Pages:
Author

Topic: Make sure you have a contingency plan for your assets - page 5. (Read 831 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 509
I'm so sorry for the situation of your dad and I sincerelity hope he recover fully.  Many threads have been created on how to transfer Bitcoin wealth to heirs and I will encourage people to take those wonderful suggestions seriously because no one is immortal. Within one's family, there should be someone trusted that should know all we do even though you you will not grant them access to everything just yet. Any of the methods suggested on how to transfer assets to heirs can be used buy there should be someone that is aware of our business.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 231
First, I wish your dad a quick recovery from his illness. 

If there is one thing that I have learnt and read about from o_e_l_e_o and some other forum members here, it is that we should have a trusted family member that we can trust with our holdings because we never can tell what will happen at any point in time and we don't have complete control of time. 

I have someone I trust, and all my wallet backup and holdings in times of emergency can be accessed by the person; it's just a matter of finding someone who they can trust and giving them the right information. 

If your dad's device is available, I believe it will be a little bit easier to track down activities and know which exchange he has holding in other for you to manage and reduce the risk. In such a case, a note book to write down our activities is really important as it can help anyone who is close to the person know what to do.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 568
I have spoken on this subject in the past but it feels more real than it ever has since my dad just had a major brain stroke on Friday. I can see my mom is very unsure of how to manage the financials and it’s a very tricky spot to navigate with my dad only being able to spit out a few words at a time, I am hopeful for a full recovery. My dad is getting better by the day which is good but it’s a long road to recovery. My family can tell that he is worried about his assets and he has made attempts to tell my mother and brothers what to do, we believe he was trading all his coins into a volatile crypto right now and want to help him stabilize that. I have my flight booked and I’ll be there in a few days to help with everything but now more so than ever if you haven’t taken the time to fill in your significant other or trusted family member what to do in the event of something like this happening then you need to make sure that is in place not only for all your crypto assets but physical and anything you can pass on. We are not promised tomorrow, I am thankful my dad is alright. I believe he will recover. If you can please send prayers for him and my family 🙏

Make sure you have a plan in place so your loved ones are set up for success and never be in this type of situation.
Pages:
Jump to: