Pages:
Author

Topic: Maybe I am the last bull... - page 2. (Read 2720 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
June 28, 2013, 04:53:35 PM
Warren Buffet teaches that if you like it you should buy it and hold it and never sell.

Buffet sells stocks all the time.

Warren Buffet says you would invest in what you're passionate about. and the more money you have to more true that becomes, because you know maybe some big players in this market place we call life! aren't looking for a quick buck, their here for the same reasons i am, to Do Something Worthwhile!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006
June 28, 2013, 04:52:22 PM
today everyone thinks that bitcoin "or something like it" is almost certainly going to be the future of how human civilization engages in trade and storing of value.
LOL, what a joke. Such a cult mentality.

Is that what you said about the internet?  Huh

I hope you're just trolling; either that or you don't understand tech.

Bitcoin 'or something like it' is here to stay.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
June 28, 2013, 04:47:45 PM
You are not the only bull, there are plenty of people around who think the price will go up long-term. Some of us just realize the long-term and short-term can be moving in opposite directions.

Seems like an unsustainable situation though. Like I said, good luck not being the person who sold at the bottom.
Good luck holding when you could have doubled/tripled/quadrupled/etc your coins. (See what I did there?  Wink)

Pretty illogical to use that as a basis for ignoring sentiment and technical indicators. Many people realize that much more money can be made not using "buy and hold" strategy, which simply rejects countless opportunities to make profit.

@MAbtc: You realize you are in a crowded room full of bears at a tea party, speaking vocally about how the bitcoin cookies taste awful while simultaneously creeping towards the last bitcoin cookie. You are going to be a hungry, hungry bear.
Again, telling people this doesn't make it so. You retaining this ominous tone that "you're going to miss the train" -- as the perma-bulls have been screaming for the past month as we slid from high 130s to low 90s -- isn't very convincing.

As for a being a hungry, hungry bear, I was happy to sell the last off my coins in the 130s and certainly am not selling at the bottom. I do not day trade and do not intend to panic. If I miss the bottom, whatever... my initial investment is recouped, I have profits locked in, and I certainly won't being buying in at a loss considering my past positions.

Let the bears have their time to make money.  Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
America, land of the free
June 28, 2013, 04:43:30 PM
Warren Buffet teaches that if you like it you should buy it and hold it and never sell.

Buffet sells stocks all the time.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
June 28, 2013, 04:40:41 PM
You are not the only bull, there are plenty of people around who think the price will go up long-term. Some of us just realize the long-term and short-term can be moving in opposite directions.

Seems like an unsustainable situation though. Like I said, good luck not being the person who sold at the bottom.
Good luck holding when you could have doubled/tripled/quadrupled/etc your coins. (See what I did there?  Wink)

Pretty illogical to use that as a basis for ignoring sentiment and technical indicators. Many people realize that much more money can be made not using "buy and hold" strategy, which simply rejects countless opportunities to make profit.

I think some people are great at day trading.  It takes some skill though and perhaps some great intuition as to what the market is doing.  I would think it would be wise to always hold on to some because we could wake up tomorrow and BTC could literally be $500 a coin.  All it would take is something that would trigger a panic buy with a large number of people.  I personally do not trust myself enough to risk my little stash.  I always seem to pick the worst times to sell, then I buy back too soon.  I have broken even with my day trading experience so I figure I may as well just sit back and enjoy the ride.  But I do envy those of you who manage to work the system so much better than I do!  Well done!  Wish I had the skills, but it is good to know what our weaknesses are and be patient.

Nobody is great at day trading. Some people are simply lucky over the short term.

Everyone will lose money day trading over the long term.

Probably true.  I guess it takes wisdom to realize that it is going nowhere and decide to just hold.  But there may be some experts out there that realize that too and are really able to work the system.  It is a gamble though.
legendary
June 28, 2013, 04:39:40 PM

The best case scenario is that the early adopters hold for long enough, NEVER sell for fiat, then we can buy a new car for 0.001 BTC at some point. Wink

Like I said, I am definitely bullish on BTC!

Granted, I may be a little too much so.  Since I invested only what I can afford to lose, there is very little risk on my part though so I will just enjoy this ride.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
June 28, 2013, 04:37:34 PM

I think some people are great at day trading.  It takes some skill though and perhaps some great intuition as to what the market is doing.  I would think it would be wise to always hold on to some because we could wake up tomorrow and BTC could literally be $500 a coin.  All it would take is something that would trigger a panic buy with a large number of people.  I personally do not trust myself enough to risk my little stash.  I always seem to pick the worst times to sell, then I buy back too soon.  I have broken even with my day trading experience so I figure I may as well just sit back and enjoy the ride.  But I do envy those of you who manage to work the system so much better than I do!  Well done!  Wish I had the skills, but it is good to know what our weaknesses are and be patient.

Nobody is great at day trading. Some people are simply lucky over the short term.

Everyone will lose money day trading over the long term.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
June 28, 2013, 04:34:39 PM
legendary
June 28, 2013, 04:32:51 PM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 28, 2013, 04:32:06 PM

Well, you can also invest your coins instead.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
June 28, 2013, 04:28:12 PM

@MAbtc: You realize you are in a crowded room full of bears at a tea party, speaking vocally about how the bitcoin cookies taste awful while simultaneously creeping towards the last bitcoin cookie. You are going to be a hungry, hungry bear.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
June 28, 2013, 04:27:01 PM
Bitcoin has a use. It's the question of how wide that usage will become. Another entry into the tor drug market place has launched. Unfortunately the black grey market might be the only driving force for the future, but new technology has always been bootstrapped by the forces of Vice. The political fiat printers can obfuscate the exchange of coins into their currency, but unless they are willing to risk revealing the grand lie we live in a free society, they are handcuffed, bitcoin is just a hash that is rare, it's a piece of text, one can claim it's defended by Freedom of Speech, so maybe one day we will see a ruling by the Supreme Court, but that's a long way off.
June 28, 2013, 04:25:40 PM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 28, 2013, 04:17:14 PM
Like I said, good luck not being the person who sold at the bottom.
You cannot be the last person to sell at bottom, if you are never going to sell them below $100.
When I've bought my Bitcoins I've accepted that there is a chance of them to go to zero.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
June 28, 2013, 04:17:09 PM
I am definitely a bull.  I guess I realize that BTC could very well drop back down to $60 or so again.  It is a wild ride for sure, but I don't want to risk selling to buy back again because I have learned the hard way that we really do not know when the price will go up, and then keep going up never to return to same low again!  It seems better just to buy and hold at this point, especially if I believe, which I strongly do, that bitcoin will be well over the high of $266 at some point down the road.

At some point soon!

bear capitulation necessary
legendary
June 28, 2013, 04:15:05 PM
I am definitely a bull.  I guess I realize that BTC could very well drop back down to $60 or so again.  It is a wild ride for sure, but I don't want to risk selling to buy back again because I have learned the hard way that we really do not know when the price will go up, and then keep going up never to return to same low again!  It seems better just to buy and hold at this point, especially if I believe, which I strongly do, that bitcoin will be well over the high of $266 at some point down the road.

At some point soon!
legendary
June 28, 2013, 04:13:19 PM
legendary
June 28, 2013, 04:12:20 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
June 28, 2013, 04:10:16 PM
June 28, 2013, 03:58:28 PM
today everyone thinks that bitcoin "or something like it" is almost certainly going to be the future of how human civilization engages in trade and storing of value.
LOL, what a joke. Such a cult mentality.
Pages:
Jump to: