Pages:
Author

Topic: Marketplace trust - page 2. (Read 46928 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
September 29, 2013, 12:29:36 AM
ALWAYS ASK FOR ESCROW!!

Which one is a trusted escrow service.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
June 25, 2013, 02:18:59 AM
Benson Trust ratings doesn't show up in our marketplace, please ask theymos to enable it in our forum.
Check difference between our marketplace and main marketplace.

Done. Enabled in the Marketplace.
legendary
June 24, 2013, 05:25:44 AM
Benson Trust ratings doesn't show up in our marketplace, please ask theymos to enable it in our forum.
Check difference between our marketplace and main marketplace.

I think I had requested actually. I will do it again. For now, clicking the users name shows trust settings in the profile page.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
June 24, 2013, 04:44:21 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 23, 2013, 02:39:29 AM
TRUST NO ONE HERE

Bitcoin needs no Trust.

please elaborate little bit on it

The blockchain stores every transaction. This eliminates the need for a third party trust provider like a bank.

Oh yeah true, it does not have anything with my post though or with the  title of this thread. Bitcoins chain do not create Marketplace, it is people who create market place.

SO, NO TRUST ANYONE HERE.

ALWAYS ASK FOR ESCROW!!
legendary
June 23, 2013, 02:29:09 AM
TRUST NO ONE HERE

Bitcoin needs no Trust.

The blockchain stores every transaction. This eliminates the need for a third party trust provider like a bank.
June 23, 2013, 02:19:52 AM
TRUST NO ONE HERE

Bitcoin needs no Trust.

legendary
June 23, 2013, 01:40:46 AM
TRUST NO ONE HERE

Bitcoin needs no Trust.
June 22, 2013, 11:23:04 PM
TRUST NO ONE HERE
legendary
Activity: 1020
May 28, 2013, 07:23:24 AM
--- Buddha

Is there a way we can reclaim our language back (writing as it is spelt) instead of following British orthodoxy ?

For example

Ram ->Rama

Krishan ->Krishana
legendary
May 28, 2013, 12:00:21 AM
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

--- Buddha

This one is cooler!
legendary
Activity: 1020
May 27, 2013, 11:47:06 PM

Full quote (also regarding questioning religious authority)

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

--- Buddh
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
May 27, 2013, 12:04:57 PM
Too bad my trades in the Indian forums dont count, while some wankers 'THINK' that I am a scammer has actually lead my rep to be MINUS ONE !
legendary
May 26, 2013, 11:25:21 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/marketplace-trust-211858

Very nice feature added into the forum. Please do use it actively.

Marketplace trust
May 21, 2013, 11:23:33 AM
I added a trust system to the marketplace sections. When you're logged in, you'll now see something like this next to Marketplace posts:
Trust: 1: -0 / +12(3)

The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.

These scores are taken from your trust network. They are not global scores. You can edit your trust network here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust
If your trust depth is set to 2 (the default), you will trust feedback by people you trust, people they trust, and people they trust. I might change the default in the future; we'll see how this works. Your trust list is public.

On feedback pages, you can leave trade feedback. There are no rules for this, but here are some guidelines:
- List all of the trades that you do with people (or at least the major ones). This is not like #bitcoin-otc where you give people just one score.
- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts.
- Older ratings count for more, so don't delete old ratings if you can avoid it.
- "Risked BTC" is how much money you could have lost if the person you're rating had turned out to be a scammer. Or, if they are a scammer, it's how much you lost. Use the BTC value at the time of reporting.
- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.
- If you want to make a rating stronger, increase "Risked BTC". 50 extra risked BTC is equivalent to an additional rating.

If your trust list is totally empty, you trust "DefaultTrust", which includes some trustworthy people that I'll select. But if you add anyone to your trust list, even if they don't trust anyone, DefaultTrust will no longer be considered part of your trust list.

In the near future I'll add these same ratings to PMs.

Tell me if you see any bugs. I didn't test this much yet.
Pages:
Jump to: