Pages:
Author

Topic: [MERIT GIVEAWAY] Open to Newbies and jr members - page 2. (Read 1008 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
I have to admit I'm a little surprised here.
Given that many newbies complain about how difficult it is to get their first merit and how difficult it is to progress in this forum, I expected a lot more posts and interests.
If there is no newbie interest in this action then I would rather help other forum members and reward their quality posts with merits.
Ok, I edited the title a little bit so that it might be clearer what this topic is about, so let's wait and see.
Any newbie want to report his/her good quality post?

IMHO you might want to rephrase your thread. At a glance, I thought it's some wide-scale project until I realized it's a merit giveaway thread. Below is a title  example which you could apply or adjust to your preference:

[MERIT GIVEAWAY] Open to Newbies/ Jr Members

Then from there, your OP could be short but straightforward:
I'm giving up to 3 Merits to each user who links his/ her helpful posts. Just post yours if they deserve Merits

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
Since I received just a few applications for merits until now I decided to extend my offer also to jr members.
I hope they will accept this offer and send some good suggestions which I can reward with merits.
If not,  I will use merits I have to help others.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 0
Thank for the opportunity, hope I too won a merit here. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53026321
Activity: 107
I guess my post isn't worthy enough, anyways congratulations to @kinggta10 and big ups to you guys for helping.👏
legendary
I expected a lot more posts and interests.
Me too, I have been keeping an eye on the thread since the day you posted it, as I promised to also give out the few Smerits I have if I find good newbie posts, but only about four newbies have till now dropped links to their posts, I'm disappointed at that number and I'm wondering if the reason is that this newbies lack good posts or at too lazy to drop a link to their good posts, when many times we see threads from them asking how they can earn merits.

I actually gave merits to @kinggta10,  because i think he really put work into making that post, it's all about consistency, if he only he continued to make good posts such as that, he maybe could have ranked up a little.

Thank you for your support.
I really hope that reason why only a few newbies reported their posts here isn't because others have nothing to report or they are too lazy Smiley
Any way, we will see what happens next and if more candidates will report their quality posts.
I also rewarded user @kinggta10 with merit and I'm really astonished that he didn't receive any merit for his really good post since last year.
Even if only he used this chance to report good quality post and finally receive well deserved merit and become jr. member, I think this topic fulfilled intended purpose.
Good luck @kinggta10.
Now waiting for other newbies.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
I expected a lot more posts and interests.
Me too, I have been keeping an eye on the thread since the day you posted it, as I promised to also give out the few Smerits I have if I find good newbie posts, but only about four newbies have till now dropped links to their posts, I'm disappointed at that number and I'm wondering if the reason is that this newbies lack good posts or are too lazy to drop a link to their good posts, when many times we see threads from them asking how they can earn merits.

I actually gave merits to @kinggta10,  because i think he really put work into making that post, it's all about consistency, if he only he continued to make good posts such as that, he maybe could have ranked up a little.
If there is no newbie interest in this action then I would rather help other forum members and reward their quality posts with merits
That is not a bad idea, and also, trying to help newbies rank up, should not also stop you from giving merits to other forum users(other ranks).
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
the same thing is done by our local community, help newbie get merit with some good quality posts, maybe most can try to make it in your local thread to build this community so they can help each other.
Activity: 116
Merit: 14
Activity: 2016
Merit: 531
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
Given that many newbies complain about how difficult it is to get their first merit and how difficult it is to progress in this forum, I expected a lot more posts and interests.
If there is no newbie interest in this action then I would rather help other forum members and reward their quality posts with merits.
Ok, I edited the title a little bit so that it might be clearer what this topic is about, so let's wait and see.

IMHO you might want to rephrase your thread. At a glance, I thought it's some wide-scale project until I realized it's a merit giveaway thread. Below is a title  example which you could apply or adjust to your preference:

[MERIT GIVEAWAY] Open to Newbies/ Jr Members

Then from there, your OP could be short but straightforward:
I'm giving up to 3 Merits to each user who links his/ her helpful posts. Just post yours if they deserve Merits
Maybe alot of other topics have been created after this to push it down, but I  think the new title should suffice and get the thread flooded with comments. Really good thing you are doing here.
I dropped mine as well , if you find it Worthy.
legendary
Activity: 144
Merit: 2
OK, I just reviewed the merit applications so far and one post in my opinion really deserves it. OK, so winner today is.....
kinggta10
Congratulation!
I'm sorry that you had to wait so long for your first merit on this forum but I really hope this can be new start for you, on your journey to higher forum ranks!
OK, now I'm waiting for other applications as well  Cheesy Cheesy
Also, I hope that other users will join this project and support with their merits to!
I can promise that I will continue to support as much as I can.
Let's help and support our newbies!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your support
legendary
OK, I just reviewed the merit applications so far and one post in my opinion really deserves it. OK, so winner today is.....
kinggta10
Congratulation!
I'm sorry that you had to wait so long for your first merit on this forum but I really hope this can be new start for you, on your journey to higher forum ranks!
OK, now I'm waiting for other applications as well  Cheesy Cheesy
Also, I hope that other users will join this project and support with their merits to!
I can promise that I will continue to support as much as I can.
Let's help and support our newbies!
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
^^
No pressure, there are similar threads to this one which have been started, I'm not sure how many are still active. There are also other ways to gain merits; other users and sources. If you consistently post quality content, it would definitely be rewarded. Navigating the forum is very important.m especially for newbies, while we wait for the implementation of the welcome message, you can check out this suggested welcime video: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-welcome-video-3-videos-complete-5194117
Activity: 4
Merit: 16
As a newbie, I am very happy and really appreciate the efforts like this from the members who have a high ranking.

Previously, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mess up this thread, I just wanted to say thanks because I didn't have a post to review.

For the time being, I'm just trying to read and understand the rules of this forum in the hope that I don't crash into the rules here.

I hope the thread like this will remain until later, until the time when I have a post to review.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
>..<

I started to look through your latest replies to see if I thought that any were merit worthy. I noticed that you tend to use nested quotes, and I don't award merits to such posts. Quote pyramids are really annoying, and don't really contribute to the reply. You should focus on the point you are addressing, and not duplicate the whole conversation.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
Nice one OP, i will join this as well.

I was a newbie few months ago, so i know how it is, and how much i appreciated early merits i got, as it was incentive for me to keep working on my posting quality so i hope this will have same effect on others.

I am looking forward to submissions, especially from those that think  they are undeservedly stuck at newbie rank for quite some time.
legendary
It is a good thing to do in my opinion. It's really to find such newbies that have a good posts that didn't received any single merit. I think that newbies that didn't get merit but have posts that are meritable are most likely jr. members before until they ranked down to newbies after the rank requirements have changed by theymos. If only brand new accounts then mostly are still learning things.

Ok,  I understand that newbie don't have experience and knowledge and can't write quality posts like more experience members in this forum but they also need to start somewhere,  right?
I can't help many newbie but at least I can help some of them and maybe inspire other "older " members to join and support this action with their merits.
I already see some interesting application so let's continue and help our new friends in the crypto world 😀
copper member
Activity: 6

That's nice of you. Yes, I completely agree that this forum is putting lots of pressure on the new accounts. Probably because of the number of spammy accounts increasing with the popularity of the forum... but i just find it 'unpleasant' to only be able to post something every 360 seconds lol.. bought a copper membership because of that. Maybe that's how this forum maintains server fees... maybe not.

I will try to post something and get back here. Thank you once again!
Wow! This is generosity at it peak, and a very good initiative. We really need more people we are not just all about themselves but care about others in the forum as well. This is really good of you
Daniel91

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52844510
Activity: 144
Merit: 2
I published this last year but was unlucky, kindly check https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42442447
Pages:
Jump to: