Pages:
Author

Topic: Mercury - Fully trustless cryptocurrency exchange - Looking for testers! - page 2. (Read 35120 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
If there is BTC/Fiat, it will be better, I will try it after it launches.

now how would u do decentralized crypto -> fiat?
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
If there is BTC/Fiat, it will be better, I will try it after it launches.
legendary
Activity: 966
Wow really nice project some ETA for beta release?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Another interesting take on the peer to peer exchange model:

http://veritaseum.com/
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
Are all the SPV wallets for main net coins apart from the Bitcoin test net SPV wallet?

This is a great project and I hope the Bitcoin devs implement the changes needed.

Half the community has been clamoring for a distributed exchange for years.
This is a fantastic project, I am surprised that you are creating this on your own dime, as this would of been worthy of an
IPO / crowdfunding / kickstarter campaign.

Please pm me for any assistance you may need, in terms of PR marketing, beta testing, etc. Be honored to help out pro bono. ☺

H.

+1 for NuBits support. We'll be watching this project with great interest!

I second that motion... or any other alt that is pegged to the dollar... such as tether, bit USD, etc. Would help make the exchange fiat friendly, without the fiat.

I totally agree with your criteria for choosing alt coins... volume.

I would also recommend sticking initially with the legacy alt coins, like ltc, ppc and the more vetted newer coins like doge, monero... Again all with good volume.

Keep up the outstanding work!

H.

Activity: 682
Merit: 269
I am actually quite surprised that this has not taken off faster than it has already, what is stopping this from exploding? I haven't reviewed the code, but there does not seem to be any complaints from current users, so why has it not gained extreme attention?

Two reasons:
1. The software is still a little buggy, not in ways that should lose money, but in ways that make the client hard to use. I have yet to fix some annoying crashes.
2. Until the OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY changes are adopted by each coin, there is a TX malleability attack that can let the counterparty steal the funds that should have paid out to you.

I'm working on building out all the code, so #1 should not be a major issue for long. But #2 waits on the coin developers to merge the OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY changes. This is very likely to happen since a lot of other protocols rely on this change, but all I really can do is wait.

I'd say, don't wait for altcoins, we can use bitcoin testnet and trade them for real bitcoin, or testnet for testnet coins.
Assuming bitcoin has this feature.
Activity: 682
Merit: 269
I am actually quite surprised that this has not taken off faster than it has already, what is stopping this from exploding? I haven't reviewed the code, but there does not seem to be any complaints from current users, so why has it not gained extreme attention?

Two reasons:
1. The software is still a little buggy, not in ways that should lose money, but in ways that make the client hard to use. I have yet to fix some annoying crashes.
2. Until the OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY changes are adopted by each coin, there is a TX malleability attack that can let the counterparty steal the funds that should have paid out to you.

I'm working on building out all the code, so #1 should not be a major issue for long. But #2 waits on the coin developers to merge the OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY changes. This is very likely to happen since a lot of other protocols rely on this change, but all I really can do is wait.

Perhaps test the exchange by trading bitcoins for bitcoins?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Great Project good luck  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
I'm going to make a prediction, everyone is going to recommend you add their favorite altcoin because then the software will truly be used..
Activity: 126
Moon
Who be awesome to have shadowcash added
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
It would be great to get the 2 tokens from ShadowCash on this. Currently you can trade the public token SDC many places but there is no place to trade the 100% anonymous SDT Shadow Token. That would be so cool to link other coins (BTC, LTC, DOGE) to that tech using Mercury!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
id like to help test this too, its a pretty cool idea.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

Two reasons:

Has anyone offered to help you out in development yet? Are there any users providing testing feedback?
Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Two reasons:

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Add XMR and you will see usage as well as support.
legendary
Activity: 1038
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
any way I could help? I only use monero, so .......
Pages:
Jump to: