Pages:
Author

Topic: Lost Bitcoins - page 3. (Read 1183 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 100
July 21, 2018, 02:05:20 AM
When will we hit a critical point at which there's just too many lost bitcoins due to someone loosing their wallets, dying or corrupted hard drives and etc? At some point this is bound to happen right?
I know that for the time being, low circulating supply means that the coin will increase in value but how low can it get before it starts to give diminishing returns and actually inflict damage to the system? What would happen to crypto in general if all of the coins and altcoins will suffer the same ending?
How do you even know when there are lost Bitcoin? How can you tell, when everything is private or so (I don’t know how to tell it, but it will be really hard to find out when there are lost coins, unless maybe they will start to be checking out which wallets or addresses are inactive and when they see inactive wallet and addresses they shift the coins in to exchanges or so.Another thing is that when there are not enough coin in circulation, the price for a coin will be very high.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
July 18, 2018, 06:33:19 AM
When will we hit a critical point at which there's just too many lost bitcoins due to someone loosing their wallets, dying or corrupted hard drives and etc? At some point this is bound to happen right?
I know that for the time being, low circulating supply means that the coin will increase in value but how low can it get before it starts to give diminishing returns and actually inflict damage to the system? What would happen to crypto in general if all of the coins and altcoins will suffer the same ending?

Someone losses their wallets because before the value of bitcoin was not much valuable which Is very low value rate, so they don't  care about their even It will lost. And now they're trying to find their wallets because they notice that the value of bitcoin really huge  unlike before past about 4 years ago.
Activity: 462
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
July 18, 2018, 06:21:54 AM
I think that's a good thing. Those lost coins will forever be held and neer converted. So basically we are assured that these coins will not be sold no matter what. I think at some point that these coins will be returned to the owners or something. It just sucks for the owners to lose them. I would definitely cry if that happens to me
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
July 18, 2018, 05:57:46 AM
why? even if 90% of the BTC is lost we will just be using the remaining 10% and it will be 10x more expensive. That's all
Again: nothing will happen, the price of the remaining assets will be higher and that is all.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
July 18, 2018, 05:15:01 AM
The imagination is far beyond the reality , There are still millions of bitcoins still to be mined. and i don't think someone with 1000 or 1500 bitcoin would just let in get lost or make it un accessible to his/her near ones. However there might be cases with tiny portion of total circulated coins being lost resulting no effect.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 18, 2018, 05:01:04 AM

Pitiful when the distracted idea of an individual begins to repeat when we don't need it to happen when we require that memory to open a bitcoin virtual wallet. So it is better, we generally move down every one of the information that exist on the off chance that that the distracted idea of a human that happens again and make a misfortune against our own.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝
July 18, 2018, 04:40:24 AM
What a careless world we have if that ever happens. But for the sake of your imagination, then the cryptomarket will be in chaos as none of these cryptocurrencies will be used anymore. No more transactions will be made which equates to a dead cryptoworld.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
July 18, 2018, 04:35:55 AM
Yes, it's sad. Almost 4 million bitcoins are lost forever. In the future, even more bitcoins will be lost, but the growth rate of this indicator will significantly decrease, because their current value motivates people to take a much more careful attitude to the storage of cryptocurrency.
Where did you get the number 4 million? Do you have a source?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
July 18, 2018, 04:33:12 AM
Sad when the forgetful nature of a human being starts to recur when we do not want it to happen when we need that memory to open a bitcoin virtual wallet. So it is better, we always back up all the data that exist in case that the forgetful nature of a human that happens again and make a loss against our own.
Activity: 476
July 18, 2018, 04:21:48 AM
I would think tht we should just mive on from that. I mean how else will the system is know tgat a particular wallet containing crypto currency has lost access by the owner? Is it the logs? But what if another wallets from another person just doesn't open their wallets. I mean if the Bitcoin or any crypto currency is lost then so be it.
Activity: 151
Merit: 2
July 18, 2018, 02:00:03 AM
Bitcoin still remains the best despite the issue of fallen. However I still believe that bitcoin rules the cryptocurrency althrough
There is no doubt about that. Despite the fall, People have been holding their crypto and hope to find a green market. This is the just because of the potential of the Bitcoin that was witnessed last year in the form of profit. Right now, we have a rise in the value of the coin and this rise attracted some potential investors as a result of which the prices will experience an up thrust which is something much desired.
Activity: 481
Merit: 251
July 17, 2018, 08:02:19 AM
Yes, it's sad. Almost 4 million bitcoins are lost forever. In the future, even more bitcoins will be lost, but the growth rate of this indicator will significantly decrease, because their current value motivates people to take a much more careful attitude to the storage of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
July 15, 2018, 04:36:52 AM
while the bitcoin proprietor is lifeless, or the hard pressure is broken, it isn't an error. and that i assume it is not an absolute factor which could make bitcoin lost in the marketplace. due to the fact if bitcoin is misplaced at no cost, there need to be extra get better.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
July 14, 2018, 09:24:23 PM
It is so hard to move on when you lost your bitcoin like for example, forgot password or lost back up phrase for account recovery and that is why it is best to keep a hard copy of the back up phrase and also the password of your wallet so if ever that you forgot or lost your soft copy of your back up phrase then you have a back up.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
July 14, 2018, 06:54:09 PM
right so many people lost their bitcoin because simple thing like forgot the password,we know that bitcoin supply always decreasing if people still lost bitcoin
Activity: 392
July 14, 2018, 06:45:27 PM
I believe that at this time you should limit and almost no trade, you can see that the crypto market is constantly fluctuating and difficult to guess, bitcoin prices are constantly falling and with the variation I think the bitcoin price will probably continue to drop further as the market is in downtrend.

I think that at this point you should stand outside the market waiting for bitcoin to recover again to resume trading.
Activity: 238
July 14, 2018, 05:39:22 PM
In this world of cryptocurrency it is a must to secure your own copy of your important details, bad things happen everytime you must prepare for it, if anything happen to your bitcoin information probably lost then you don't have to worry because you have back up copy.

And as always it depends on you personally. You need to keep your password and keys in some safe place maybe not on your computer but on a piece of paper.
Activity: 378
July 14, 2018, 10:49:48 AM

Lost bitcoins are lost forever because we are using wallets today that are multi ecnrypted since the purpose of your wallets is to safely hide your coins from hackers.
Activity: 462
July 14, 2018, 10:36:56 AM
The more people lose Bitcoins or the more the number of lost Bitcoins increase, then the more the price of Bitcoin will increase and it will become even more costly. The price is something that is being determined by the rate of supply and that of demand. But I don’t think it will be easy to tell when Bitcoins are lost🤔 that will be a really hard job for the computer.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
July 13, 2018, 11:04:31 PM
If someone has lost a lot of BTC and can't get it back, this may be a good thing for the BTC trading market, as it will at least reduce the number of orders on the market.
if you mean losing during trading,  price of bitcoin has decreased. i think on the contrary, it's more sells than to buy bitcoin. but if patience to hold, I'm sure will receive profit
Pages:
Jump to: