Pages:
Author

Topic: LOTS of connection problems for everyone! - page 4. (Read 11531 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
i have my router settings open but doesnt th Internet IP address settings change each time i connect?  its set on Get Dynamically from ISP
legendary
No, by default VMware puts you in a NAT network. You have to change it to Bridged network so that your virtual machine can connect straight to your home network. It's the lower right conner of VMware machine and looks like <...>

To get a static IP in Windows go Start>Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing center>Change Adapter Settings
Right click on Local Area Connection>Status>Properties>Internet Protocol Version 4>Properties
Change to "Use the following IP" and enter the appropriate IP, Subnet mask, Default gateway and DNS server.
Check "Validate on exit" and press OK. That's it.

ok, almost there.  don't leave me.  what do i put in for ip address, subnet mask, default gateway, and dns servers?
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
No, by default VMware puts you in a NAT network. You have to change it to Bridged network so that your virtual machine can connect straight to your home network. It's the lower right conner of VMware machine and looks like <...>

To get a static IP in Windows go Start>Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing center>Change Adapter Settings
Right click on Local Area Connection>Status>Properties>Internet Protocol Version 4>Properties
Change to "Use the following IP" and enter the appropriate IP, Subnet mask, Default gateway and DNS server.
Check "Validate on exit" and press OK. That's it.
legendary
doesn't checking the UPnP button in the preferences of the Windows Bitcoin client take care of this?
legendary
Open the 8333 port

thx, seems to have fixed it for me went from 5-10 connections to 80+

how do i open 8333 on a macbook pro?  i run both macOS and win7 on this laptop (thru VMware Fusion).

Open Windows in VMware Fusion and then choose "Bridged" network(lower right corner). Also, set a static IP address in Windows. Then open/forward 8333 port from your router to that IP address.

You cannon make more than one client listen on 8333 port if you are behind a router

Bridged network is not an option (lower right corner of Win7).  also how do i set a static ip address and which one do i choose?  do i want to port trigger or port forward my netgear router?
Open the 8333 port

how do i open 8333 on a macbook pro?  i run both macOS and win7 on this laptop (thru VMware Fusion).

Open Windows in VMware Fusion and then choose "Bridged" network(lower right corner). Also, set a static IP address in Windows. Then open/forward 8333 port from your router to that IP address.

You cannon make more than one client listen on 8333 port if you are behind a router
legendary
Open the 8333 port

I have a nice shiny 114 connections. Huh

What did you change to allow you to get more than eight connections?

Open the 8333 port

whats the equivalent terminal commands for Win 7 to add nodes?

On a 32bit system you do something like:
Code:
cd c:\program files\bitcoin

Code:
bitcoin.exe -addnode=69.164.218.197 -addnode=64.22.103.150 -addnode=173.242.112.53 -addnode=178.79.147.99 -addnode=184.106.111.41 -addnode=91.85.220.84 -addnode=173.224.125.222 -addnode=86.5.50.90 -addnode=178.255.199.86

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Open the 8333 port

legendary
I have a nice shiny 114 connections. Huh

What did you change to allow you to get more than eight connections?

Open the 8333 port

whats the equivalent terminal commands for Win 7 to add nodes?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
okay, solved my "no new blocks coming in" problem by uninstalling bitcoin, erasing the database folder, and reinstalling bitcoin.  ::shrug::  sometimes you just have to use a sledgehammer...
Well, 8 connections is usually a sign of port 8333 being closed. Which protocol did you open 8333 port on your computer, TCP or UDP? Try opening both

opened it with UDP, doesn't seem to help.  still only 8 connections.  and no new blocks.

edit:  i am mapping these ports in "Network Connections" and I checked the box in the Bitcoin GUI for "Map port using Upnp"

is there another step i am leaving out?

at this pt i wouldn't complain about "only" 8 connections

lol, yeah the no new blocks coming in is a bigger pain.
legendary
Well, 8 connections is usually a sign of port 8333 being closed. Which protocol did you open 8333 port on your computer, TCP or UDP? Try opening both

opened it with UDP, doesn't seem to help.  still only 8 connections.  and no new blocks.

edit:  i am mapping these ports in "Network Connections" and I checked the box in the Bitcoin GUI for "Map port using Upnp"

at this pt i wouldn't complain about "only" 8 connections
I'm not overly familiar with XP. You should open ports in your firewall in XP - I'm not sure if it's under "Network Connections"

i have been trying all day to get bitcoin to receive more blocks with no luck.  i have disabled windows security center and shut down the virus protection software, added 8333 port, -addnode'd 6 IPs, and still no luck.  getting 8 (only 8 ) connections but no new blocks...  is there something else to try?  or is it possibly dsl? (it has been wonky all day)

You need to open/forward port 8333 on your router
If you have already 8 connections it should be just a matter of time
To try a quick fix, you could download the whole blockchain manually and then copy it to your Roaming\Bitcoin folder. Search this forum for a link

i am just using a modem, no router.
You could try a rescan. I'm not sure how to do this on windows but using a linux box its

Code:
/path/to/bitcoin/bin/64/bitcoin -rescan

on windows XP it would be:

click start
click run
type: cmd
hit enter
in the command line type: cd\program files\bitcoin
hit enter
then type bitcoin -rescan
hit enter

i have been trying all day to get bitcoin to receive more blocks with no luck.  i have disabled windows security center and shut down the virus protection software, added 8333 port, -addnode'd 6 IPs, and still no luck.  getting 8 (only 8 ) connections but no new blocks...  is there something else to try?  or is it possibly dsl? (it has been wonky all day)

You need to open/forward port 8333 on your router
If you have already 8 connections it should be just a matter of time
To try a quick fix, you could download the whole blockchain manually and then copy it to your Roaming\Bitcoin folder. Search this forum for a link
You could try a rescan. I'm not sure how to do this on windows but using a linux box its

Code:

on windows XP it would be:

click start
click run
type: cmd
hit enter
in the command line type: cd\program files\bitcoin
hit enter
then type bitcoin -rescan
hit enter

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Code:
Pages:
Jump to: