Pages:
Author

Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address” - page 16. (Read 448423 times)

legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

Step 1:

Extract the Masterchest Zip file.  Run Masterchest_Wallet.exe.  Much parsing.

When did dogecoin vocabulary infect Mastercoin?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
any good news about wallet? Grin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Nice job, way to go!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Amazing, well done, testing it asap
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
Keep moving, I can't wait to see how MSC will go to the moon.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Quick x-post to say I'll be releasing the first proper alpha of my wallet for testing later tonight.

You guys whom have done Class A sends manually via the advisor script would be great first testers Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/masterchest-wallet-alpha-testing-thread-484025

Thanks Smiley
Zathras
NICE!
Activity: 285
Hey guys,

Quick x-post to say I'll be releasing the first proper alpha of my wallet for testing later tonight.

You guys whom have done Class A sends manually via the advisor script would be great first testers Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/masterchest-wallet-alpha-testing-thread-484025

Thanks Smiley
Zathras
great job!
buy msc!
 Grin
Activity: 266
Hey guys,

Thanks Smiley
Zathras
Activity: 31

Please don’t hesitate to offer pointers, or to get more heavily involved.  The more masterminds the better.

The most recent dev update has been prepared and posted by Ryan :
http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/02/22/development-update-7-wallets-and-smart-naming/

In it, you’ll see lots of updates on where we are, what we’re doing, and where we’re headed. 

Anyone wanna come along?

Craig

wow, thanks for sharing  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
1. Should Android wallet based on the GO stuff?

1. No. It should probably use the existing bitcoin wallet as a starting point

Well ... a pure Android wallet wouldn't be written in either Python or Go, but rather in Java.
A wallet that relies on the server can use whatever server tech for backend including mastercoin-tools.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/02/22/development-update-7-wallets-and-smart-naming/

In it, you’ll see lots of updates on where we are, what we’re doing, and where we’re headed. 

Anyone wanna come along?

Craig

Good to see (promising) updates. I liked the concept of “Proof of Sacrifice”, great idea to filter assets spams.

Can't wait to be around mid-march Smiley
Activity: 142
I was wondering about what will happen to the test mastercoins...
will they be deleted when the protocol is working? Otherwise,
 it could be that they become valuable as well.

Selnu, TMSC are not deleted. 

TMSC are used to test new features on the Master Protocol, and TMSC do not have value.  They are only active for new features until a certain block number is designated for release, at which point MSC become active to use with those features.

TMSC having any value would undermine its' purpose, and any TMSC used for testing new features should be returned to the location from where they were obtained, including faucets, to keep them recyclable for new features in the future.

Regarding using mastercoin-tools as your reference client, be aware that it is based deeply around libbitcoin/sx/obliesk. Currently, AFAIK these tools do not compile under Windows. There is some talk about it, but nothing has come out of that yet. Doing some work around that would probably be one of your first steps, along with an automated build system for all supported architectures. Maybe create a bounty or something similar to help move that along.

Beyond that, mastercoin-tools' method of data storage is error prone and may need some work (i.e. many .json files on the drive, instead of a database -- lacking ACID, data controls, etc). Plus, it calls out to sx and manually parses through the output of the command, which will be lacking performance-wise (i.e. rapid process instantiation/takedown) and command output string parsing is normally pretty fragile by nature.

Past that, it may work... not sure of the API...haven't taken a good look there.

Care to lend a hand?  Wink

Hah, actually, you got to my post before I could delete it. Dang. Smiley

And actually, the reason I deleted it on second thought is because based on my earlier experiences with a mastercoin reference client (as well as initially putting the idea out there), I didn't want to kick off anything else or get involved in any degree... nor do I have the time. However, honestly I just wanted to throw in a few pointers that may help your team out.  Just some technical considerations to be aware of, as you consider potential reference clients. Best of luck!

I’m glad I captured it.  Cool

Honestly, development progress is coming along quite nicely, and several teams are already in testing of their work.  I’m quite impressed with what I’m seeing. 

The items you described above (and that I quickly captured, because good comments need to stick around) are some conceptual elements that are being discussed and addressed, as we speak.  Not saying we’ve solved them, but they’re on deck.

Please don’t hesitate to offer pointers, or to get more heavily involved.  The more masterminds the better.

Anyone wanna come along?

Craig
Activity: 462
Regarding using mastercoin-tools as your reference client, be aware that it is based deeply around libbitcoin/sx/obliesk. Currently, AFAIK these tools do not compile under Windows. There is some talk about it, but nothing has come out of that yet. Doing some work around that would probably be one of your first steps, along with an automated build system for all supported architectures. Maybe create a bounty or something similar to help move that along.

Beyond that, mastercoin-tools' method of data storage is error prone and may need some work (i.e. many .json files on the drive, instead of a database -- lacking ACID, data controls, etc). Plus, it calls out to sx and manually parses through the output of the command, which will be lacking performance-wise (i.e. rapid process instantiation/takedown) and command output string parsing is normally pretty fragile by nature.

Past that, it may work... not sure of the API...haven't taken a good look there.

Hah, actually, you got to my post before I could delete it. Dang. Smiley

And actually, the reason I deleted it on second thought is because based on my earlier experiences with a mastercoin reference client (as well as initially putting the idea out there), I didn't want to kick off anything else or get involved in any degree... nor do I have the time. However, honestly I just wanted to throw in a few pointers that may help your team out.  Just some technical considerations to be aware of, as you consider potential reference clients. Best of luck!

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance

2. Will Tachikoma leave some design documents, I mean not only code, but things like use case, class diagram, sequence chart ,state machine... just like a real software engineering process.

This makes other engineer(s) easy to catch up.
And a good design makes easy to maintain and add new features.

1. No. It should probably use the existing bitcoin wallet as a starting point

2. Yes, and he'll still be around for questions
Activity: 34

2. Will Tachikoma leave some design documents, I mean not only code, but things like use case, class diagram, sequence chart ,state machine... just like a real software engineering process.

This makes other engineer(s) easy to catch up.
And a good design makes easy to maintain and add new features.
Pages:
Jump to: