Pages:
Author

Topic: Making it public: I have moved the disputed 643.2771 BTC into an escrow account - page 5. (Read 17042 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
Why not return them? They are just going to be subtracted from your mt gox balance anyway. Or did you not have that much before the hackcrash?

Why should he, they are rightfully his

The trades are being rolled back, but withdrawals and deposits aren't. He withdrew 600+, it will be subtracted from his balance.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Kevin, was right in this case.

No offense, but your your word really isn't helping his case.

I Can't really see what MT can do as a similar show of faith, Except, you know, Stop dodging.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Why not return them? They are just going to be subtracted from your mt gox balance anyway. Or did you not have that much before the hackcrash?

Why should he, they are rightfully his
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Just return them.

But tell them you have a 95% transfer fee.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Kevin, was right in this case.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
Activity: 1148
Merit: 501
Kevin is a class act.

Kevin : what were you suggesting mtgox could do as a show of good faith?  ( aside from be 100% honest )
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Activity: 90
Merit: 12

1) I press the release button and donate them to the Bitcoin Fountain

I think the word you're grepping for here is "Faucet."

Can you tell I've barely slept for two days? Smiley

Edited original post to look smarter than I am.
Activity: 327
Merit: 124

1) I press the release button and donate them to the Bitcoin Fountain

I think the word you're grepping for here is "Faucet."

Activity: 90
Merit: 12
The 643.2771BTC I withdrew from Mt Gox before trading was halted has been used to question my motives. To try to prove my intentions, I have moved the entire balance to an escrow account at Clearcoin:

https://clearcoin.appspot.com/status/r_H5PyEWwb5wEa8RTbrMTY8k

I cannot retrieve them for a month now. The options are:

1) I press the release button and donate them to the Bitcoin Faucet

2) The FBI accepts "Kevin logged in within 15 minutes of the attacker" as enough evidence to arrest me and seize my wallet as evidence and/or I end up convicted and the FBI buys some new socks and night lights for the whole office with the balance.

3) One month from now, when things have calmed down and I am obviously not arrested, they'll be returned to me and hopefully by then we will have determined their rightful home.

It would be an incredible show of faith if Mt Gox would volunteer to do something similar, but I'm not making this demand off them.
Pages:
Jump to: