Pages:
Author

Topic: Mark Karpeles, please liberate my money - page 2. (Read 5593 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 258
February 18, 2012, 03:23:27 PM
I understand that, but having put in place huge requirement after the accounts were open without an exit for those that don't agree is not something acceptable.

I have a Chilean ID in progress, it was requested, and the proof of that was sent to them.
The told me that my Chilean government issued photo id would not be valid, but it is valid in every bank in Chile.

Having higher requirements than Banks do is not something acceptable, and when you disagree on something you should not be force to agree, there should be an exit window.

I have to wait over a month for my passport, and photo ID, and that is not enough for mtgox.

They basically told me I am screwed.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
February 18, 2012, 03:15:18 PM
A state-issued ID card in the US (doesn't have to be a driver's license) is ID. AFAIK, the new terms had to be forced on everyone due to concerns they'd be in trouble with governments which enforce "AML" (anti-money-laundering) regulations.

Fwiw -- not passing judgment either way. Sorry to hear you're having troubles with them. They usually reply fairly promptly here -- hope everything works out.
Activity: 313
Merit: 258
February 18, 2012, 03:09:19 PM
Mark Karpeles,
I have tried to comply to your requirement I sent you 2 documents that are official proof that both photo ID and passport has been requested, the purpose of these documents is to prove that a request has been made, the passport and photo id take in total over a month, but the problem is that you not only want me to wait more than a month you are requesting even more documents.

In Chile a government photo ID is the only and only document that is required for identity purposes called ( cedula de identidad or carnet de identidad), but you seem to have things backwards you request all sort of documents for ID, but the official ID is not valid for you, that is just plain bullshit, if a Chilean bank will accept that ID because it is the law, then you should accept it as valid.

In some countries a driver license is an ID, but in most countries a driver license is not an ID but a driver license, only and ID is an ID, you seem to be influenced by the US where a driver license is an ID.

Also in most countries it would be illegal to change the rules of the game after it starts, your new rules got into effect after my account was created, and you did not provide an exist for those of us that do not like your new rules, not only that but  with your attitude I worry that at any time you may change the rules of the game again, screwing once more your own customers.

All I ask is for you to liberate my money, I will be more than happy not having to deal with you, and I do not have any of the problems I am having with you with the other exchanged, I do not need mtgox, I would be more than happy closing that account once you liberate my money.

You should not need to have higher requirements than banks do, in Chile a single photo id is all it is needed for a bank account (for a loan it is a different case), but you not only need ID you want to know the entire life of the person, electric bills, water bills, where I live, etc, all that is none of your business.

I have a bad feeling this could be an scan to confiscate the money of anonymous miners, and some not anonymous.

I made a very big mistake and I am paying for it, and that was to trust mtgox with my money.

If you can not liberate my money, then give me an interest free loan and my money is the guarantee of that loan, there is no law law that forbids you of doing something like that.

There is no law that forbids you of accepting a valid photo id issued by a government agency, if you do not trust the validity of the photo id you are free to investigate on your own expense.

There are many things you could do, but you are simply making my life very hard, and there is no reason I should have my money with you if I do not trust you.

If you feel the documents I sent you are bogus, feel free to call the Chilean consulate and verify.

If this nonsense continues, I will invest all my bitcoins on a lawyer to find out what information you are legally allowed to request under Japan laws, since it is my understanding that you are in Japan.

Pages:
Jump to: