Pages:
Author

Topic: LoyceV's Legendary 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment: ENDED - page 7. (Read 6540 times)

Activity: 772
Merit: 261
Bitcointalk name: LightZ
Altcoin I choose: XRP
I will pay 0.01 BTC once 10 people joined: Yes
After 10 months, return my 10% to:  1KUZ6SRviH9YsoPHfJj7Xugo81wC7KiWrS
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
LoyceV's Legendary Small-scale 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment

I want to try something new, just for fun: 10 people each put 0.01 BTC ($18.80 now) in a pot, for which I buy 10 different altcoins. Every participant can choose one altcoin to buy. After the tenth person joined, I'll buy the altcoins at bittrex.com. 10 months later I'll sell everything, and return the pot equally (after fees taken by Bittrex and miners) to all participants. Every month I'll give an update here of the current values.

I would prefer to create a new Bittrex account just for this, but since they're implementing KYC, an anonymous account might not work anymore 10 months from now. So I use my existing account.

After joining, you agree to stay in until the 10 months have passed. You also agree to any altcoin the other participants pick. Note that the altcoins have to be available at Bittrex. Also note that you can lose (most of) your 0.01 BTC, but we can hope it goes up.

I'm a bit in doubt if I should open an address already, or wait until 10 people have joined. Waiting makes it a risk that people back out again, so I won't have 10 participants. For now I'll see if enough people are interested first. If less than 10 people join, this thread ends.
Update (September 26, 2017): It took 10 weeks for 10 people to join. If you joined, please check your address here and deposit 0.01 BTC. Please check if your wallet subtracts fees from the amount you send.

To join FULL! (pick an altcoin that hasn't been picked yet, and use an address you can still access 10 months from now)
Post this, replace my details:
Code:
Bitcointalk name: LoyceV
Altcoin I choose: GBYTE
I will pay 0.01 BTC once 10 people joined: yes
After 10 months, return my 10% to: 1foreverDArUNEX2gVD26vautcx3b8zTZ
I'll (try to) withdraw (which takes fees) my pick (GBYTE) to join the 10% airdrop, and deposit it back to Bittrex after the last airdrop and/or before the 10 months are over. If any other picked altcoin does a similar airdrop, please notify me.

Buy orders
The last deposit arrived on October 4, 2017. On the same day I bought 10 altcoins. Click for an overview.
For reference: 0.1 BTC is worth 433.60 now (Bitcoinaverage).

Sell all date
August 4, 2018

No spam
All my threads are now self-moderated to stop signature spam. I will remove all irrelevant posts. If you quote the entire OP, your entry will be deleted.
Once in a while I'll summarize posts and clean up this thread.

I want out!
You can't! Once you join, you agree to stay in for the full 10 months.

Unofficial waiting list for Experiment 2.0
Many people have shown interest to join a next version of this experiment. I'll open a new thread after month 8. I have an "unofficial waiting list" of people to notify.

Disclaimer
Although unlikely, several things can fail. Off the top of my head:
Bittrex can delist a certain altcoin if it's no longer worth anything.
I keep the altcoins on Bittrex. Bittrex can disappear. I don't expect it, but it has happened with other exchanges in the past. If this happens, your money is gone, just like my money. That's why I limit this thread to 0.01 BTC per person, consider it play money.
0.01 BTC of an altcoin can drop lower than 0.0005 BTC value, which is too low to sell it on Bittrex.

Why trust me
Check LoyceV's Legendary Campaign/Services Portfolio to see what campaigns I am managing.
Check Payments to see me share about $1220 after the June airdrop. Subsequent comments testify to this.
See my Trust summary (click "Untrusted feedback").
Check my staked address to see my account is not hacked.
If this isn't enough: it's just $188 including my own money, I have no intention to running with that. I do this for fun, otherwise it would probably not even be worth my time.
If this still isn't enough: thanks for reading, don't join Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: