Pages:
Author

Topic: Mercury - Fully trustless cryptocurrency exchange - Looking for testers! - page 10. (Read 35120 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
Do you plan to release source, or windows binary only?

Do you need to have a running core/qt wallet open to make a transaction using this app/service? So, would you need to have running synced bitcoin, litecoin, and dogecoin qt/core wallets synced and running to make trades?

Yes, the source is on Github, I'll make it public right now. I didn't post it at first because it's not really ready to support a huge amount of users, but I understand that it's important for people to be able to trust the software.

The wallet runs light (SPV) clients for each currency, so no other wallets are neccessary. The first time you run the wallet, it will take only a few minutes to sync the blockchains, then you can start sending/receiving money or trading via the peer-to-peer networks for each coin.

Thanks! Sounds very interesting. Put thread on watch mode, hope to see some more updates soon... Smiley
Activity: 82
Merit: 13
Thanks for the feedback, I open-sourced the code!

Do you need to have a running core/qt wallet open to make a transaction using this app/service? So, would you need to have running synced bitcoin, litecoin, and dogecoin qt/core wallets synced and running to make trades?

Yes, the source is on Github, I'll make it public right now. I didn't post it at first because it's not really ready to support a huge amount of users, but I understand that it's important for people to be able to trust the software.

The wallet runs light (SPV) clients for each currency, so no other wallets are neccessary. The first time you run the wallet, it will take only a few minutes to sync the blockchains, then you can start sending/receiving money or trading via the peer-to-peer networks for each coin.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

The world's first trustless cryptocurrency exchange

Download
An early alpha preview is available for download. We're looking for testers, download it and try it out!

Source Code: https://github.com/mappum/mercury

Twitter: @MercuryExchange

Introducing Mercury

Mercury is a desktop wallet that eliminates the need for centralized exchanges. Currencies can be traded peer-to-peer, directly from the wallets of the traders.

Mercury Wallet implements the Cross-Chain Atomic Swap protocol, allowing users to buy and sell different cryptocurrencies, without any third-parties holding their funds. Trades happen on the blockchain(s), not in some exchange's database.

I've been working on Mercury for the past few months, and it is ready for an early alpha release.

What can I trade on Mercury?

Mercury v0.1 currently supports:
  • Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Dogecoin

Many more currencies and crypto-assets will be added in the future if they are in high demand by Mercury users. Rather than supporting all altcoins, I strongly believe in only supporting cryptocurrencies that provide real value, especially innovative "Bitcoin 2.0" technologies. Any crypto-asset can be tradable on Mercury, as long as it at least supports transaction scripts like Bitcoin's.

Some possible assets to be added:
  • Ethereum
  • Colored coins (USD, company stock, etc.)
  • Sidechains
  • Nubits
  • Filecoin
Pages:
Jump to: