Pages:
Author

Topic: MegaBigPower.com - Managed Hosted Mining - page 3. (Read 7915 times)

vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
January 19, 2013, 05:01:22 PM
My service may not appeal to many miners located in the US, but having the miners managed at the same baseline power price could make some sense.  In Europe, its a different story.

Besides, I'm looking for rigs that don't really fit in your average home/apartment scenario.

Mods: I thought this thread would have more relevance here, but feel free to move it to the services category if you feel that's better placed.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
January 19, 2013, 04:58:43 PM
a baseline power cost to you of between 9.6c kW/H and 14.4c kW/H. 

I pay between 8.3 - 9.6 cents per kWh in my home, sounds like you need to find a cheaper location for your data center
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
January 19, 2013, 04:46:40 PM
Depending on the size of your rig, prices will target a baseline power cost to you of between 9.6c kW/H and 14.4c kW/H.  These are estimates - I haven't nailed down all my costs yet.

Thanks for your consideration,
buzzdave
megabigpower.com
9.6-14.4c per kW/H? That's right in the range that most of us are paying for residential electricity.

Do your prices factor in insurance?
I'd also be interested in this. Can you give more details about what your hosting service would look like? Speaking of services, wouldn't this thread be better off in HERE?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 19, 2013, 03:46:45 PM
Do your prices factor in insurance?

Edit.  I missed that you mentioned insurance.  Can you be more specific about the extent of insurance coverage?
donator
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
January 19, 2013, 03:44:05 PM
I am extremely interested.

Will email you my current setup.
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
January 19, 2013, 03:41:00 PM
I'm measuring market interest in my hosted computing service.  By building a data center where power is the cheapest in the nation, I can house your hardware and run it for cheaper.  This translates to bottom line profits for you and can extend the viability of your current hardware for as long as possible.

I intend to provide 24x7 secured, insured managed hosting for a lower monthly cost than your base power costs.  Depending on the size of your rig, prices will target a baseline power cost to you of between 9.6c kW/H and 14.4c kW/H.  These are estimates - I haven't nailed down all my costs yet.

I'm gathering customer interest here - this is not a presale.  I am looking to take on a few larger "anchor" customers with FPGA rigs in the next two weeks, along with getting a sense of how many ASIC miners (any manufacturer is ok) would want to take advantage of this service in the future.

Just go to my site and sign up, which will give me an idea of how many people are interested.  It will also put you on my mailing list and send you an initial informational email.  I will not spam you or sell your emails, etc.

If you have an immediate interest for FPGA hosting, you can reply to the email with your rig size, power usage and other details.  I'll get back with you immediately to work on the actual monthly price. 

Thanks for your consideration,
buzzdave
megabigpower.com
Pages:
Jump to: