Pages:
Author

Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion - page 71. (Read 647054 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
November 19, 2019, 03:38:50 PM
The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)

This will be a pretty critical call for MA's model because on the ECM 2015.75 should have been a transition high but really it turned out to be a low so now 2020.05 should invert the next transition low into a high. The currency arrays also said the same thing so we'll have to see if this actually works out or not.  The markets are due for a correction on my charts as well but the central banks have yet to take their foot off the accelerator just yet.
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
November 19, 2019, 11:42:42 AM
The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)

Interesting Gumbi. Let's wait and see.
copper member
Activity: 168
November 19, 2019, 08:24:19 AM
Hey guys I have to admit that I am totally confused as to exactly what armstrong is predicting next few years

He is on record as saying that the broad market will keep going much much higher because the money that comes out of bonds will have to go somewhere and that only place is equities

But then for the next 3 years he is saying bonds are going to totally crash worst since 1931

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/rule-of-law/custodial-risk-in-new-york-city/

So you are saying equities will just keep cruising higher as bond markets default and collapse ?  In 1929 they sure didn't

But then he is also saying that the January 18th 2020 cycle turning point might INVERT and instead be a HIGH for equities

He also saying that the negative yielding debt is a time bomb that is going to explode worse than 2008.  2008 mortgage backed securities was a tiny fraction of what's coming

https://youtu.be/SYvE9L_KZ9w

So what exactly is the forecast from him. Totally confused

Activity: 580
Merit: 17
November 19, 2019, 02:11:59 AM

No forecast, no prediction here. The prediction will come, if at all, in hindsight, after the fact. Armstrong never predicts anything with any verifiable level of accuracy.

Armstrong does not have any original ideas. For example, it is common knowledge that capital has to flow into equities when interest rates decline and governments become over-indebted.

Armstrong bolts his crazy ECM onto these stolen concepts. His strength is re-publishing, wrapping things up as if they were predicted by his so-called Global Artificial Intelligence Computer which does not exist.

Check his assertions and predictions against the facts and actual events. He usually modifies the facts to fit his narrative. What some observers call predictions are mostly stories produced in hindsight. His ECM is a rigid time machinery constructed around some factors derived from a small series of historical economic events, assuming that history will repeat like a clockwork. If it does not fit, which usually is the case, then he uses mental constructs like cycle inversions and superposition events to fit the failing model to reality.

Most importantly, this model cannot be used for trading purposes. That is because if you want to trade, the first obvious problem to deal with is that his fixed time frame boundaries cannot be aligned with the actual timing of any real world events. Real word events like highs and lows do not align themselves with end of day, end of week , end of quarter, end of year which is what would be required to make Socrates work.

On failure, the system (which in fact is not a system because there is no code that executes the myriad of rules that are made up on the fly) always provides alternative paths of fitting reality in hindsight.

The most glaring workarounds are shifting from one time frame to another until finally something lines up with reality in hindsight. If even that does not work, then a cycle inversion is employed - and the system was right again.

So it is no wonder that people who are trying to make sense out of this get confused. Confusion is the inevitable result.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Activity: 61
November 18, 2019, 09:00:38 PM
Hey guys I have to admit that I am totally confused as to exactly what armstrong is predicting next few years

He is on record as saying that the broad market will keep going much much higher because the money that comes out of bonds will have to go somewhere and that only place is equities

But then for the next 3 years he is saying bonds are going to totally crash worst since 1931

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/rule-of-law/custodial-risk-in-new-york-city/

So you are saying equities will just keep cruising higher as bond markets default and collapse ?  In 1929 they sure didn't

But then he is also saying that the January 18th 2020 cycle turning point might INVERT and instead be a HIGH for equities

He also saying that the negative yielding debt is a time bomb that is going to explode worse than 2008.  2008 mortgage backed securities was a tiny fraction of what's coming

https://youtu.be/SYvE9L_KZ9w

copper member
November 15, 2019, 08:38:08 AM

Haha Gumbi, are you really trying to defend this, you are a joke man. I read the report over the Christmas holiday but you are basically saying that everything changed then already! Wow, so Armstrongs year end report is valid for 1 week and then you have to 'think for yourself'. It is strange that you are mentioning all the other reversals, those were not mentioned in the report. So how should one know? You then need a subscription to all the separate markets?

The most interesting part is that you have indeed all the reversals of all these markets + 2018 year end report.
So there is no way you are not Armstrong yourself or part of the Armstrong fraud group.

I have to agree the year end report for 2018 was a complete waste of money and Armstrong should of updated it at the end of december since the Pro service had not even been released yet.

"The most interesting part is that you have indeed all the reversals of all these markets + 2018 year end report.
So there is no way you are not Armstrong yourself or part of the Armstrong fraud group. "

I believe the pro service came out in January 2019. You are aware that the pro subscription shows previously elected reversals in this case on the monthly level right? that is how I got all the reversals and its 25 dollars per subscription including 1 free.

November 15, 2019, 04:06:46 AM
"The only failure on the part of Armstrong is he never updated his 2018 year report ..."
Right, lol. I think we all missed Martin Armstrong's disclaimer at the end: Everything Martin Armstrong forecasts should be treated as out-of-date and invalid garbage.

Yes, paying $750 for a Year-end report, then he doesn't even update it before the new year starts Roll Eyes

Exactly!!
November 15, 2019, 04:05:08 AM

Regarding the Dow Jones the year-end report for 2018 came out on the 17 December, the Dow jones dropped another 8% from there, by the close of December we elected 2 major monthly bearish reversals and  tested and penetrated the 3rd monthly bearish reversal at 22415 but never elected it. the fourth monthly bearish was at the 19000 level.
This is a basic hold of support for December suggesting we can move up from here so this move was called perfectly by the reversal system by simply failing to elect its 3rd MAJOR monthly bearish.

You cannot expect Armstrong to update his report every week based on new price movement. You have to start using your own brain power instead of mindlessly trading based on the words of Armstrong which can become  obsolete only a few days/weeks later based on future price movement. The only failure on the part of Armstrong is he never updated his 2018 year report but if you had any idea how the reversal system worked that update would of not be necessary at all.

The  S&P 500 Index dropped another 8% from the release of the 2018 report, we elected 2 monthly bearish reversals at the end of December and penetrated the 3rd major monthly bearish reversals at 2446.54 but failed to elect it.

MA: "The Monthly Bearish Reversals lie at 268230 and 259460. Electing the first will imply a further marginal decline into early 2019 whereas which need a closing below both to imply a test of the 240400-24525 level."

Can you not see your mistake? on the 24 on December the  S&P 500 Index was trading at 2351 at the close clearly testing that level.  Do you have any idea what you are even talking about or how the reversal system works?

The  Nasdaq dropped another 8% after the release of the 2018 year end report. The Nasdaq elected 3 monthly bearish reversals and held its 4th monthly bearish reversal at 6334.58 which the market penetrated but failed to elect for the end of December.

Why don't you pull up a monthly chart on crude oil and tell me we are not still in a broader bearish position we are currently trading at around 56 dollars, we still have not exceeded the high of 2018...
we clearly did not elect the yearly bearish reversal and we held major monthly reversals at 43.57, 42.10, 39.18 showing strong monthly and yearly support below. we also elected a major monthly bullish at the end of Feb at the 54 level

Would you like me to continue?

Haha Gumbi, are you really trying to defend this, you are a joke man. I read the report over the Christmas holiday but you are basically saying that everything changed then already! Wow, so Armstrongs year end report is valid for 1 week and then you have to 'think for yourself'. It is strange that you are mentioning all the other reversals, those were not mentioned in the report. So how should one know? You then need a subscription to all the separate markets?

The most interesting part is that you have indeed all the reversals of all these markets + 2018 year end report.
So there is no way you are not Armstrong yourself or part of the Armstrong fraud group.

But everything you say only makes it worse. Everybody here on this blog knows it already:
MARTIN ARMSTRONG IS A FRAUD!

s29
Activity: 184
Merit: 8
November 14, 2019, 08:25:42 PM
"The only failure on the part of Armstrong is he never updated his 2018 year report ..."
Right, lol. I think we all missed Martin Armstrong's disclaimer at the end: Everything Martin Armstrong forecasts should be treated as out-of-date and invalid garbage.

Yes, paying $750 for a Year-end report, then he doesn't even update it before the new year starts Roll Eyes
copper member
November 14, 2019, 08:00:00 PM

P.S. Martin Armstrong is a con artists and Socrates is a scam.

Under what authority can you even speak? you have no idea how the reversal system even works... the array and energy model are simply beyond your comprehension.

YOU ONLY trade on Reversals!!!!! You want to focus on the words of Armstrong because you have not got a clue how to trade based on the numbers alone so I suggest you look elsewhere this model requires some level of research and understanding on your part.
Activity: 16
November 14, 2019, 05:38:41 PM

P.S. Martin Armstrong is a con artists and Socrates is a scam.
November 14, 2019, 01:28:02 PM

Please don't. It is sad to see that you are still taking the bait and show us the futility of Socrates. Socrtates is a scam.

For those who haven't come to this conclusion:

Socrates is ambiguous. It creates signals in opposite directions on different time frames AND other signals in seemingly different dimensions like forecast arrays without resolving the conflicts. That creates the opportunity for you guys to ALWAYS claim that the system was right. It is pointless to argue about reversals and such.

The Socrates contraption works only in hindsight, by means of cherry-picking. Martin Armstrong never posts any statistics about the overall performance of the system because that would be devastating. And besides, if the system would actually work, he would take it offline and trade based on it.

Armstrong re-publishes facts that are easy to see such as this political divide, corruption etc. and claims that his clockwork universe ECM model predicted it all, again using his hindsight methods. Boring. As dibley8899 just pointed out - everybody can see it. We don't need Martin Armstrong to tell us that many politicians and some governments are corrupt. Or do we?

After reviewing all the facts presented here, one needs to be fairly stupid to believe that the ECM works, even more so to believe that Martin Armstrong is a genius.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

copper member
November 14, 2019, 12:58:02 PM
Gumbi, from the 2018 Year end report:

DOW JONES:
MA: "The 2017 closing was 24719.22 and the 2017 high was 24876.07. A lower closing for 2018 will warn that the market is entering 2019 weak."

Danb1: The 2018 close was 23,327.46. Instead of entering 2019 weak we moved up like a rocket. DOW is up ~19% in 2019.

SP500:
MA: "The Monthly Bearish Reversals lie at 268230 and 259460. Electing the first will imply a further marginal decline into early 2019 whereas which need a closing below both to imply a test of the 240400-24525 level."

Danb1: The 2018 close was 2506.85. SPX is up ~23% in 2019.

NASDAQ COMP.:
MA: "The Monthly Bearish Reversal lies at 699110 so this is a key number to watch for the closing of 2018. If elected, we should see a decline further into January."

Danb1: The 2018 close was 6635.28. Nasdaq is up ~28% in 2019 (+9.5% in January!)

DAX:
MA: "We have elected the first two Monthly Bearish Reversals leaving 1060740 as our next in line. The Quarterly Bearish Reversal lies at 1141480 which we are trading below. Electing this will also warn that the DAX is pointing down into 2019 with a target in the 930000 level is also the Monthly Bearish is elected. The Yearly Bearish lies at 835495."

Danb1: The 2018 close was 10,558,96. DAX is up ~25% in 2019

WTI Oil:
MA: "During October, Crude reach 7690 in the Texas market. We already elected two Monthly Bearish Reversals and the next lies at 45.57. We have a Minor Yearly Bearish Reversal at 41.25 and a closing below $85 keeps crude in a broader
bearish position."

Danb1: The 2018 close was $45.21. WTI is up ~27% in 2019.

Look at the numbers yourself.

Regarding the Dow Jones the year-end report for 2018 came out on the 17 December, the Dow jones dropped another 8% from there, by the close of December we elected 2 major monthly bearish reversals and  tested and penetrated the 3rd monthly bearish reversal at 22415 but never elected it. the fourth monthly bearish was at the 19000 level.
This is a basic hold of support for December suggesting we can move up from here so this move was called perfectly by the reversal system by simply failing to elect its 3rd MAJOR monthly bearish.

You cannot expect Armstrong to update his report every week based on new price movement. You have to start using your own brain power instead of mindlessly trading based on the words of Armstrong which can become  obsolete only a few days/weeks later based on future price movement. The only failure on the part of Armstrong is he never updated his 2018 year report but if you had any idea how the reversal system worked that update would of not be necessary at all.

The  S&P 500 Index dropped another 8% from the release of the 2018 report, we elected 2 monthly bearish reversals at the end of December and penetrated the 3rd major monthly bearish reversals at 2446.54 but failed to elect it.

Can you not see your mistake? on the 24 on December the  S&P 500 Index was trading at 2351 at the close clearly testing that level.  Do you have any idea what you are even talking about or how the reversal system works?

The  Nasdaq dropped another 8% after the release of the 2018 year end report. The Nasdaq elected 3 monthly bearish reversals and held its 4th monthly bearish reversal at 6334.58 which the market penetrated but failed to elect for the end of December.

Why don't you pull up a monthly chart on crude oil and tell me we are not still in a broader bearish position we are currently trading at around 56 dollars, we still have not exceeded the high of 2018...
we clearly did not elect the yearly bearish reversal and we held major monthly reversals at 43.57, 42.10, 39.18 showing strong monthly and yearly support below. we also elected a major monthly bullish at the end of Feb at the 54 level

s29
November 14, 2019, 10:55:38 AM
DanB1, thanks for your effort to get the facts out.

Socrates is ambiguous. It creates signals in opposite directions on different time frames AND other signals in seemingly different dimensions like forecast arrays without resolving the conflicts. That creates the opportunity for Martin Armstrong to ALWAYS claim that the system was right. It is pointless to argue about reversals and such.

Wow, not so fast AnonymousCoder, this "reader" clearly disagrees Shocked :

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/the-hidden-order-the-motive-for-something-greater-than-the-norm/

The Hidden Order & The Motive For Something Greater Than the Norm
Blog/Forecasts
Posted Nov 14, 2019 by Martin Armstrong

COMMENT: Mr. Armstrong;
What I have witnessed from your Socrates and the private blog the past two days, Nov. 29, 30, 2017, has got to be one of the most incredible man-made technological wonders ever created.

I am only a few years into your models but the past two days has left me stunned. The Socrates system and your blogs have captured, analyzed, and translated what I used to call the mood of the markets. I could for some time see underlying patterns and capture general ideas of trends by market fundamentals and of course political/investor influences, but how to analyze it all yet capture the actions of a human driven market to a precise time is nothing short of earth shattering (with a touch of “I told you so” if I may add).

There is a natural explanation captured within the Socrates analysis, which to me boggles my mind as most algorithms, codes, formulas are not at all natural. I recall reading the night when you said the outputs of your models “came to you”. The computer was giving answers but how to translate them was the key. That moment must have been like no other.

Your market skills were proven, then you set out to offer this public service, commercial free no less, which naturally has pissed off the ones that wanted an unearned advantage, credentials, and limelight. Strange how the pure-hearted always come out on top.

During my formal engineering career, I have had a nose for finding the best tool, system or person for the job, and finding your work crushes other analysts, those who are now, as you have put it so eloquently “getting their face smashed into the sidewalk.”

I want you to know that I am one of the little people you seem to want to help. One that relies on the savings over time and can now guide not only my own future but others as well. I am fortunate because I had to save on my own, employers don’t give benefit packages to cripples, because if they did I wouldn’t have got the job. At investing I wasn’t bad at nailing a few market trends but I had to learn on my own since nothing I came across made any sense to me, but learning your system is dominating knowledge. I want you to know that I study your writings a good sixty hours a week because I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but there’s no sense in not trying. I’m not that good yet but I can’t get enough.

You gave me this confidence sir, so as petty as this letter is, I just want you to know that this is one life that is bettered because of your generosity and those people in your organization who must be some of the best to offer such an incredible gift.

I owe you one;

RH

Armstrong is so shameless lately, it's almost becoming comical Cheesy

And how the hell does someone study Armstrong's writings 60 hours a week?
s29
November 14, 2019, 10:47:08 AM
Nothing like Monsieur Marty LOL  hehohehoheho

Good afternoon

I would like to share a testimony to Marty:

I am french and have attended a conference of technology in Germany last weekend, in which Barack Obama attended as a guest speaker.
Though I am not American nor Republican, I was really surprised by the tonality and the comments different American speakers voiced during the speeches about Republicans and Donald Trump : uneducated, in denial, egocentric, dumb,… a speaker even said she regretted not having offered a “Dump Trump” sweater to President Obama (quote). I was really surprised to see the level of undisclosed hatred being displayed in a business/public event..

You are absolutely right, the gloves are dropped now, and 2020 will be hectic in the USA…
Thanks a million for your blog and your insights, you are a true teacher to me

Au Revoir folks   Grin Grin Grin

LMAO, his FANMAIL is getting really out of control:

Check this one:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-the-future-2/

Gold & the Future
Blog/Gold
Posted Nov 13, 2019 by Martin Armstrong

QUESTION: Mr. Armstrong; First I want to thank you for your conference. It was my first time and I was impressed when your daughter asked how many people attended prior sessions. The number of people standing beyond 10 years was impressive. I spoke with one who had been at your 1987 WEC. He said you not only called the crash and the day of the low, but you said gold would rally only $25 and resume its decline. Now we have people still preaching how gold will rally because of the credit crisis they seem to lack the understanding of how it is unfolding. I just finished reading the Hoarding Dollars report. It is really outstanding.

Do you see these people preaching the end of the world so buy gold as just a broken record? I looked at the 1987 move. You were correct. Gold rallied begrudgingly and then resumed its decline. What will it take to make gold sustainable?

WK

Well, if this isn't written by Armstrong himself, I don't know what is.
s29
November 14, 2019, 10:42:39 AM
Good post from DanB1!

Thats fantastic proof right there completely wrong. Same as nearly all the rest actually. But Marty says the ECM is economic and not stocks so look out for the drift once theres no top bottom on January 21 I think it is.

Everybody knows that the stock market bottoms before the low in economic activity. But Armstrong said in August this year that "The market is in a bearish mode as the Economic Confidence Model heads into its business cycle low come January 2020.". With the market I presume he primarily means the stock market, not the economy. Why the hell would he say that if the stock market usually bottoms way earlier than the economy is beyond me. He should have known that, since he's been doing this for decades.
November 14, 2019, 05:33:02 AM
DanB1, thanks for your effort to get the facts out.

Socrates is ambiguous. It creates signals in opposite directions on different time frames AND other signals in seemingly different dimensions like forecast arrays without resolving the conflicts. That creates the opportunity for Martin Armstrong to ALWAYS claim that the system was right. It is pointless to argue about reversals and such.

His contraption works only in hindsight, by means of cherry-picking. Martin Armstrong never posts any statistics about the overall performance of the system because that would be devastating. And besides, if the system would actually work, he would take it offline and trade based on it.

Armstrong re-publishes facts that are easy to see such as this political divide, corruption etc. and claims that his clockwork universe ECM model predicted it all, again using his hindsight methods. Boring. As dibley8899 just pointed out - everybody can see it. We don't need Martin Armstrong to tell us that many politicians and some governments are corrupt. Or do we?

After reviewing all the facts presented here, one needs to be fairly stupid to believe that the ECM works, even more so to believe that Martin Armstrong is a genius.

Activity: 80
November 14, 2019, 05:17:54 AM
DanB

Thats fantastic proof right there completely wrong. Same as nearly all the rest actually. But Marty says the ECM is economic and not stocks so look out for the drift once theres no top bottom on January 21 I think it is.

Nothing like Monsieur Marty LOL  hehohehoheho

Good afternoon

I would like to share a testimony to Marty:

I am french and have attended a conference of technology in Germany last weekend, in which Barack Obama attended as a guest speaker.
Though I am not American nor Republican, I was really surprised by the tonality and the comments different American speakers voiced during the speeches about Republicans and Donald Trump : uneducated, in denial, egocentric, dumb,… a speaker even said she regretted not having offered a “Dump Trump” sweater to President Obama (quote). I was really surprised to see the level of undisclosed hatred being displayed in a business/public event..

You are absolutely right, the gloves are dropped now, and 2020 will be hectic in the USA…
Thanks a million for your blog and your insights, you are a true teacher to me

Au Revoir folks   Grin Grin Grin
November 14, 2019, 04:44:45 AM
Gumbi, from the 2018 Year end report:

DOW JONES:
MA: "The 2017 closing was 24719.22 and the 2017 high was 24876.07. A lower closing for 2018 will warn that the market is entering 2019 weak."

Danb1: The 2018 close was 23,327.46. Instead of entering 2019 weak we moved up like a rocket. DOW is up ~19% in 2019.

SP500:

Danb1: The 2018 close was 2506.85. SPX is up ~23% in 2019.

NASDAQ COMP.:
MA: "The Monthly Bearish Reversal lies at 699110 so this is a key number to watch for the closing of 2018. If elected, we should see a decline further into January."

Danb1: The 2018 close was 6635.28. Nasdaq is up ~28% in 2019 (+9.5% in January!)

DAX:
MA: "We have elected the first two Monthly Bearish Reversals leaving 1060740 as our next in line. The Quarterly Bearish Reversal lies at 1141480 which we are trading below. Electing this will also warn that the DAX is pointing down into 2019 with a target in the 930000 level is also the Monthly Bearish is elected. The Yearly Bearish lies at 835495."

Danb1: The 2018 close was 10,558,96. DAX is up ~25% in 2019

WTI Oil:
MA: "During October, Crude reach 7690 in the Texas market. We already elected two Monthly Bearish Reversals and the next lies at 45.57. We have a Minor Yearly Bearish Reversal at 41.25 and a closing below $85 keeps crude in a broader
bearish position."

Danb1: The 2018 close was $45.21. WTI is up ~27% in 2019.

Look at the numbers yourself.

copper member
November 13, 2019, 12:34:07 PM
@s29

funny but we didn't elect a yearly bearish reversal on the S&P 500 at the end of 2018. Armstrong never said no new highs only no new highs on a sustainable basis and the rally we are in currently in is not sustainable according to the energy model on the monthly level as well.

Armstrong is calling for quite a significant pullback going into 2021 if we do in fact make a high in January 2020 in line with the ECM.

Gumbi, read the 2018 end of year report. It was so bearish (on the DOW). 11 months later and we are 18% higher...
You completely missed the rally. I started the year very short but gladly I recognized MA is a clown and I bought US Treasury and bond procies early in the year.
Martin Armstrong has no clue, he is a complete amateur.

We elected 2 monthly bearish reversals at the end of December 2018 and penetrated the 3rd monthly bearish at 22415 but never elected it. Remember that all 4 monthly bearish reversals need to be elected to change the trend. At the end of January 2019 we elected a monthly bullish reversal.
Pages:
Jump to: