Pages:
Author

Topic: Lots of network issues with several Vertcoin pools [solved] [nope, not solved] - page 2. (Read 516 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
I used to use the meijin modded ccminer, but nowadays i use excavator for lyra2rev2, it's faster on my setup by about 15%, give it a try, i'll be interested to see if other people see the improvements like me.

Cheers.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
I don't think either ccminer or vertminer are scamming* me, per se; they both accepted my vertcoin address, received work from the pool and submitted solutions that were accepted (though quite a few were marked stale or "boooo"). The main problem I am concerned about here is with poor network connectivity and so far I've experienced such with every single pool.

As I am just starting with mining I am concentrating on reasonably profitable coins with a low payout threshold so I don't have to wait too long to find out the software isn't working right or my coins are going to the wrong address, etc. I am specifically avoiding the most profitable coins, however, so I don't run into massive difficulty spikes from, e.g., Nicehash miners (though I guess that's not so much of an issue now that they got hacked).

* - that said, the first pool that I seemed to have the most network reliability with - though still not 100% - was poolmining.org, however after totaling up some 3000+ shares I noticed no pending balance and checked the support section where, lo-n-behold, a bunch of other people were complaining about the same thing. Finally one of the admins admitted that there was a problem with the payment processor and, so sorry, any work from the last 12 hours is gone. Gone for you, maybe, but not them, I suspect.

Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
I recommend using the Nanashi ccminer v2.2-mod-r2 which is modded specifically for Lyra2RE2. I think it was modded by and for monacoin miners. You can get it here:

https://github.com/Nanashi-Meiyo-Meijin/ccminer/releases

I have been using it with 5 x 1060s, 4 x 1070s and 1 x 1080 on my own vertcoin P2Pool node and i'm getting 345-350mh/s with all GPUs core +120, mem -500, powerlimit 105%. Setting the powerlimit high means  it's using a lot of watts, but the reported hash-rate is actually agreeing with the pools I have tried (best results using my own P2Pool-vertcoin node, which is actually pretty easy to set up).

I have had it mining stable for many consecutive days, to my own vertcoin-qt wallet which has the payout address set in the P2Pool node. I have also used it to mine at the miningpoolhub.com Lyra2RE2 coin switching port (swapping between vertcoin and monacoin) and although it doesn't report hash-rate as high as P2Pool, it's pretty close and still stable.

My experience with this ccminer has been fine - it happily accepts my VTC wallet address after -u and doesn't scam me or crash. 
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
There are several issues:
Number one: pool operators want to hog all the money to themselves. Notice how miningpoolhub.com has exact instructions to mine every other coin, except vertcoin, which just refers you to some forum somewhere, but the hyperlink just loops back to the exact same page.

Number 2: the software is loaded with scammers. Every single brand of software I've used only mines for the writer of the software or it locks up if you enter your own VTC or BTC address.

Number 3: Anyone who is mining it wants it all to themselves, so they sure aren't going to help YOU out. They will intentionally publish non-functioning software that scams all the money to themselves. This is why actual, functioning software is hard to find.

So, there is a war on between the scum and the honest people, as usual, and when you call them on it, you can get accused of overreacting.

I talked to one dev via email, and I asked him to show me (Awesome Miner) how to make his software actually WORK. On various Youtube videos, it was a few clicks, choose a pool, bam, done.

After endless hours of trying everything, I talked to the dev, and he said a new version was coming out "in fifteen minutes."

Sure.

There is a war on against YOU mining with the profitable Lyra2REV2 algo.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
I seem to be getting a lot of "Stratum_recv_line failed" errors and outright disconnects from the pool with both Vertminer and CCMiner-x64, and this is happening on several different pools. Since I am getting a slightly better hashrate with Vertminer I am using it for now, and the only command line switches I am using (besides the necessary ones to specify url:port and address) are "-D" for debug mode and "-r 3" to limit the number of retries in the event of failure.

I am trying to stick to Network 2 where possible since I am using my existing hardware to just try this mining stuff out and it isn't exactly ideal for the task (a GTX 1050 Ti) but at least when mining Ubiq for 1 week I received a little over 2.5 coins; at the rate things are going with VTC I can expect 1 coin in 2 weeks, maybe.

Pages:
Jump to: