Pages:
Author

Topic: Mayweather Vs McGregor: Info and prediction thread - page 18. (Read 11759 times)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
Mcgregor is super underdog with that fight since we used to see him fighting in UFC and the gloves is much more lighter than the boxing gloves and also his stamina will fall since the rules is on boxing and he is not comfortable to fight for so long. And I will not be surprised if Mayweather will nailed it since he can dominate inside the boxing ring.
We cant still be sure on the result of this fight but seeing on the advantages in stamina i would really go for Mayweather and we can really compare it since UFC fighting isnt really too much when it comes on fight duration and rounds which we cant see on boxing.  If the game would based really on boxing style then Floyd would really have the edge. Fight is fast approaching i cant wait anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
Mcgregor is super underdog with that fight since we used to see him fighting in UFC and the gloves is much more lighter than the boxing gloves and also his stamina will fall since the rules is on boxing and he is not comfortable to fight for so long. And I will not be surprised if Mayweather will nailed it since he can dominate inside the boxing ring.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Sick of all these MMA fans saying boxing is on a decline. Please do your homework before making remarks that are well off the mark. 80,000 fans watched Froch and Groves in Wembley. 90,000 watched  AJ v Vlad in Wembley.

As for PPV buys,  Mayweather v Pacquiao got 4.6 million buys. McGregor v Diaz got 1.6 million buys. So MMA's biggest fight ever is dwarfed by boxings.

Boxing has got loads of top money makers when it comes to PPV.  MMA has only one in McGregor, and yes only because he's got a big mouth. So when he retires which will be on 26th august, MMA can go back to being a minority sport.

And don't forget Canelo vs Golovkin on September, it will be an huge success too.

Not to mention, Lomachenko is going to become an huge PPV attraction in the following years. I can already see Gervonta Davis vs Loma being an epic clash.

On other news, McGregor is live doing his media workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2U89wDcVGY

Mayweather did his media workout and he is looking sharp and his stamina is great.

Jon Jones as well. That is why he is calling Brock to make a money fight. Ronda is already irrelevant and GSP who we thought is going back again, back out. So only legitimate superstar are Connor and Jones. GGG vs Canelo is gonna be huge fight as well. I'm looking for Loma vs Mikey, I think this will be also huge for boxing. We can't really compare boxing and mma in terms of its superstar. MMA is still young at opposed to boxing. Mayweather PPV's alone can dwarf PPV records of MMA. I checked the undercards, it looks like most of them are under Mayweather's TMT management. Good exposure for them in the largest sporting event this year. I hope they really gives us a good showing so that we will take notice of the upcoming stars.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Sick of all these MMA fans saying boxing is on a decline. Please do your homework before making remarks that are well off the mark. 80,000 fans watched Froch and Groves in Wembley. 90,000 watched  AJ v Vlad in Wembley.

As for PPV buys,  Mayweather v Pacquiao got 4.6 million buys. McGregor v Diaz got 1.6 million buys. So MMA's biggest fight ever is dwarfed by boxings.

Boxing has got loads of top money makers when it comes to PPV.  MMA has only one in McGregor, and yes only because he's got a big mouth. So when he retires which will be on 26th august, MMA can go back to being a minority sport.

And don't forget Canelo vs Golovkin on September, it will be an huge success too.

Not to mention, Lomachenko is going to become an huge PPV attraction in the following years. I can already see Gervonta Davis vs Loma being an epic clash.

On other news, McGregor is live doing his media workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2U89wDcVGY

Mayweather did his media workout and he is looking sharp and his stamina is great.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
I'm only repeating what one of my friend's who trains MMA told me. He says people hang from a bar with weights attached to their legs to increase their reach/arm length. I can't vouch for its accuracy. It is possible a person's shoulder joints might become more looser or more flexible over time with training allowing a person to gain more extension on how far their arms can reach. I would be very interested to see the results of a medical study on that.

I think Malignaggi knows they won't release the footage. Floyd's trainers could analyze it and break down strengths/weaknesses which could help Floyd in the fight. They might release it after the fight though.
Even if they hang from a bar with weight attached there wont be much of a difference unless you are in the growing stage,other than that it is not medically possible from what i know  Grin it could increase the muscle around that region ,the only thing you could do is to strengthen their bone and muscles if you are a grown man. With the fight day approaching i am a bit confused how capable McGregor could be in this fight.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
I have read in some newspapers that tickets on black market for this fight will go up to 130 000$... I don't know why would price go so high, think that Mayweather will win this easily and wouldn't be so interesting  to watch.

For real? Or those people are part of the ticketing management and promotion and tells the people there that it will come up on that rate? Please show us some screenshot from that newspapers or have some picture of it, everyone here is interested to see those possibility. And right now I haven't seen any stage from this fight.
Sorry for late response, here si the screen shot of that article..

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh491/laoce/Mayweathher%20vs%20McGregor_zps36meswyo.png

Activity: 750
Merit: 252
I have read in some newspapers that tickets on black market for this fight will go up to 130 000$... I don't know why would price go so high, think that Mayweather will win this easily and wouldn't be so interesting  to watch.

Would you post a reference. Or just name that newspaper you've read it from.

I think $130000 For a ticket is just too much. Probably because of the hype. But too much still!
I wasn`t able to post back earlier, I was out of town and screen shot that I made was on my desktop computer.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh491/laoce/Mayweathher%20vs%20McGregor_zps36meswyo.png
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Bone can be malleable to some extent during your growth, but after you are a grown adult, there's no way you are going to expand your bones with exterior forces anywhere notable.

Hanging from a bar is a good exercise to decompress the spine, it makes you a bit taller, but I mean your arms are not going to grow 3 inches, that must be a mistake when measuring Conor's arms or something.

The Malignaggi thing is good banter. Also Paulie will be commenting the fight on Showtime so he will be there watching the fight, he said he will reveal some stuff in august 26th during commentary. According to Paulie, the entire fight is recorded and he told them to release the entire footage, so its up to then now.

I'm only repeating what one of my friend's who trains MMA told me. He says people hang from a bar with weights attached to their legs to increase their reach/arm length. I can't vouch for its accuracy. It is possible a person's shoulder joints might become more looser or more flexible over time with training allowing a person to gain more extension on how far their arms can reach. I would be very interested to see the results of a medical study on that.

I think Malignaggi knows they won't release the footage. Floyd's trainers could analyze it and break down strengths/weaknesses which could help Floyd in the fight. They might release it after the fight though.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
I was going to make a bet on McGregor via KO/TKO, but I didn't expect the line to be that low.  I was expecting it would at least open at 8.00?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1013
Nitrogen Sports Forum Rep
Mayweather vs. McGregor Props Available

HOW WILL THE FIGHT END?
Mayweather via KO/TKO/Disqualification (-152)
Mayweather via Decision/Technical Decision (+200)
McGregor via KO/TKO Disqualification (+475)
McGregor via Decision/Technical Decision (+2000)
Draw/Technical Draw (+4200)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

The reason people say that boxing is on a decline is simply because there are not that exciting matches in boxing ,we had a few now,glad they are giving what the fans want and that is how it should be,boxing always had big numbers when it comes to big names and that is not a very big surprise,i would like to know the PPV numbers of other main events in the past ten years which pulled these kind of numbers.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265

legendary
There's a new interview with Mayweather and he is looking really young for 40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PCRShqZKu0

I think he is downplaying his superiority to get people to buy tickets. He has to sell the fight as if he is the underdog and trick people into thinking he is too old and small for McGregor.

Everything is possible in the sport of boxing and Conor could get lucky, but, Mayweather should have an easy night. He said he will go aggressive against him tho, we'll see.

Conor McGregor have the crowd with him but yeah crowd can't help you anything when it comes to the ring. Agreed with you, it's an easy fight for Mayweather but no one knows what will happen. If he play aggresive, i think Mayweather can k.o mcgregor, in the other hand if he play defensive, mcgregor has a chance.

Seriously? Have you been watching both fighters' fights? If mayweather gets too cocky and decides to stand toe to toe with connor, he has the more.probability to get knocked out. Everyone knows that mayweather is a defensive technical fighter so all the advantage is with him ifnhe decides to fight the way he's used to.
I much pretty go with you ,like the quotation of "The best offense is defense" and to consider Floyd Mayweather's best skill is to defend and attack to counter punch. The crowd and word by word talks by Mcgregor is not a big factor to Floyd .

MMA fanboys and boxing casuals think that McGregor is a super hero from a Marvel comic that will destroy a worldclass boxer in a boxing match. They are so delusional. I hope McGregor doesn't get lucky because it would hurt the sport of boxing as a whole, it would be a shitshow that would last for years. There's 1 in 100 chances that McGregor actually KO's Mayweather during the first 2 to 4 rounds, and if that happens, it wouldn't be good. Im hoping Mayweather's skills are as good as always and McGregor isn't able to land a single full punch.
Activity: 659
Merit: 250

I think he is downplaying his superiority to get people to buy tickets. He has to sell the fight as if he is the underdog and trick people into thinking he is too old and small for McGregor.

Everything is possible in the sport of boxing and Conor could get lucky, but, Mayweather should have an easy night. He said he will go aggressive against him tho, we'll see.

Conor McGregor have the crowd with him but yeah crowd can't help you anything when it comes to the ring. Agreed with you, it's an easy fight for Mayweather but no one knows what will happen. If he play aggresive, i think Mayweather can k.o mcgregor, in the other hand if he play defensive, mcgregor has a chance.

Seriously? Have you been watching both fighters' fights? If mayweather gets too cocky and decides to stand toe to toe with connor, he has the more.probability to get knocked out. Everyone knows that mayweather is a defensive technical fighter so all the advantage is with him ifnhe decides to fight the way he's used to.
I much pretty go with you ,like the quotation of "The best offense is defense" and to consider Floyd Mayweather's best skill is to defend and attack to counter punch. The crowd and word by word talks by Mcgregor is not a big factor to Floyd .
Activity: 826
Merit: 265

LOL. Did you know that Mayweather is one of the best defensive boxer that is currently alive? That is his assets, not to be hit and you are saying that if he play this way Conor has a chance? How can Conor has a chance if he can't hit Mayweather because of his defense? I think there will be rounds that Mayweather will try to stand toe to toe with Conor, but most of the rounds will be a defensive style for him and then attack Conor if there is an opening.
legendary
Other than that. Floyd is superior, and these 2 things are things he can't control. He has fought taller guys like Corrales and De La Hoya, he also fought big guys like Canelo, but as far as I can remember he has never fought a guy with the reach of McGregor, even tho I think McGregor is frauding a bit his reach... I think his reach is at least 1 shorter.

I mean can anyone explain what the fuck is this?

Looks like his arms grew a couple inches in a couple years? and he was measured 5'10'' vs Brandao. So I think these tale of the tape measurements are bullshit and margin of error is at least 1 inch up and down. Mayweather got long reach enough too, I think it will not be that much of a disadvantage for him.

I've heard stories of fighters hanging by their arms from a bar with weights tied to their legs in an attempt to make their arms longer & give themselves more reach. Can't say whether its true or false, if it works or is medically unhealthy.

The irish news is quoting one of McGregor's sparring partners as saying that Conor didn't push Malignaggi & that people will be able to judge for themselves whether or not it was a legit knockdown later when the footage is released:

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/boxing/2017/08/09/news/in-mcgregor-s-corner-the-truth-about-that-spar-between-paulie-malignaggi-and-conor-mcgregor-1105459/

Bone can be malleable to some extent during your growth, but after you are a grown adult, there's no way you are going to expand your bones with exterior forces anywhere notable.

Hanging from a bar is a good exercise to decompress the spine, it makes you a bit taller, but I mean your arms are not going to grow 3 inches, that must be a mistake when measuring Conor's arms or something.

The Malignaggi thing is good banter. Also Paulie will be commenting the fight on Showtime so he will be there watching the fight, he said he will reveal some stuff in august 26th during commentary. According to Paulie, the entire fight is recorded and he told them to release the entire footage, so its up to then now.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Other than that. Floyd is superior, and these 2 things are things he can't control. He has fought taller guys like Corrales and De La Hoya, he also fought big guys like Canelo, but as far as I can remember he has never fought a guy with the reach of McGregor, even tho I think McGregor is frauding a bit his reach... I think his reach is at least 1 shorter.

I mean can anyone explain what the fuck is this?

Looks like his arms grew a couple inches in a couple years? and he was measured 5'10'' vs Brandao. So I think these tale of the tape measurements are bullshit and margin of error is at least 1 inch up and down. Mayweather got long reach enough too, I think it will not be that much of a disadvantage for him.

I've heard stories of fighters hanging by their arms from a bar with weights tied to their legs in an attempt to make their arms longer & give themselves more reach. Can't say whether its true or false, if it works or is medically unhealthy.

The irish news is quoting one of McGregor's sparring partners as saying that Conor didn't push Malignaggi & that people will be able to judge for themselves whether or not it was a legit knockdown later when the footage is released:

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/boxing/2017/08/09/news/in-mcgregor-s-corner-the-truth-about-that-spar-between-paulie-malignaggi-and-conor-mcgregor-1105459/

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Who's in the under card of this dog and pony show?  There's only around two weeks to train.  Lol.  I hope they won't be getting two midgets to box just to have that circusy feel for the whole event.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: