Pages:
Author

Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A! - page 14. (Read 85769 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Hillary will get into power, the populace shall whine and bitch before eventually going back to sleep, and Hillary will start a war with Russia, which will cause strength in the dollar and weakness in other currencies, such as the Ruble, and the Renminbi.......

THE MAT THE CAT REVERSE INDICATOR ON ELECTION IS IN.

The r0ach direct indicator is also in:

Dow down, metals and bitcoin up on Hillary being re-indicted news.  When Trump wins, in order to re-industrialize America he has to devalue the dollar.  The easiest way to do that when you're the world reserve currency is to stop manipulating gold and silver downwards and let them run loose.  Expect metals to skyrocket when Trump wins, and Bitcoin will probably go up on a weakened dollar too.  Of course, everything in Comex and the ETFs is unallocated and leveraged 50-100:1, so unless you physically hold it you have nothing.

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Bitcoin going up, 85 cents spread between US and China on silver, and US officially outed as a banana republic by wikileaks with (((media and bankers))) trying to rig the election = the end is near.

But media and establishment politicians are simply ignoring the wikileaks revelations (although the Trump campaign certainly aren't), and the election will be rigged, Hillary will get into power, the populace shall whine and bitch before eventually going back to sleep, and Hillary will start a war with Russia, which will cause strength in the dollar and weakness in other currencies, such as the Ruble, and the Renminbi.......

.....as you know....I have zero long term faith in Bitcoin and I have experienced first hand that none of the major price discovery facilities (i.e. the exchanges) can be trusted. With that said, I could see Bitcoin getting up to $1500 with it's next big drive up.....so am bullish on Bitcoin, although I amn't holding any (or not much) and shall never do so ever again.
legendary
Bitcoin going up, 85 cents spread between US and China on silver, and US officially outed as a banana republic by wikileaks with (((media and bankers))) trying to rig the election = the end is near.
legendary
Activity: 1414
He excluded popular addresses and I presume is not including exchange volume which is internal to that system, its not recorded on the blockchain till it exits the exchange to another address.  

The same coins being exchanged on the blockchain by different users is monetary velocity which is very high for bitcoin I believe and it adds value to the market cap of the whole system.   Each transaction has a purpose, we cant assume everyone is pretending to have a purpose to their use of bitcoin.
   If bitcoin is reliably conveying value across the globe and for really low cost, no foreign exchange fees is really useful.   This is a product with an easy to see utility to it, it literally saves me money to use bitcoin and its amazing if I can find another user to exchange value with.   Neither of us needs to be paying bank fees.   Everytime that happens its reducing costs, improving value for bitcoin I think.  Isnt that just normal considered use for anyone in the world, nothing complicated to argue about.

Last time I used a bank to pay somebody 3,000 miles away they ended costing me 7% fees, incredible they can do this but it was my mistake to bother using them.  It was a USA company and I was sending dollars but apparently they didnt like it or it should have been cheaper

At this time, bitcoin value is 100% speculation, it's nothing more than gambling. Maybe someday people will actually use it for what it was designed to be used for - spending. Maybe then, it will have gained some inherent value as a tool. Now? it's the joke of the outside world, and a gamble for anyone playing with it.

I would be very, very happy to take yours or anybody else's dirty worthless fiat off your hands. Let me know your Paypal address and I will send a request. We both know that won't happen though, because we know you are full of shit. The USD is about to enter a period of deflation, fyi.

Depends where you live but bitcoin can be more stable then the available national currency.   Nobody would refuse the dirty worthless bitcoin either, if its free its good.   The USD has inflation higher then its national base rate of interest, this rate cannot be raised in line with inflation as it is linked to 20 trillion of debt.   Much of this debt is short term, the government cannot pay its budget outgoings without issuing more debt, increasing the ceiling to its debt in order to pay the debt.    
I also think this is straight forward, its unlikely either political party will return the fiscal budget to surplus, will run a trade surplus, will repay the debt or will be able to raise interest rates above inflation.   USD mostly relies on foreign use and holders of its currency in order to continue a stable course, its unknown how that will result but I think the currency will be weak not self determined.
If you earn and hold a weak currency, hedging your bets with another less impaired asset is quite a sensible gamble.   Most buy a house but a small amount of bitcoin for cash isnt unwise if its usable and practical and it is

What you say makes sense, but sometimes things are counterintutive. Just because the US government holds lots of debt doesn't mean USD will become inflated. It's actually scarce among the average person working their ass off in the US to pay bills. What is more important to look at is it's relation to other currencies to see it's value, and it's looking good. I think deflation and a legit depression actually is pretty likely in the near future, rather than hyperinflation. The reason they don't raise interest rates is not because it is "linked to $20trillion in debt", it is because they are fighting the onset of deflation. They don't want people saving their money, they want them spending and investing it to keep the economy going.
As far as bitcoin, yes you are correct it makes sense to send it across continents compared to something retarded like a wire transfer. However, you still pay fees on both ends, and for the most part each party is wanting to transfer back to fiat, which adds more fees and steps.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
He excluded popular addresses and I presume is not including exchange volume which is internal to that system, its not recorded on the blockchain till it exits the exchange to another address.  

The same coins being exchanged on the blockchain by different users is monetary velocity which is very high for bitcoin I believe and it adds value to the market cap of the whole system.   Each transaction has a purpose, we cant assume everyone is pretending to have a purpose to their use of bitcoin.
   If bitcoin is reliably conveying value across the globe and for really low cost, no foreign exchange fees is really useful.   This is a product with an easy to see utility to it, it literally saves me money to use bitcoin and its amazing if I can find another user to exchange value with.   Neither of us needs to be paying bank fees.   Everytime that happens its reducing costs, improving value for bitcoin I think.  Isnt that just normal considered use for anyone in the world, nothing complicated to argue about.

Last time I used a bank to pay somebody 3,000 miles away they ended costing me 7% fees, incredible they can do this but it was my mistake to bother using them.  It was a USA company and I was sending dollars but apparently they didnt like it or it should have been cheaper

At this time, bitcoin value is 100% speculation, it's nothing more than gambling. Maybe someday people will actually use it for what it was designed to be used for - spending. Maybe then, it will have gained some inherent value as a tool. Now? it's the joke of the outside world, and a gamble for anyone playing with it.

I would be very, very happy to take yours or anybody else's dirty worthless fiat off your hands. Let me know your Paypal address and I will send a request. We both know that won't happen though, because we know you are full of shit. The USD is about to enter a period of deflation, fyi.

Depends where you live but bitcoin can be more stable then the available national currency.   Nobody would refuse the dirty worthless bitcoin either, if its free its good.   The USD has inflation higher then its national base rate of interest, this rate cannot be raised in line with inflation as it is linked to 20 trillion of debt.   Much of this debt is short term, the government cannot pay its budget outgoings without issuing more debt, increasing the ceiling to its debt in order to pay the debt.    
I also think this is straight forward, its unlikely either political party will return the fiscal budget to surplus, will run a trade surplus, will repay the debt or will be able to raise interest rates above inflation.   USD mostly relies on foreign use and holders of its currency in order to continue a stable course, its unknown how that will result but I think the currency will be weak not self determined.
If you earn and hold a weak currency, hedging your bets with another less impaired asset is quite a sensible gamble.   Most buy a house but a small amount of bitcoin for cash isnt unwise if its usable and practical and it is
legendary
I dunno, Roach. Bitcoin still isn't being used as a currency, its value is still mostly based on speculation. Your chart repeat prediction isn't happening anytime soon imo.

[...] At this time, bitcoin value is 100% speculation, it's nothing more than gambling. [...]

How much, today, is gold being used as a currency?

The problem most of us have (including myself) is trying to quantify Bitcoin into existing (asset) classes.
Is it a currency? Is it digital gold? Is it a smart contract? Is it a payment system? Et cetera, et cetera.

Bitcoin is all of that at the same time, and much more we haven't figured out yet. Bitcoin already has incredible value and yes potentially much more, depending on new use cases figured out each day and it's adoption.

Therefore I disagree strongly it is 100% speculation, that is simply untrue. Example.

Gold can be used for jewelry so gaudy people can do their thing.
You bet the value of bitcoin is 100% based on speculation. If you took away mining farm manipulation, daytraders and those who buy and  hold for a future price increase what you would have left wouldn't create a value over $10 I would guess, maybe less. As far as mass adoption, in case you haven't heard bitcoin doesn't scale. The network couldn't even support a single major city that decided to use it for all of their daily transactions.

What exactly do you think will happen when most of the coins have been mined - do you think the network hashrate will be high enough to support the transactions that are occuring today? do you really believe mining farms will be in operation for the transaction fees alone? or do you think the network will crash? I think at some point bitcoin mining will be abandoned - probably during the next two halvings, maybe sooner.

Let's stop betting and use some figures :

[img]https://i.imgur.com/53UfCoi.png[/img

Price and transaction volume excluding popular address (such as exchange, so speaking about use there) are correlated by 72% since genesis block, and the variation of price is explained by a degree of 52% by the variation of transaction volume excluding popular address (all of these being statistically significant with an high t statistic value). and then you say use doesn't matter ?  Grin mate use figure, they are the only one to speak the truth...

Whatever, bunch of gobbligook.
Anyway, anyone with half a brain knows most of the exchange volume is in China on exchanges with zero transaction fees, it's the same f'g coins being batted back and forth, over and over. What I would like to see is data on are real purchases - people actually using bitcoin as a currency.

Are you able to read Huh?

I can't read whatever foreign language shit you posted.
I trust in the USD right now. All other fiat currencies are depreciating against it, and this will continue. The skinniest kid at fat camp, the best house in a bad neighborhood, the US economy is entering a into a period of deflation. That's not to say bitcoin couldn't explode at the same time - it isn't a currency, it's a betting tool.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Yeah....gonna have to wisen up and make the mental jump I think......sure, Bitcoin dangles stunning returns in trader's faces, much as the carnival dangles glittering prizes in unsuspecting punters faces, but the games that are on offer, are from the back end, designed to offer very poor odds of success.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Since you're the weakest hands trader on earth, I'm 100% positive you were out of the market when it went from $454 to $460.  Now you're going to wait on the sidelines for days praying for a drop, then it will just explode upward forcing you to FOMO buy.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
I dunno, Roach. Bitcoin still isn't being used as a currency, its value is still mostly based on speculation. Your chart repeat prediction isn't happening anytime soon imo.

[...] At this time, bitcoin value is 100% speculation, it's nothing more than gambling. [...]

The problem most of us have (including myself) is trying to quantify Bitcoin into existing (asset) classes.
Is it a currency? Is it digital gold? Is it a smart contract? Is it a payment system? Et cetera, et cetera.

Bitcoin is all of that at the same time, and much more we haven't figured out yet. Bitcoin already has incredible value and yes potentially much more, depending on new use cases figured out each day and it's adoption.

Therefore I disagree strongly it is 100% speculation, that is simply untrue. Example.

You bet the value of bitcoin is 100% based on speculation. If you took away mining farm manipulation, daytraders and those who buy and  hold for a future price increase what you would have left wouldn't create a value over $10 I would guess, maybe less. As far as mass adoption, in case you haven't heard bitcoin doesn't scale. The network couldn't even support a single major city that decided to use it for all of their daily transactions.

What exactly do you think will happen when most of the coins have been mined - do you think the network hashrate will be high enough to support the transactions that are occuring today? do you really believe mining farms will be in operation for the transaction fees alone? or do you think the network will crash? I think at some point bitcoin mining will be abandoned - probably during the next two halvings, maybe sooner.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/53UfCoi.png[/img

Price and transaction volume excluding popular address (such as exchange, so speaking about use there) are correlated by 72% since genesis block, and the variation of price is explained by a degree of 52% by the variation of transaction volume excluding popular address (all of these being statistically significant with an high t statistic value). and then you say use doesn't matter ?  Grin mate use figure, they are the only one to speak the truth...

Anyway, anyone with half a brain knows most of the exchange volume is in China on exchanges with zero transaction fees, it's the same f'g coins being batted back and forth, over and over. What I would like to see is data on are real purchases - people actually using bitcoin as a currency.

Are you able to read Huh?
legendary

Price and transaction volume excluding popular address (such as exchange, so speaking about use there) are correlated by 72% since genesis block, and the variation of price is explained by a degree of 52% by the variation of transaction volume excluding popular address (all of these being statistically significant with an high t statistic value). and then you say use doesn't matter ?  Grin mate use figure, they are the only one to speak the truth...

legendary

... the thing about idiots is they never know when its time to stfu ...  Cheesy

Keep going and we'll have to give you an honorary MatTheCat replacement title

Unless you have something of subtstance to say, gtfo.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo

... the thing about idiots is they never know when its time to stfu ...  Cheesy

Keep going and we'll have to give you an honorary MatTheCat replacement title
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

Price and transaction volume excluding popular address (such as exchange, so speaking about use there) are correlated by 72% since genesis block, and the variation of price is explained by a degree of 52% by the variation of transaction volume excluding popular address (all of these being statistically significant with an high t statistic value). and then you say use doesn't matter ?  Grin mate use figure, they are the only one to speak the truth...
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2242
Merit: 3523
Flippin' burgers since 1163.

legendary
" Gold is used as currency for its elemental properties, its not a coincidence that it ended up as money and I think even if it were ugly or really not used at all it might still be used to pass value.  People have to figure this one out for themselves, but my spin is like fiat paper is ultimately only used in paying taxes and doesnt get a use otherwise.   A problem can occur then I guess if all business takes a loss and needs to pay no tax.    Gold could actually be the more practical of the two, paper is only really equal to a receipt given after payment.  Right now the whole world is passing round receipts hoping it relates to some actual transaction by somebody?
  If nobody wants the no cost paper like they dont want the no cost sand then its a problem then, supply of these commodities exceeds demand and value will transcend quickly to other standards like the copper in China or gold or bitcoin just because its fast to transmit and alot easier then tons of sand :p:"

In the first place, this so called worthless paper you speak of buys everything you want, not just paying your taxes. In the second place, if you really want to go with the logic of currency lacking inherent value, bitcoin is as worthless as you can get - it's not even paper, it's simply a number on your computer screen, not backed by anything or anyone.

STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
Do you have some statistics to back up your claim that the average lifespan of a fiat currency is 27 years?

27 is likely correct if you include currency where the government declares a value as a function of itself.  ie. the Rouble now is not the original, I believe the last big swap involved an exchange of 1000 new Rouble to one new Rouble.  
Everytime that happens the currency failed basically, so yea 27 years is highly likely as an average in that case across the world.   The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe revalued on 1 August 2006 at a ratio of 1,000 ZWD to each second dollar  so that was a failure also, eventually the second standard failed but in any case people were wiped in the first instance also.   Not absolutely perhaps but to arbitrarily alter value via your central bank without warning is basically a broken currency, capitalism revolves open exchange and a market set price mostly variable.  
Right now the west has fixed interest rates but not always fixed exchange rates.  Gold is an unfixed rate, currency within the EURO is being fixed and causing problems to its separate nation states. Likely that will precede a failure of some kind in the standard unless the nations all agree to share budgets and debt maybe then it makes sense

This is all fundamental discussion not speculation or analysis of price action, first rule is dont have an opinion just read the tape ?

lot's of irredeemable paper IOUs with no cost to create.  

If there is no cost, then what's the problem?

Theres a cost to everything I guess but if the cost of receiving the item exceeds its worth to you after receipt then you are not any richer and its useless in conveying value.    Paper money can be burnt, even sand on the beach can be used and I believe it is 'stolen' at times for cheap use in construction depending on the area.   China business was in recent years using copper as currency briefly instead of paper, not actually ever using it
   Gold is used as currency for its elemental properties, its not a coincidence that it ended up as money and I think even if it were ugly or really not used at all it might still be used to pass value.  People have to figure this one out for themselves, but my spin is like fiat paper is ultimately only used in paying taxes and doesnt get a use otherwise.   A problem can occur then I guess if all business takes a loss and needs to pay no tax.    Gold could actually be the more practical of the two, paper is only really equal to a receipt given after payment.  Right now the whole world is passing round receipts hoping it relates to some actual transaction by somebody?
  If nobody wants the no cost paper like they dont want the no cost sand then its a problem then, supply of these commodities exceeds demand and value will transcend quickly to other standards like the copper in China or gold or bitcoin just because its fast to transmit and alot easier then tons of sand :p
legendary
legendary
Well, the MatTheCat reverse indicator and the r0ach direct indicator seems to have worked flawlessly:

(from 1 month ago):

https://steemit.com/money/@r0achtheunsavory/bitcoin-market-in-one-picture-without-commentary

legendary
The new MatTheCat posts in shitcoin theads, the account has most definately changed hands. I agree MatDerKater sure sounds like Matt. No matter what you say about his terrible trading, it really fucking sucks these exchanges stole his btc. Anyone who says he shouldn't have kept value on them - fuck you, there isn't any other way to trade with any effectiveness.
Pages:
Jump to: