Pages:
Author

Topic: Man loses $22,000 in cryptocurrency scam - page 3. (Read 572 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 267
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
December 14, 2017, 12:56:07 PM
it is one of the many cases of loss of many cases that occur. The average cause is a hacked private key, so we must be careful and careful to backup our private key. My advice, keep private-key in the offline network, because it minimizes the incident hack, because most hackers hack through the Internet network.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Telegram: @worldofcoinss
December 14, 2017, 12:52:05 PM
Honestly how we know this guy is not scamming with gofund me?  He looks like the type to use a sad story to make people donate to him.  
I hope he does not get a free ride.  Also anyone can pay someone to write some news worthy story to point to there donation page.  I am very skeptical about this story.  I would be wary in making and donations, we hear a lot of these stories everyday.  I even got scammed but never asked for free handouts.  Also reason why I said this is because look at the OP post history he posts all the time to this news site.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 14, 2017, 12:42:34 PM
People still do not learn from mistakes of others. Is it hard to understand and remember all the rules of security, huh?
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
December 14, 2017, 12:40:12 PM
So once again we see a demerit of decentralization. Man loses such a huge sum and all he could do is regret because no law in the world caters problems related to crypto currency scam even if they cater there is absolutely no chance that they would be able to effectively trace any such persons.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
December 14, 2017, 12:31:21 PM
Incredibly sad. I can't say he didn't have it coming though. I mean, sure, all the blame lies on the scammer, but you should still never put yourself in such a situation. It baffles me to this day that some people are comfortable with dropping thousands of dollars into something without investing the time to gather knowledge about how to take care of it. Two minutes on Google. That's probably how long it would have taken him to search for tips on cybersecurity, and he would be $22000 richer today. It's also the perfect example of why you should never put all your eggs in one basket.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
December 14, 2017, 07:58:04 AM
Just a reminder to be safe and not give people your passwords etc. Dont trust anyone, use exchanges and well known brokers ( even though they have high fees it is safe ). This is how you dont get burned.
Pages:
Jump to: