Pages:
Author

Topic: Making MEW more secure??? - page 2. (Read 182 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 10
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
March 19, 2018, 11:40:30 AM
Hi friends,

Is there any way to make MEW wallet more secure like enabling 2-factor authentication or sms otp etc. I tried to Google it but I don't think MEW support 2FA.

Also, what are some best MEW alternatives that you are using?

i think the best way to make your wallet secure is import your mew wallet into metamask extension, i also use that for more secure transaction, and since i used it and till now, my wallet never been compromised or even a suspicious transaction. like my wallet have a great health condition.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 07:06:11 AM
I haven't seen Myetherwallet with this feature. They offer a method of doing it secure with their offline address creation. And offline transaction processing as well but it is for advanced users. It is a bit hard to do.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
March 19, 2018, 06:59:21 AM
Well MEW cannot be more secured than it is now and you can't add any additionally security details, apart from what has been programmed on it. If you really want a more secured wallet is when you use hardware wallet, which i feel is far better. Your hardware wallet cannot be hacked. Except you give your security details to a third party.
Hardware wallet is an example of cold wallet and examples of hardware wallets are, Trezor, Ledger Nano and KeepKey. These wallets are good and well secured.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
March 19, 2018, 06:55:16 AM
Hi friends,

Is there any way to make MEW wallet more secure like enabling 2-factor authentication or sms otp etc. I tried to Google it but I don't think MEW support 2FA.

if you use the "offline wallet" option of mew, it is very safe. it is like cold storage

by using offline wallet, you never log in with json file or your private key on an online computer

you do your transfers from another computer which is online

you can read mew website and github to learn how to use offline wallet option
Activity: 251
Merit: 101
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
March 19, 2018, 06:47:13 AM
Maybe you bsa try to use imToken on your smartphone milliki. I think imToken is an application that not only has good security, it also has token acceptance automation feature without having to look for the token in MEW
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
March 19, 2018, 06:34:52 AM
No, MEW does not support 2FA & SMS OTP, just to avoid getting phished or scam make sure you always visit the legit MEW website, better to bookmark it & always unlock your wallet via MEW, no other site. If you still getting fear about login on MEW via JSON or Private key then better to buy Nano ledger and integrate it with MEW you will be very safe as your private keys won't exposed online, you will be signing every transaction from Nano ledger device. It is just 98$ and worth to invest.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 306
March 19, 2018, 06:33:14 AM
Hi friends,

Use Metamask to send tokens and MEW as a wallet for long-term storage. So your primary address will become more secure or use hardware wallets.
Activity: 420
Merit: 119
March 19, 2018, 06:31:35 AM
Hi friends,

Well, MEW is just an application to create a wallet, I usually use a metamask to secure my wallet. When i use it in some of the exchange like Etherdelta and Idex.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 06:22:08 AM

I also find that MEW is not very safe but there is no way to make MEW safer. I often use cold wallets
Activity: 364
Merit: 117
March 19, 2018, 06:15:43 AM
Hi friends,

Pages:
Jump to: