Pages:
Author

Topic: Low Hashrate Mining Ethereum with GeForce GTX 1070 on MinerGate - page 2. (Read 59204 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
dont use minergate own software to mine with gpu. it just not optimized. i am using a gtx 1070 as well. i am using ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1.6-pre and it gives me arround 25 MH/s stock mode and 31.1 MS/s overclocked. i am using a minergate pool. search on downloads tab on alternative miners section way down., i hope it helps.

ps. sorry if i misspelled some words. English is not my native language
Activity: 25
Don't go thru minergate, download claymore 9.4 read the instructions and mine directly on Dwarfpool.

Make sure to have your own Ethereum wallet address where you can get payouts.

Is that part of the problem is MinerGate's software is not optimized for GeForce cards or something?  I had heard about using Ethminer to mine with, but then when I tried to research it further, I read that you cannot mine on the current blockchain with Ethminer for some reason.  (Not sure if this had anything to do with the fork of Ethereum that created both ETH and ETC?)  Otherwise, I was coming up short trying to find decent mining software to run in order to try to mine Ethereum with.

I believe that I do already have a separate Ethereum wallet that I can use for mining payouts.  I created a Mist Ethereum wallet and I also have an ETH wallet on Coinbase, but I am not sure if I can use that for mining as Coinbase for some reason advises against using your account for sending mining payouts to.

As far as using Dwarfpool, I had also read to NOT use them as they are accumulating way too much hashing power (close to 50% of the total Ethereum network hashrate, if not more than that now?).  In order to help decentralize the Ethereum blockchain, it is highly advised to find other, smaller pools to mine on.  For BitCoin, I'm mining on Kano's pool as they are still a relatively smaller pool (and they actually have VERY good payouts!).  I wish Kano would also develop an Ethereum Mining Pool (or even for other altcoins as well), but I know that is a lot of work and is probably asking a lot.  If I could mine Ethereum on Kano's Pool though, I definitely would.

-Thanks!

Activity: 873
Merit: 268
I am not sure if anyone else mines on MinerGate for Ethereum (or other altcoins as they support a lot of them!), but I have been beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure out why my hashrate is so low mining with a GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card.  I just started getting into trying to mine Ethereum with my new gaming rig.  I did a bunch of research on how to start mining Ethereum and I came across MinerGate as pool that I could mine ETH on.  I thought that it was pretty cool that they had their own mining software as well to handle mining to my account for me.  So I downloaded and installed their MinerGate v.6.6 software as well as NVidia CUDA v.8.0.61 SDK (although it says that I cannot install Nsight because I do not have any compatible versions of Microsoft VisualStudio installed, which I am not sure if I need or not?).  I also installed GETH v.1.6.1 and Mist 0.8.10, although now I am not sure as if I even needed to install them unless I was planning to solo mine directly on the Ethereum blockchain instead of mining on a pool?

For reference, my gaming rig is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296 on an Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz SkyLake CPU with 32GB Crucial Ballistix RAM and an ASUS STRIX ROG GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Video Card.

In any event, once I got everything installed and setup on my computer, I ran MinerGate to see how well my setup would mine.  After disabling "Smart Mining" (which automatically starts mining whatever altcoin it feels you will have the best results with, which is annoying that it starts that by default...), I manually started mining Ethereum.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try to CPU mine at the same time that I GPU mine, so I enabled both to see what I could get out of my rig.  However, all I am able to get out of MinerGate is about 420-440kH/s from my CPU (running on all 8 threads - as it is a 4 core, 8 threaded processor) and 8.75-9.25MH/s from my GPU (running on Intensity 4)!  When I Googled what the estimated hashrate that my Video Card should be capable of mining Ethereum, it says that I should be averaging 25MH/s!!!  I also tried disabling CPU mining just in case that was bottlenecking my system, but at best I only got about a 0.25-0.50MH/s boost from GPU mining only with my computer.  So, why am I not able to mine on MinerGate at even 10MH/s when it says that my Video Card should be capable of mining at a much higher hashrate than that?  At this point it seems like I'd be better off trying to solo mine if GETH can give me double the hashrate that MinerGate can...

Any help in getting this figured out would be greatly appreciated.  I am very frustrated that I cannot figure out why I cannot get a decent hashrate out of this Video Card!

Dont' go thru minergate download claymore 9.4 read the instruction and mine directly on dwarpool.

Make sure to have your own ethereum wallet address where you can get payouts.
Activity: 56
As I know team Green (NVIDA) should stick to Zcash and team Red (AMD) should stick to Ethereum.
You can switch but it not as good compare to the other team Smiley
Activity: 25
I am not sure if anyone else mines on MinerGate for Ethereum (or other altcoins as they support a lot of them!), but I have been beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure out why my hashrate is so low mining with a GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card.  I just started getting into trying to mine Ethereum with my new gaming rig.  I did a bunch of research on how to start mining Ethereum and I came across MinerGate as a pool that I could mine ETH on.  I thought that it was pretty cool that they had their own mining software as well to handle mining to my account for me.  So I downloaded and installed their MinerGate v.6.6 software as well as NVidia CUDA v.8.0.61 SDK (although it says that I cannot install Nsight because I do not have any compatible versions of Microsoft VisualStudio installed, which I am not sure if I need or not?).  I also installed GETH v.1.6.1 and Mist 0.8.10, although now I am not sure as if I even needed to install them unless I was planning to solo mine directly on the Ethereum blockchain instead of mining on a pool?

For reference, my gaming rig is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296 on an Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz SkyLake CPU with 32GB Crucial Ballistix RAM and an ASUS STRIX ROG GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Video Card.

In any event, once I got everything installed and setup on my computer, I ran MinerGate to see how well my setup would mine.  After disabling "Smart Mining" (which automatically starts mining whatever altcoin it feels you will have the best results with, which is annoying that it starts that by default...), I manually started mining Ethereum.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try to CPU mine at the same time that I GPU mine, so I enabled both to see what I could get out of my rig.  However, all I am able to get out of MinerGate is about 420-440kH/s from my CPU (running on all 8 threads - as it is a 4 core, 8 threaded processor) and 8.75-9.25MH/s from my GPU (running on Intensity 4)!  When I Googled what the estimated hashrate that my Video Card should be capable of mining Ethereum, it says that I should be averaging 25MH/s!!!  I also tried disabling CPU mining just in case that was bottlenecking my system, but at best I only got about a 0.25-0.50MH/s boost from GPU mining only with my computer.  So, why am I not able to mine on MinerGate at even 10MH/s when it says that my Video Card should be capable of mining at a much higher hashrate than that?  At this point it seems like I'd be better off trying to solo mine if GETH can give me double the hashrate that MinerGate can...

Any help in getting this figured out would be greatly appreciated.  I am very frustrated that I cannot figure out why I cannot get a decent hashrate out of this Video Card!

Pages:
Jump to: