Pages:
Author

Topic: LoyceV's Legendary 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Roller Coaster #2 - page 16. (Read 26183 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
Bitcointalk name: DarkStar_
Altcoin I choose: NANO
Where to buy this altcoin: Binance
How to store this altcoin: Download the wallet at https://getcanoe.io/download/ or https://nanowalletcompany.com/ and backup the seed
I will pay 0.01 BTC once 10 people joined: yes
After 10 months, return my 10% to: 3NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw

Semi serious question, is USDT allowed to be chosen?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
LoyceV's Legendary Small-scale 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment: ROUND 2

I've made big changes to the OP. Please read the whole post again, and see if you still want to join.

Last year, I created LoyceV's Legendary 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment.

Summary
10 people (including me) each put 0.01 BTC in a pot, chose an altcoin, and I bought 10 different altcoins on Bittrex. We've been in a 10 month roller coaster with ups and downs. After 10 months, I sold everything and we shared the funds equally. It turned out 0.1BTC ($433.60) was turned into 0.05149923BTC ($380.62). Financially, it was a failure when 9 out of 10 altcoins dropped in value.

For Round 2, I don't want to rely on just Bittrex. I want to spread the funds over 3 exchanges, and leave them on there for 10 months.
I now have accounts on these exchanges:

• Bittrex (years old, verified earlier this year)
  • Binance (opened today, not yet verified, but it says I can withdraw anyway)
  • Poloniex (opened today, already verified).
Initially, I wanted to install 10 wallets and keep the coins in my own cold storage. I've decided against this to save myself the time and effort. It also saves transaction fees, but the risk is slightly higher. Using 3 exchanges instead of 1 means more Bitcoin fees when this experiment ends. Depending on the fees at that time, I'll see if a Tether transaction between exchanges can reduce fees.

After joining, you agree to stay in until the 10 months have passed. You also agree to any altcoin the other participants pick. Note that the altcoins have to be available for me to buy and sell. Also note that you can lose (most of) your 0.01 BTC, but we can hope it goes up.

To join (pick an altcoin that hasn't been picked yet, and use an address you can still access 10 months from now)
Post this, replace my details:
Code:
Bitcointalk name: LoyceV
Altcoin I choose: GBYTE
I will pay 0.01 BTC once 10 people joined: yes
After 10 months, return my 10% to: 1foreverDArUNEX2gVD26vautcx3b8zTZ
If any picked altcoin does an airdrop that requires action to join, please notify me.

Starting date
Round 2 will start as soon as 10 participants have joined and deposited their share. I will only post deposit addresses after I've paid back Round 1.
Update: Round 2 started on August 13, 2018.

Sell all date
June 13, 2019.

No spam
All my threads are now self-moderated to stop signature spam. I will remove all irrelevant posts. If you quote the entire OP, your entry will be deleted.
Once in a while I'll summarize posts and clean up this thread.

I want out!
You can't! Once you join, you agree to stay in for the full 10 months.

Unofficial waiting list for Experiment 2.0
Many people have shown interest to join Round 2. I'll PM everyone on my "unofficial waiting list" and notify them about this thread.

Participants and altcoins
This post shows all participants and their respective return addresses.
This post shows how much of each coin I bought.

Disclaimer
Although unlikely, several things can fail. Off the top of my head:
An altcoin can simply become worthless and cease to exist.
Exchanges can delist an altcoin.
0.01 BTC of an altcoin can drop lower than the minimum amount required to trade it.
I keep the altcoins on 3 different exchanges. Bittrex, Binance and/or Poloniex can disappear. I don't expect it, but it has happened with other exchanges in the past. If this happens, your money is gone, just like my money. That's why I limit this thread to 0.01 BTC per person, consider it play money.
Join for fun, join for a possible profit, but don't join to gain positive trust (read the reasoning behind this warning here).

Why trust me
Check LoyceV's Legendary Campaign/Services Portfolio to see what campaigns I am managing.
Check Payments to see me share about $1220 after the June 2017 airdrop. Subsequent comments testify to this.
Check LoyceV's Legendary 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment: ENDED to see me return funds for Round 1.
See my Trust summary (click "Untrusted feedback").
Check my staked address to see my account is not hacked.
If this isn't enough: I have no intention to running Tongue I do this for fun, otherwise it would probably not even be worth my time.
If this still isn't enough: thanks for reading, don't join Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: