Pages:
Author

Topic: LTBcoin [LTBc] "Let's Talk Bitcoin" crypto-rewards Official Discussion Thread - page 8. (Read 222331 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 251
My Head is a Ritz
@Magic8Ball, I completely agree with you.

I personally  think LTB is starting a business model that a lot will start to follow.

Already getting some interest. Ebay and others will look at this particular example soon.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ebay-and-microsoft-eye-user-created-value-platforms-similar-to-ltb

I can see this being common in the near future, especially with so many platforms available to issue tokens.

Nice, you beat me to it. Just finished reading that article. Really made me hopeful for the future.
My bet is that reddit is the first to start using this tech, they already seem to have a foot in the door.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

I personally  think LTB is starting a business model that a lot will start to follow.

Already getting some interest. Ebay and others will look at this particular example soon.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ebay-and-microsoft-eye-user-created-value-platforms-similar-to-ltb

I can see this being common in the near future, especially with so many platforms available to issue tokens.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
in a couple of weeks, LTBc will just be a mere token of participation. Value will go down (large supply) and more people on the forum means less for you.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
Everything about this concept is brilliant.

I agree, Adam's a smart guy. The PoP model seems to be working well for his site. Its funny to watch people break down social interaction in terms of payment potential, but there's definitely something to "crowdsourcing" an author or artist in this fashion.

If you were Nicki Minaj you'd still have to worry about the Minajcoin dev taking off with your BTC tho...
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
The very fact that you can "own stock" in a talent of some sort, is revolutionary. Imagine if you had seen Nirvana in concert before they blew up with "Smells like Teen Spirit" ?  Imagine if you just knew ... JUST KNEW ... these guys were going to be huge.  You saw the talent.  You wished you could cash in on your prediction.  Now you can.  

Everyone I tell this story to hates Nicki Minaj but I knew she would become huge in her genre.  I remember sitting there 5 years ago with a group of friends telling them she was going to blow up soon.  I knew it was going to happen, and I actually said out loud:  "I wish I could buy stock in her, rather than have to buy stock in the stupid record label.  Assuming they're even publicly traded".

Likewise, I own my own online social networking website with several hundred thousand users.  I am seriously considering adding this tool to the site, to encourage participation, draw content writers out of my audience, and engage my users with a profitable stake in our community.  Everything about this concept is brilliant.

-B-
legendary
I don't really know about the whole Overstock thing but I have to tell you (even if I might be shooting myself in the foot) that the Counterparty Asset Exchange works pretty well so long as you aren't involving BTC in your orders.

Its a bit scary putting orders in because they always cost a fee but a lot of the time they get filled, even if the process seems bumpy and unreliable.

I have a feeling a lot of these problems will be ironed out in the near future when they release the newest Counterwallet software in the next month or so.

Interesting, I have never tried to trade inside the counterwallet, just because I have only heard bad things. I'm glad it worked out for you. May I ask what you were trading?
I may need to give it a try myself.

LTB / XCP works pretty well. I've also traded LTB / BTC and  BTC / XCP but apparently you have to leave your wallet running in order for an order to go through. The time between placing an order and receiving funds is usually much longer than your average exchange, but this is the cost of decentralization and doing things with a not-for-profit mindframe.
My Head is a Ritz
I don't really know about the whole Overstock thing but I have to tell you (even if I might be shooting myself in the foot) that the Counterparty Asset Exchange works pretty well so long as you aren't involving BTC in your orders.

Its a bit scary putting orders in because they always cost a fee but a lot of the time they get filled, even if the process seems bumpy and unreliable.

I have a feeling a lot of these problems will be ironed out in the near future when they release the newest Counterwallet software in the next month or so.

Interesting, I have never tried to trade inside the counterwallet, just because I have only heard bad things. I'm glad it worked out for you. May I ask what you were trading?
I may need to give it a try myself.
legendary

My Head is a Ritz
Hey guys, I wanted to point out this article that was just published at Let's Talk Bitcoin.
A really thought provoking article. Read the article and post your opinions on the matter!

August 04, 2014 Crypto for Change - Is this Wall Street's Kodak Moment?

"On July 29, 2014, Patrick Byrne, CEO of Overstock - one of the world*s largest online retailers - launched a wiki page where he invited open discussion about the best way for a public company to completely bypass entities like NASDAQ and the New York Stock Exchange and issue its securities on a decentralized platform similar to Bitcoin."
My Head is a Ritz

I personally  think LTB is starting a business model that a lot will start to follow.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
this is what is got..

You have received a distribution of 3500.98692273 LTBCOIN

and I am happy with that... after all the podcasts are not bad to listen to great info in them..

Yes I really love the concept behing LTB, you can earn some coins while learning alot of things.

The podcasts are awesome, I bet this website will go viral in few weeks.

Its income from entertainment and learning something useful. I am more than happy with what I am receiving.

Supply is getting squeezed every week and so these will be worth a lot more in future.
My Head is a Ritz
I haven't heard of PoQ and PoV before, what is that?

Proof of Quality, and Proof of Value, apply to content creators. Content creators are anyone that writes an article or creates a podcasts, for LTB.
First the content creator receives PoQ points for submitting a qualifying article or podcast.
Then after 1 month, the article or podcast is analyzed for the PoV award. PoV points are awarded in relation to how many page views and comments the article or podcast received over the past month.

To learn more, check out these links below.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I haven't heard of PoQ and PoV before, what is that?
My Head is a Ritz
I updated the OP with stats about last weeks LTBcoin distribution, take a look at them below. It is really great to see all the active registered users.  The LTB Network had over 200 new registered users last week!

A Sampling of Last Weeks LTBcoin Distribution
--Period--
My Head is a Ritz
LTB Community Roundup #3
Published on August 3rd, 2014 by Mike

Have you been able to keep up with the ever-growing Let's Talk Bitcoin! community? We've seen some explosive growth and some amazing discussions since our last community roundup.

Keep in mind that this is just a sampling of all the great activity across the Let's Talk Bitcoin! community since the last roundup. The best way to find even more is to register and discover even more great discssuions.

Have you been wondering about the various exchanges out in the cryptocurrency world? User inigthz asked what's your favorite exchange and give a few reasons as to why. This thread is a great place to learn about the various cryptocurrency exchanges and see what your fellow users have to say about them.

deweller has announced his new project UTipdMe and has been seeking feedback from the community. The idea is to create a solution to allow for faster, cheaper tipping of LTBc and the discussion has helped him evolve the name to CoinGrats. Check in and read up on the project and lend him and the community your thoughts.

With a slight decline in Bitcoin prices recently user mikerbiker6 wants to know when is the right time to buy bitcoin? Hop on over to the thread and get caught up with the advice and opinions of your fellow community members and perhaps chime in with your own.

With the launch of Stellar a thread has begun discussing the merits of the new cryptocurrency. The cryptocurrency is being airdropped to interested users for completely free yet is already creating controversey with the requirement of signing up for the initial airdrop with a Facebook account. Be sure to chime in on the discussion with your thoughts.

Let's Talk Bitcoin has launched a whole new board, The Musicians Square. Check it out as it is already teeming with brand new activity! Artists can also find a new home over at Artist Den. For those of you with more of a writing slant you can now begin your journey over in The Writers Room Creative communities of Let's Talk Bitcoin unite!

For our international friends a plethora of new boards exist including, LTB en Espanol, LTB auf Deutsch, LTB in Italiano, LTB in Chinese and LTB in Russian.

When will you be able to buy a Big Mac with Bitcoin? That is the question posed by PTheD that has spawned some interesting discussion regarding the future of cryptocurrency and the ability to spend it easily. What do you think? Be sure to be heard in this thread.

Spengler is thinking about the future of bitcoin mining and poses several interesting questions to the community. This thread will get you thinking deeply!

That wraps up this week's community roundup but in the meantime, head on over to the boards and engage in some great discussion and you just might see your name and thread in the next roundup.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
Check your Inbox crackerhead.
My Head is a Ritz
this is what is got..

and I am happy with that... after all the podcasts are not bad to listen to great info in them..

Yes I really love the concept behing LTB, you can earn some coins while learning alot of things.

Thank You!

I'm glad you guys are happy with the rewards. I think LTB and LTBcoin  have the potential to be huge, I really don't see anything quite like it in the crypto space.

My Head is a Ritz
Anyone here know how long it take for a command in counterwallet to complete?

I tried to sell some LTBC and it seems they are not selling :-s

I have never had any luck with trading in the counterparty wallet. I would suggest transferring your funds to melotic, I can verify melotic works, as I've used it myself.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Anyone here know how long it take for a command in counterwallet to complete?

I tried to sell some LTBC and it seems they are not selling :-s
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
this is what is got..

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org