Author

Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread - page 135. (Read 226673 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
October 23, 2013, 04:02:39 PM
was just rapping with the guys at Cryptsy ~ apparently MSC will be listed there soon?  Cool

Are you asking or telling? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
October 23, 2013, 03:59:11 PM
was just rapping with the guys at Cryptsy ~ apparently MSC will be listed there soon?  Cool
hmmm ?
Activity: 47
October 23, 2013, 03:53:26 PM
http://mastercoin-explorer.com/advisors/new
We're sorry, but something went wrong.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

Is anyone else receiving that error?

Same error for me. I used it before few weeks ago,
Why did it stop working?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Expert Computer Geek
October 23, 2013, 03:21:40 PM
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
October 23, 2013, 03:14:47 PM
Hi Max,

This is the correct BTC receive address for the MSC.
1K7ebt2PamR7Q7qD75v7HMj5EmSPWrmcLQ

It is always pleasant to deal with a nice and honest person. Thank you Max.

I have a limit of 5 personal messages sent per hour. My BTC receiving address for the MSC is 1K7ebt2PamR7Q7qD75v7HMj5EmSPWrmcLQ
I just received your message.

Regards,
Shawn

Alright, thanks. Will send escrow details via PM.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
October 23, 2013, 03:11:31 PM
Hi Max,

This is the correct BTC receive address for the MSC.
1K7ebt2PamR7Q7qD75v7HMj5EmSPWrmcLQ

It is always pleasant to deal with a nice and honest person. Thank you Max.

I have a limit of 5 personal messages sent per hour. My BTC receiving address for the MSC is 1K7ebt2PamR7Q7qD75v7HMj5EmSPWrmcLQ
I just received your message.

Regards,
Shawn
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
October 23, 2013, 03:11:12 PM
Max I already sent 16.5 MSC to Jereonn13 address, if everything was OK, send me 2.1 btc from the escrow address (keep 0.045 btc as a tip)
Thank you again!
PS: also please remove my ask offer from the orderbook for now.
@dacoinminster: that  http://mastercoin-explorer.com/advisors/new doesn't work from here Sad

How are you all sending Mastercoins? I suppose I could run the script but I have to install the base58 module first.

Watch out for extra whitespace when using that webpage. Note that I also released an exe version of MasterCoin advisor.

Please don't start giving away MSC until I update the giveaway thread with the new rules. That may not be until tomorrow.

Thanks!
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
October 23, 2013, 03:06:35 PM
Max I already sent 16.5 MSC to Jereonn13 address, if everything was OK, send me 2.1 btc from the escrow address (keep 0.045 btc as a tip)
Thank you again!
@dacoinminster: that  http://mastercoin-explorer.com/advisors/new doesn't work from here Sad

How are you all sending Mastercoins? I suppose I could run the script but I have to install the base58 module first.
Activity: 672
October 23, 2013, 02:58:58 PM
Thank you again!

legendary
Rational Exuberance
October 23, 2013, 02:33:38 PM
I understand. I can be polite.
How do I make MSC transactions using Mastercoin advisor? I have the script and I'm reading it but haven't figured out what I need to do to use it to send a test transaction or any other kind of transaction.

You just need your standard bitcoin client, and the easiest way to figure out what to do is probably to use this page: http://mastercoin-explorer.com/advisors/new

You might try a couple sends to yourself first, then check to make sure the MSC gets transferred properly by using one of the websites which track MSC transfers.

Your bitcoin client will need to be able to send to three addresses at once. Android can't do that yet, and I hear multibit can't either.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
October 23, 2013, 02:28:37 PM
Guys, I'm really honoured by the trust you have in me but I'll have to pass on this. Truth is that I just don't have the time to run this.
Handling the order book and escrows is more than enough for me at the moment. Like many others I do have a full time job outside the Mastercoin world as well ...

I kinda thought so Smiley

Like I said before, I have 30 MSC and I have some time this week to distribute it. I don't think I should necessarily run the campaign but I'd be willing to contribute to it. Do you want to run it? Or are you just trying to keep me from running it?

Luckybit, if you want to take a shot at this, you'll have to learn how to make MSC transactions, follow rules set out in advance, and clear payouts with me in advance before you make them.

You'll also have to promise to be nice to everyone, no matter how hard that is. You can't go around flaming people you disagree with like HammerFist does Smiley

JR - that ninja guy maybe can do this, ripper234

I already know what he would say. He's busier than anybody.

I could run a giveaway in my twitter account and FB group.

I am sure some people would be interested.

I don't need to actually manage the funds, if someone is attributed with this task I could pass him the details.

Also I need guidance on how I should handle these data - maybe some will not want to be public and that will bring the verification issue.

Any ideas?
October 23, 2013, 02:27:34 PM
Luckybit, if you want to take a shot at this, you'll have to learn how to make MSC transactions, follow rules set out in advance, and clear payouts with me in advance before you make them.

You'll also have to promise to be nice to everyone, no matter how hard that is. You can't go around flaming people you disagree with like HammerFist does Smiley
I understand. I can be polite.
How do I make MSC transactions using Mastercoin advisor? I have the script and I'm reading it but haven't figured out what I need to do to use it to send a test transaction or any other kind of transaction.

legendary
Rational Exuberance
October 23, 2013, 02:24:16 PM
Guys, I'm really honoured by the trust you have in me but I'll have to pass on this. Truth is that I just don't have the time to run this.
Handling the order book and escrows is more than enough for me at the moment. Like many others I do have a full time job outside the Mastercoin world as well ...

I kinda thought so Smiley

Like I said before, I have 30 MSC and I have some time this week to distribute it. I don't think I should necessarily run the campaign but I'd be willing to contribute to it. Do you want to run it? Or are you just trying to keep me from running it?

I already know what he would say. He's busier than anybody.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
October 23, 2013, 02:11:19 PM
October 23, 2013, 02:07:00 PM
I just don't want you to give 30MSC to some moron who made a meme and then think that you can claim 33MSC back from the project.  But if you give 30 of your own MSC to a guy who tells you he is Santa Clause - that is totally fine by me.  Carry on by all means.

When did I ever say I would give out 30 MSC to any single person? That would defeat the whole point.
I said .1 to .9 for each person.

Stop trolling.
Activity: 42
October 23, 2013, 02:05:15 PM
I just don't want you to give 30MSC to some moron who made a meme and then think that you can claim 33MSC back from the project.  But if you give 30 of your own MSC to a guy who tells you he is Santa Clause - that is totally fine by me.  Carry on by all means.
October 23, 2013, 01:59:53 PM
Poor maxmint. He's already really busy with all your trades. Sorry maxmint - feel free to say no!
If he can't do this, it will be time constraints, not intelligence constraints.
JR - Max rose up above and beyond to make a market for us all.  Our tips were good, but definitely did not adequately compensate him.  If there is another pool of MSC to be distributed for the good of the project, I'd vote that Max takes a few of those because on his own volition he did make an interesting trading desk which works pretty well.  This is a great benefit to us all until the real exchange is operational.  

Those tips don't come close to what it is worth to us all to have a nice functional market today.  I'd be very disappointed if you didn't agree with me that his effort is worth about 100 - 200 MSC.  I hope the promotional pool isn't the only remaining give-a-way coin you've got.  Is it?

For instance we could give out MSC to whoever comes up with the best phrase to describe MSC. We could give out MSC to whomever comes up with a funny meme and so on.
I am certain you won't be running this campaign.  

Activity: 700
October 23, 2013, 01:55:05 PM
Poor maxmint. He's already really busy with all your trades. Sorry maxmint - feel free to say no!

Activity: 42
October 23, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
JR - Max rose up above and beyond to make a market for us all.  Our tips were good, but definitely did not adequately compensate him.  If there is another pool of MSC to be distributed for the good of the project, I'd vote that Max takes a few of those because on his own volition he did make an interesting trading desk which works pretty well.  This is a great benefit to us all until the real exchange is operational.  

Those tips don't come close to what it is worth to us all to have a nice functional market today.  I'd be very disappointed if you didn't agree with me that his effort is worth about 100 - 200 MSC.  I hope the promotional pool isn't the only remaining give-a-way coin you've got.  Is it?

For instance we could give out MSC to whoever comes up with the best phrase to describe MSC. We could give out MSC to whomever comes up with a funny meme and so on.
I am certain you won't be running this campaign. 
October 23, 2013, 01:47:50 PM
I vote for Maxmint handling the giveaway!

And his must hire an assistant for the escrow and start charging standard fees.

I agree. If one person must do the giveaway then Maxmint is the most trusted person under than JR.
But if Maxmint does not have the time then we can still do the giveaway. For instance we could give out MSC to whoever comes up with the best phrase to describe MSC. We could give out MSC to whomever comes up with a funny meme and so on.

True enough.  But he didn't deserve the punishment of running a manual exchange either and he did a hell of a good job with that.  This guy: buymastercoin.com had big ambition to make a market and produced nothing.  Max now has a track record.  

btw, have you noticed that when max is active, the order book and message flow and completed transactions naturally take off and go crazy - and the minute max leaves, the market dies until tomorrow?  The market is really fun and dynamic, so long as Max is hooking everyone up with transaction help.   Once that guy goes to sleep - nothing gets done.

That is why I said we should have more than one person do it. If its a very time consuming job then when one person goes to sleep or takes a break another can fill in. It might be chaotic but it would work and probably wouldn't be too difficult.
Jump to: