, all it takes to murder Bitcoin is a word from the PBOC. Meanwhile, there are loads of stocks from established corporations that are performing way better than Bitcoin this past year. If someone is gonna invest, why take the huge systemic risks involved with Bitcoin? It just doesn't make any sense.

On the exchanges!

Activity: 744
Merit: 500
I hope Mat has become millionaire with his bearish stance  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: