Pages:
Author

Topic: McDonald’s Is Days From Opening Restaurant Run Entirely By Robots - page 13. (Read 15909 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 252
McDonalds needs to get in works with Amazon then. Since Amazon's running drone delivery service, they can team up with McDonalds and deliver Big Mac's to customers anywhere in the world. Those jobs that the robots took, give them to workers to fly the drones or bag up the orders for delivery Cheesy I can't wait to get a 10 piece with honey mustard airdropped to me Cheesy
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
What happens if the customer wants extra sauce or doesn't want a certain ingredient? how does a robot determine which burger (example) is being made this customer?

Such that some people don't want salt with their fries, can the robot feed this into the mix and prepare one fries for the customer then salt the rest and then pack for the remaining customers?

These situations I would like to see a robot handle. if they can, then i believe mcdonald's can be run by robots and their human maintenance team.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I'm not so sure about that, since cooking is actually quite a mathematical science it would just be a matter of getting robot arms capable of flipping a pancake over and so on and then that's chef's being made obselete, sure it'd be trickier for them to make other stuff but because it's all just a matter of how long you're heating something up it might be possible to do a few

The trick is making them ambi-dextrous and letting them sense things then they could do it but right now they're slow, clunky and don't have any independent power source.
Activity: 882
Robots will never take over the thinking process of machines, at least until they can creatively think for themselves, any scientist will tell you it just isn't possible right now especially since robots can be outsmarted by a paradox.

Yeah we don't know what will be happen in future, technologies have developed rapidly.
We hope can get good service from the robots.

Service maybe.. But it sure as hell won't be good food. (Calling it food is really a stretch, makes me feel dirty to call it food)
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Robots will never take over the thinking process of machines, at least until they can creatively think for themselves, any scientist will tell you it just isn't possible right now especially since robots can be outsmarted by a paradox.

Machines? Do you mean humans? It might not be possible now but it certainly will in the future. There's a lot of interesting debate about what will happen. I think humans will have probably destroyed themselves or the planet long before robots or AI ever do.

The future is sad a world with no jobs,and once AI becomes reality all high end jobs like programmers etc will be wiped out too not just the lowbie mcdonalds ones.

McSkynet

Haha. That was pretty funny.[/pre]
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

Yeah we don't know what will be happen in future, technologies have developed rapidly.
We hope can get good service from the robots.
Activity: 882
Meanwhile McDonald employees go missing......

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
The future is sad a world with no jobs,and once AI becomes reality all high end jobs like programmers etc will be wiped out too not just the lowbie mcdonalds ones.

McSkynet

http://i.imgur.com/AjYBzRn.png
legendary
legendary
How about poor people? They don't have anything to buy their stuff, and can't be hired to work by any companies because the job had been done by robots.

This is a wrong argument. Technology (indirectly) helps to create more jobs, than taking them away. Look at the United States and the European Union after computers were widely introduced in the 1990s. The unemployment rate actually went down, productivity increased, and the average wages increased by many times.

Yes because in 1900s the computer need a human as operator. But, what can you do if the operator is changed to a robot? All of humans job will taken by the machines. I'm not talking about science fiction movie like "Terminator" or "I, Robot", but it's possible to happen in future.
legendary
How about poor people? They don't have anything to buy their stuff, and can't be hired to work by any companies because the job had been done by robots.

This is a wrong argument. Technology (indirectly) helps to create more jobs, than taking them away. Look at the United States and the European Union after computers were widely introduced in the 1990s. The unemployment rate actually went down, productivity increased, and the average wages increased by many times.

It just goes to show you what happens when you don't learn skills that are actually needed to help civilisation grow, if all you have are service sector jobs then nothing will progress, if however you have crafstment, builders and engineers building these machines people claim to hate so much then yes that massively increases employment. Somebody is going to be needed to repair these robots and change their parts etc. it's not our fault if people refuse to adapt, part of the problem I think is that people just find a job and think they're going to stick with it until they retire on a pension so of course when the world turns against them they look for something or somebody to blame for it and don't look at their options.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

legendary
It's good news for customers, bad news for McDonalds employees.
For customers, the service from McD will be faster, cleaner, and tidier. Yeah McD has served us so fast with the employees, but customers feel better with quicker service.
For employee, it's bad. There are so many work that have been done by machines. And we can say, robots fired employees.

These types of jobs are going to become redundant over the next decade so people are really going to need to acquire other skills. I actually think the technology will be better overall and will save money for many businesses but that's just bad luck for employees. All industries evolve and some become redundant or next to redundant but that's just the nature of commerce. Look at taxi drivers. They're going to become wiped out by uber and even they will become wiped out by robot drivers or driver-less cars http://spectrum.ieee.org/transportation/advanced-cars/meet-zoox-the-robotaxi-startup-taking-on-google-and-uber

The technology maybe give more profit to the business owner, because the business will run constantly with automatic programs than had employees who could get sick, tired, or lazy. Yeah, bad luck employees. Maybe the future world will be lived by rich people that can had so much money to buy technology for their life and business. How about poor people? They don't have anything to buy their stuff, and can't be hired to work by any companies because the job had been done by robots.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
By July this year? It is good to hear McDonald will be opening a robots-based restaurant. There will be an robots-based theme park in Japan this or next year - not too sure. I can see that technology is growing everyday. And.. AI is becoming danger. Anyway, I also hope that McDonald will accept Bitcoin soon - they already gave us hint.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Good to hear that more and more people are staying away from McDonald's and the latter needs to find innovative methods to attract its lost customers. May be they should improve the quality of their raw materials. Rather than using the chemical-laden processed cheese and antibiotic-laced meat, they should use organic products.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
For customers, the service from McD will be faster, cleaner, and tidier. Yeah McD has served us so fast with the employees, but customers feel better with quicker service.
For employee, it's bad. There are so many work that have been done by machines. And we can say, robots fired employees.

These types of jobs are going to become redundant over the next decade so people are really going to need to acquire other skills. I actually think the technology will be better overall and will save money for many businesses but that's just bad luck for employees. All industries evolve and some become redundant or next to redundant but that's just the nature of commerce. Look at taxi drivers. They're going to become wiped out by uber and even they will become wiped out by robot drivers or driver-less cars http://spectrum.ieee.org/transportation/advanced-cars/meet-zoox-the-robotaxi-startup-taking-on-google-and-uber
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
The food already looks like it was made by robots and the staff already act like them so not much of a change here. They've started installing kiosks where you order the food yourself at my local mcdonalds so it won't surprise me when they go fully automated. This is just something that is bound to happen as why would you pay over the odds for people to do a basic task poorly when you can get a machine to do it perfectly and relatively cheaply in comparison.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
LOL very interesting news Smiley
We must admit that McDonalds always was innovative and avant-garde in relation to others.
Unlike the competition they are very well positioned in many countries of the world and their organizations work is flawless.
Robotics and automation of their work is the logical next step in their business.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
Pages:
Jump to: