Pages:
Author

Topic: Lucky coin Idea - page 20. (Read 33921 times)

legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
February 07, 2016, 05:54:01 PM
If many people dont redeem, and those that do redeem dont find the 1 BTC ... how will we track how many have been redeeemed and how many are still left to redeem, to gauge the value of each of the potential winning coins. How will we know if we have a 1 in 10, 1 in 8, 1 in 5, or even 1 in 1 chance ? How will we know when there is zero chance ? In a week ? a month ? a year ? a decade ? ... we wont, this can only be tracked by having an open list of full addresses, and we already know who has which of those (we just dont have the full addresses to be able to look)

For transparency .... doesnt it need to be seen that someone has won the 1 BTC. I am not questioning gravitates integrity, I have known him way way to long to do that, but .... without this he is open to a cheap shot from anyone who redeems and then only has the 0.01

Personally, I didnt buy the Lucky 1 series coin to redeem it. BUT I would be interested to know what it holds. This is still a lottery / lucky coin. Right now, we all feel we have a 1 / 10 chance to have won. But the winner has already been decided, the 'draw' has already taken place. The value of the funds on your coin is the same whether you know the value, or dont know the value.

It seems a real shame to have to destroy between 1 and 10 coins to find out who the winner is. Many have indicated that they wont be redeeming. Unless it is revealed by Gravitate, we may never know.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
February 07, 2016, 04:31:15 PM
So right now only one person knows which coin is really the winner of each round and that would be gravitate right?

Yes

Perhaps gravitate will tell anyone that asks whats on their coin.

I wont redeem it either way will just be nice to know whats on there Smiley.

I hope Gravitate doesn't do that  Grin ... takes away the excitement. If he does it should pulbic in the thread so everybody knows.

And then we come back to the point where it would destroy the purpose of this coin Grin.

I doubt gravitate will tell anyone. Either redeem your coin or keep telling yourself that you have the 1 btc coin Grin.

Ha ha yeah I never win anything so I'll tell myself it has 0.01 rather that 1BTC because it'll probably be true Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
February 07, 2016, 04:26:22 PM
So right now only one person knows which coin is really the winner of each round and that would be gravitate right?

Yes

I hope Gravitate doesn't do that  Grin ... takes away the excitement. If he does it should pulbic in the thread so everybody knows.

And then we come back to the point where it would destroy the purpose of this coin Grin.

I doubt gravitate will tell anyone. Either redeem your coin or keep telling yourself that you have the 1 btc coin Grin.
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
February 07, 2016, 04:09:28 PM

Yes

legendary
February 07, 2016, 04:03:07 PM

Yes

legendary
February 07, 2016, 03:53:32 PM

Yes
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
February 07, 2016, 03:48:26 PM

legendary
February 07, 2016, 03:46:07 PM
Well, that is the fun part of this Lucky Coin, to redeem or not redeem? I you don't redeem you don't the BTC value of the coin, if others do redeem then you know what chance you have owning the 1BTC coin. I think this very exciting every round. And what will the collectors value do of redeemed and unredeemed coins, it all depends how many coins are redeemed and if the 1BTC will be redeemed and the owner makes it public.
legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
February 07, 2016, 03:45:49 PM
I guess what I really meant was not made public and not made privately available either.

Now that I understand more about this as well it seems the coins would retain more of their value without anyone knowing.

If the winner is revealed publicly or privately then everyone else's coin plummets in value.

It would give you a very limited edition coin. Only 10 made per batch. If people start redeeming them they become even more rare.
February 07, 2016, 03:44:10 PM
I guess what I really meant was not made public and not made privately available either.

Now that I understand more about this as well it seems the coins would retain more of their value without anyone knowing.

If the winner is revealed publicly or privately then everyone else's coin plummets in value.

legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
February 07, 2016, 03:41:25 PM
I thought the result would be made public or at very least the coin buyers know what's on their individual coin.

Personally I'd prefer to know what is has on without having to redeem it.

That takes away the whole point of this coin Tongue. The cool thing is that the coins will rise in value when people redeem their coins (if the value is 0.01 btc).
legendary
February 07, 2016, 03:38:20 PM
I suppose you're right, perhaps not made public.

Maybe I misunderstood and this was the plan all along.

It wouldn't be the first time I've made a mistake Cheesy.
February 07, 2016, 03:19:46 PM
I was wondering how anyone would know which was the winning coin and I kinda like the idea it would have to be opened to find out and hope there is not a public winners list put out.

legendary
February 07, 2016, 03:15:56 PM
I thought the result would be made public or at very least the coin buyers know what's on their individual coin.

Personally I'd prefer to know what is has on without having to redeem it.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
February 07, 2016, 02:32:35 PM
Has anyone received their 1.LUCKY (week 1 / round 1) coin yet?
Pictures and who's the LUCKY winner??  Shocked

Thanks

The winner can only be determined by redeeming the private key right?

Yes. So far thats the only way.

Minerjones got me confused :grin:. I won't be redeeming mine anytime soon!

Same here.  Even if I knew beforehand I was the winner, I wouldn't redeem it.  I thought it would be publicly made after all the coins were sent out who was the recipient of the winning coin.  If nobody redeems, then nobody will ever know if they have a winner.  As a collector, I'd rather keep the coin intact.
legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
February 07, 2016, 02:25:19 PM
Pictures and who's the LUCKY winner??  Shocked

Thanks

Minerjones got me confused :grin:. I won't be redeeming mine anytime soon!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2016, 02:08:41 PM

Thanks

legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
February 07, 2016, 01:55:32 PM

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
February 07, 2016, 01:52:35 PM

Thanks

I've got 1.1 but not received it yet.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
February 06, 2016, 04:03:55 AM
I just realised that there are 2 1Bs in the list.

so this is positions 2 and 9 with corresponding address first digits 1BM and 1B6.

I am waiting for blazed to assign these.

Is there anyway to have the addresses start with a "3" for the 3.LUCKY and so forth??
That would be kinda neat.....

If only I had a PC! I have tried compiling the vanity gen on mac and failed so far.

Unfortunately I only use an old MAC to generate these things. Which I don't want to hook up/ download anything on.

If there is a linux fix to vanitygen I can try this probably in the coming weeks

Maybe this helps??

I will try to compile an OSX version of vanitygen this weekend and if I succeed I will send it to Gravitate
You guys could just boot off a USB. Use unetbootin to write to a flash drive, then when you go to boot your computer go into BIOS and change boot to your flash drive. Then just run your computer and do work normally.

I would say run vmware player, but I don't believe you can transfer the key, but that would be by hand.
Pages:
Jump to: