Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit - page 2. (Read 439 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
April 28, 2018, 02:53:41 PM

Who da hell cares about campaign managers? Merit system was mainly created in order to prevent spam that is mostly coming from sig campaign participants, not managers. Most managers are established forum members and merits given to them for just posting a thread doesn't change anything. It is only numbers and the feel of inequality for lower rank members. There is nothing what people should fight against.

That's what I thought, but it has been pointed out to me that bounty promotion is not done in this forum, but is on social media platforms, and that the sig campaigns are something else. This is why the bounty boys don't care about getting above junior rank. I've no idea how true this is, and perhaps somebody knowledgeable could explain the mechanism to us.

If it is true, then maybe we could work with the bounty maanagers to contain the bad posting on the main boards.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
April 28, 2018, 01:29:11 PM
I'm only just starting to understand a bit about the bounty sub-culture on Bitcoin Talk. I agree with you comment about awarding of merits for bounty creation. It's probably going a bit far, but maybe the bounty culture should have it's own merit system.
Who da hell cares about campaign managers? Merit system was mainly created in order to prevent spam that is mostly coming from sig campaign participants, not managers. Most managers are established forum members and merits given to them for just posting a thread doesn't change anything. It is only numbers and the feel of inequality for lower rank members. There is nothing what people should fight against.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 69
April 28, 2018, 11:58:39 AM
I think that the merit should be given to people who have done a solid job in the bounty program, but for various reasons have not been rewarded - most often the failure of the project.

What do you think about organising it somehow? Does it make sense?
In my opinion, mainly people share merit with each other and the new one is much more difficult now than it was e.g. a year ago. 100% sad but true
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
April 28, 2018, 11:55:57 AM
I often find quite a bit of sMerit awarding to Ann/Bounty threads, especially to the OPs and by the OPs. It does seem to work quite like a "like" feature there. The thing is, you could just as easily wonder about sMerit awarded daily for gifs in certain sections, or backdated posts with no substance for example in others.

Limiting where sMerit is used I believe is not the intention on the Forum, and being there uses that are straying away from the general intent, I believe that freedom of use rules and is here to stay.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
April 28, 2018, 11:44:10 AM
I'm only just starting to understand a bit about the bounty sub-culture on Bitcoin Talk. I agree with you comment about awarding of merits for bounty creation. It's probably going a bit far, but maybe the bounty culture should have it's own merit system.
Activity: 20
Merit: 6
April 28, 2018, 11:16:44 AM
Pages:
Jump to: