Pages:
Author

Topic: ██MAR██Marijuanacoin██X11 PoW/PoS██Cryptopia██Platform Beta██SMOKIN' HOT!██ - page 20. (Read 29473 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000
This should be $20 a coin in a month or two.   Wink

That would be nice,

The key is to get it listed on more exchanges. And that requires some effort. Obviously..

I am going to put a small amount in just for giggles. If my $100 ends up being worth 10K one day, you know, great...

I really need to invest in a mining rig so I can start mining all these new altcoins...
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

You make some good points for sure, but my vote is wholeheartedly against a hard fork on this or any coin that isn't officially broken in some way. At this point it works and it's generating investor interest. Let's not risk disrupting that positive motion. A hard fork could also be seen as another blemish on a coin with an already scandalous history.

You make some good points.  Lots to consider and think about.  

I'd be happy with the org specs.  In the end, it's still a low supply coin.

I like the idea of a coin swap. It has worked very well for other coins in the past. I don't like the idea of people losing coins. But I do like the idea of locking out any past nonferrous people with coins.

I would also like to see X11 replaced with master nodes. I'm a miner. I love mining but their is a better way to secure blockchains now. The master node/POS stake wallet is a very elegant solution to keep each other honest. This makes for very strong network network infrastructure while providing rewards for hosting nodes and holding. Masternodes cost should not be cost prohibited later on as adoption takes place the required coin count should be lowered as the cost of MAR goes up.  Rewards I think should be lowered, but given more often. I love watching the Mints pop up ... it is very addicting.    Thoughts ?
Activity: 124
This should be $20 a coin in a month or two.   Wink

Are you serious? $ 2 would be enough for me;)

Wow, nice to see something here.
Good work!
Unfortunately, I am two days before takeover ....
Well, I should have a bit more patience  Angry  Cry
Activity: 94
OP updated.

I also added a "blockchain bootstrap" button. This snapshot of the blockchain updates every 4 hours. Loading instructions come with the file.
If you ever need to re-sync, the total syncing time can really be a pain. By using a fresh blockchain bootstrap/snapshot you can speed up that waiting time significantly.

You make some good points for sure, but my vote is wholeheartedly against a hard fork on this or any coin that isn't officially broken in some way. At this point it works and it's generating investor interest. Let's not risk disrupting that positive motion. A hard fork could also be seen as another blemish on a coin with an already scandalous history.

You make some good points.  Lots to consider and think about.  

I'd be happy with the org specs.  In the end, it's still a low supply coin.

Well this is basically how I feel too. At first I wanted to cut PoW, but I believe it was you who made a good point about the positive side of mining.  Cheesy

We just go with the original specs. We all decided to invest/mine based on these specs if you look at it in that frame.
I will just update the seednodes for now and do some other minor changes.

I looked at the ticker change like you suggested, but it's REALLY hard to find one that is not being used on social media already. I guess we need to blend in with MAR stocks until we find a good solution.

I like POS. I am staking MAR now as we speak Smiley

And you should! By staking you support the flow of the network. And every new MAR is a new MAR!
Activity: 630
Merit: 501

I'm still thinking about this. I want to avoid a hardfork to be honest. Proof of work  is going until block 3000000. That would mean our spendable supply will grow to a maximum of 4 million coins, probably less, at the end of proof of work. This is a reasonable coincap when thinking ahead of the future.

One of the advantages of ending PoW is that there isn't a PoS only MJ coin (as far as I know).  Also, there are a lot of PoS fans out there who just want to keep their wallet open and make coin.  Totally understand about a hard fork, but there are so little people on the coin at this point, that you could probably do it pretty easily.  

Or maybe just do a swap and that way you could get rid of that huge burn which is skewing the block explorer and the percentages of the richlist.  A swap would also allow you to get some development funds via a small premine.

A swap is also effective for removing supply if you limit the swap to X number of days / weeks forcing people to swap coins or lose them.  People who've given up on the project and aren't participating in this thread / project will be unaware of the swap and lose their coins - kind of like if you rent a storage unit and forget about it.  Eventually, the storage unit contents will be auctioned to the public.

Removing PoW and increasing the PoS to 2 coins per block, could bring a lot of people to the party as PoS is easy and people need to buy the coins to get in on PoS.  Also removes supply from exchanges.  On the other hand, like I had mentioned before, PoW is an easy way to newbies to get coins if they don't have BTC to purchase MAR.

Some things to think about.  I'm sure it will work out whatever way you decide to go with in the end.

I like POS. I am staking MAR now as we speak Smiley
Have you decided about PoW?  Are you going to stop PoW in the next release?

Maybe reducing the reward to .5 MAR vs. 1.5 MAR would be better?  Or having the PoW reward be .25 with random bonus blocks of 5+ coins.

I'm still thinking about this. I want to avoid a hardfork to be honest. Proof of work  is going until block 3000000. That would mean our spendable supply will grow to a maximum of 4 million coins, probably less, at the end of proof of work. This is a reasonable coincap when thinking ahead of the future.

Where can I get MAR?

I'm investing in all the weed-related coins, lol

Potcoin is at a $23 million market cap, this one can probably break at-least 1-2 million eventually and maybe catch up with POTcoin.

Welcome! And a heads up at the positive thinking!

You can get MAR on Cryptopia Exchange, or mine them on a pool.

Edit: Junior already! Time to fix up that OP!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000
Where can I get MAR?

I'm investing in all the weed-related coins, lol

Potcoin is at a $23 million market cap, this one can probably break at-least 1-2 million eventually and maybe catch up with POTcoin.
registered and made the first blog comment lol  Grin

Thanks for that! I was wondering who would be the first. You are now officially a member of the "early poster's hall of Marijuana". Bless you!  Cool
registered and made the first blog comment lol  Grin
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Request sent to coinmarketcap to update their data.

I'm going to pay yobit.net and hope we get listed there. Wink

Awesome. Site looks great too on the .net - nice work!

Request sent to coinmarketcap to update their data.

I'm going to pay yobit.net and hope we get listed there. Wink
Site look good.  Things are moving forward.

Nice to see that the .pw domain is gone.  net is a lot better.

You might also want to post updates (for a little while) in the old thread so you can:

1. bring up your post count
2. get info to the other people who haven't followed / posted in this thread.

I thought I read somewhere that forum account activity is a maximum of 14 activity points in 14 days. So I think we just need to wait a couple of days before the activity is starting to gain again. We already have 28 points in a 2-3 week period.

I asked OSMIUMCOIN to close the thread he was managing. The last 2 (now 3) posts we're linking to this new thread.

I will take an easy day today. I've been with my head into coding for days in a row now. Time to relax a bit.

The web platform in this state is only the beginning of our journey. I have many things planned to improve the service, and to make it appealing for investors to invest in this project. It's time to move forward!
It looks a bit busy in here. Good!  Smiley

I'm about done with the basic platform. I'm doing some final checks ,code cleanups and adjustments tomorrow and then we are good to go. I tried to make some sort of dashboard out of it for Marijuanacoin. And I'm pretty happy with the current results.

Please remember this is a basic platform release. And does not contain a marketplace and shop yet.

Are you planning on releasing a new client when you release the new platform?  It would be nice to have coded seed nodes for newbies who come on-board when / if the coin gets some traction after the platform release.

Later this week! I understand what you mean though, but I want to take my time and don't rush things and make mistakes.

The basic website/platform is ready. I will probably still change/add a few things the following days.

https://marijuanacoin.net

This asks for a small celebration!  Cool

First part of our plans are presented on the website.

To reply to our blog, you need to register. I'm trying to make a post there at least once a week!

If you notice any bugs on the platform, please contact me through pm!

Next jobs:
Wallet update, maybe qss design update.
OP (almost jr. member).

edit:
Explorer url updated: http://blockchain.marijuanacoin.net

It looks a bit busy in here. Good!  Smiley

I'm about done with the basic platform. I'm doing some final checks ,code cleanups and adjustments tomorrow and then we are good to go. I tried to make some sort of dashboard out of it for Marijuanacoin. And I'm pretty happy with the current results.

Please remember this is a basic platform release. And does not contain a marketplace and shop yet.

Hello, could you explain what is the real purposes of this coin since the name is using that Marijuana thing.
Thanks.

"Our new plans will be shared with the public when our new platform is completed."

Some of our plans are already announced in this thread. More is to be announced soon. We don't want to create some hype right now. We have plenty of time.

Are you able to buy weed with this coin?

Not yet.

Seeds is an option soon though. Wink

Added to OP. Thanks for the pool!

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Hello, could you explain what is the real purposes of this coin since the name is using that Marijuana thing.
Thanks.
Activity: 69
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
So the pool is ready, its better to prepare anyting to mine.
May i know what did we use to mine is it GPU or CPU?
Pages:
Jump to: