Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit rewards for Signature Campaigns! - page 2. (Read 1953 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1815
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
March 05, 2018, 01:21:03 PM
I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

good idea, for a bounty hunter, follow the signature campaign. with the reward sMerit then will improve the quality of the post the better and kontruktif.
But the problem is Bounty manager has limited sMerit, let alone the newbie user does not have merit.
There may be a special team to distribute merit on each project.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
March 05, 2018, 01:12:29 PM

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Participating in bounty campain means advertising of ICO, manager, other what ever you wish. What will promote participant in bounty campain, which was sugested by you? Your idea is good for advesrtising forum at other sourses
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
March 05, 2018, 12:38:27 PM
Its true! Not all of us here in forum can make 25 "quality" post a week since most of people are here for just several hours unlike those managers and DT members. That is why I suggest that in a signature campaign, if you are a member or below, the recommended post is 15 post a week to ensure the quality of the post.

Some of the signature campaigns here allow up to 60 posts a week and some members are able to manage that. I know that one cannot not make so many high quality posts unless he is doing this full time. But I mean those signature campaigns must be benefiting from those posts as they are paying for them for quite long turn. Why will they keep paying the participants without any returns. Regarding this thing affecting the forum , all those submissions are checked by the campaigns manager and he counts only valid responses.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
March 05, 2018, 10:05:35 AM
I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

I think this will cause more spam post than usual. 25 post a week is a huge number. 10-15 an almost standard requirement for a signature campaign creates so much spam how much more 25. Plus the fact that this will contribute a lot to your rank. I think this will not be good. I hope we can see the system as the way theymos sees it.

Its true! Not all of us here in forum can make 25 "quality" post a week since most of people are here for just several hours unlike those managers and DT members. That is why I suggest that in a signature campaign, if you are a member or below, the recommended post is 15 post a week to ensure the quality of the post.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 09:34:39 AM

Hold on there.. You are try to say that manager of campaign should be have a source merit to provide it?
If the source used in good hands then it's good and actually gonna be great idea.
But! If the source used in a wrong hands then.. spams merits going to be happened and it can easily collapse the system.

But if by your mean the manager of campaign should given their available merit that they has then it's excellent idea and you should pm them about it.

Its been a great idea. It could help members to become positive . If a campaign manager , possibly give or share his available merits to the members by his choice, then everybody Will be glad to know that their posts are being recognized and it will push them to be more resourseful especially those members who still wanted to join in this forum , eventhough theres a lot of changes now regarding the merit system that challenges the new members.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
March 05, 2018, 08:26:18 AM

EDIT:
I have noticed that few people are saying that the CMs don't have enough sMerits or Merits to provide for all the participants but as the suggestion of:
In my suggestion, the managers can just pick one suitable member to be given a Merit. Giving all of them are really a huge problem since there are a lot of members in a Signature Campaign.

OR,
As many as the CMs wants.

I think this is a great idea, to incentivize more constructive posts that also stay on point. But here are my questions & suggestions:

1. Will the one merit be given per post or per week (i.e. based on total posts for that week)?

2. Only campaign managers with a good track record should pilot this system, after all they have some credibility.

With this system, Jnr and Newbie members can have a strong future in campaigns, after all they don't make as much as the others. Thus, when upcoming campaigns come thru, the campaign managers can look at thier merit score vis-a-vis their rank level and award them a spot in the campaign .
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
March 05, 2018, 08:01:58 AM
Merit rewards for bounty campaigns is effectively the same as eliminating Net Neutrality.

Let's be rational and balanced.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
March 05, 2018, 05:11:30 AM
Bad/lazy campaign managers and sig campaigns are a big part of the reason why the forum is a cesspool of spam right now...

I believe the merit system is in place partly to combat bad/lazy campaign managers who are not doing their job.  It would be truly stupid to then give them the power that essentially makes the new merit system useless.

I would say based on the earliest of evidence that smerit distribution is probably still a little bit low.  But given time we can hope that it will be adjusted.  Finding the balance point of making merit useful and useless will probably take some time but adjusting that balancing point to much before data is available also seems stupid.

Indeed. There are some managers that are just calling themselves manager but the real thing is that they are not really a manager since they are not doing their job, what job? A manager should strictly observe the behavior of his applicants, checking post quality, checking their post if it was posted on the right time and not doing burst posting and so on, but what is happening is the opposite.

They are not doing their right job, they are just looking if his applicants hit the required post per week(not judging his applicants post quality) but just ignoring it so his job would be easy, also just to call himself a "Manager".
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
March 05, 2018, 03:15:40 AM
Its not a good idea as it would be simply of no help to newbies because they cant take part in signature campaigns

Just take a look at this guy here for an example. He was once a newbie and yet doesnt even care about signature campaign. Hes getting merits because he contributed a lot to the forum and basically "godlike" at what he is saying. If you really want to get merit then follow the path that this guy is taking. Contribute more to the forum and definitely you will be rewarded with merits.

Before you think on how you can get to a signature campaign to get merit, simple think first on how you can help and contribute something worthy to the forum. Being a newbie rank is not discriminating at all when you have the proper knowledge like him.
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
March 05, 2018, 02:56:25 AM
Its not a good idea as it would be simply of no help to newbies because they cant take part in signature campaigns

How hard is it for you to become a Junior members. You just need 30 activity for this and no merits at all. I think it is good that newbies have to wait for about a month before leveling up. This way they can know about the forum rules and also about the signature campaigns.

Some of the signature campaigns are also accepting junior members and thus, you can later participate in them.  It is sad to see most of the members just concerned about their own merit or rank and no one is worried about how can this forum move forward.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 11:48:54 PM
Activity: 42
March 01, 2018, 03:35:48 PM
Merit will come by patience and quality - no need for such things, instead have some more btc as the reward
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
February 26, 2018, 01:07:36 PM
If a campaign manager is obligated to give out merits as a requirement for their job, they would be urged to give just because they are required. Also, sooner or later, they would run out because not all of them are merit sources.

I see your point, but the author also mentioned that it will not going to be a forced act, it will solely be up to them. Meaning merits are supposed to be rewards not an obligation or a requirement to do their jobs. It is just simply, they'll somehow shot two birds with one stone.

I mean, to all those participants in the campaign I'm sure he'll find someone who's worthy of having merits(s).

I didn't read the whole thread with all the replies but these are the reason I find that idea to be bad:

• simply not enough sMerit
  • it's not something to be handed out like that, it's sort of an indicator
  • the manager doesn't have anything to do with the campaign (most of the times) besides just managing it (as I've stated previously), so that would be on his behalf
  • otherwise, the ones who appointed the manager should provide merit

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.30908118

To be franked, you really should've read all the content of the thread.

As stated, it is not part of their work. The author simply suggest that, well seems that the CM's handles participants and review every posts to determine if qualified, then might as well give credits to those members that deserve to have merits. And if he doesn't finds one then don't give any. But I hardly believe that they won't find anyone who's worthy.
Activity: 182
February 24, 2018, 12:49:20 PM
The idea seems interesting to me. Yes, a manager may not have enough sMerits for all participants, but giving sMerits by the end of every week as a bonus looks great. I've never was rewarded by any bonus, but I suppose those members who will deserve it will be happy to get at least 1 for their job  Smiley
This is really a great idea, but it seems impossible. I really wait for this. all depends on the people who manage and operate the forum.
Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
February 24, 2018, 12:01:59 PM
The idea to reward high quality bounty participants with merits is certainly very encouraging. I have seen Yahoo paying more to those who have higher merits. That is also a good way to encourage high quality posts.
Between, has any major Bounty manager announced to reward their bounty participants?
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
February 24, 2018, 11:55:36 AM
If the bounty manager gives merit to those listed in campaigns is it better that they could post reviews of participants and distribute merit orderly posters but not all recieve merit,Especially in short time post not fixed well.

Sadly, there is a lot of Bounty Campaign managers and most of them are not checking their members posts the reason it is the most reason of spams and shit posts because the members do care only on fulfilling their maximum posts and do not care on how they are doing their posts.

I personally find most of them come from Altcoin bounties and not campaigns from the Services section as most campaigns paying out in BTC have better campaign managers that actually do their job and thoroughly look through posts.

Merit is completely opinion-based which is good and also bad, and it'll take a bit more time for it to work correctly, if it ever will. We'll see soon enough whether or not Merit is actually a viable system. People constantly forget the system's only been out for about a month. It's not completely set in with everyone yet.

Well, in my case I call the campaigns from Services Signature Campaigns and the one in the altcoin thread is the Bounty Campaigns. I know it is confusing and I am sorry about that. I'm kind of used to that terms since I am a Member rank.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
February 24, 2018, 11:44:02 AM
The idea seems interesting to me. Yes, a manager may not have enough sMerits for all participants, but giving sMerits by the end of every week as a bonus looks great. I've never was rewarded by any bonus, but I suppose those members who will deserve it will be happy to get at least 1 for their job  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
February 24, 2018, 11:38:58 AM
If the bounty manager gives merit to those listed in campaigns is it better that they could post reviews of participants and distribute merit orderly posters but not all recieve merit,Especially in short time post not fixed well.

Sadly, there is a lot of Bounty Campaign managers and most of them are not checking their members posts the reason it is the most reason of spams and shit posts because the members do care only on fulfilling their maximum posts and do not care on how they are doing their posts.

I personally find most of them come from Altcoin bounties and not campaigns from the Services section as most campaigns paying out in BTC have better campaign managers that actually do their job and thoroughly look through posts.

Merit is completely opinion-based which is good and also bad, and it'll take a bit more time for it to work correctly, if it ever will. We'll see soon enough whether or not Merit is actually a viable system. People constantly forget the system's only been out for about a month. It's not completely set in with everyone yet.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
February 24, 2018, 11:33:41 AM

Activity: 518
Merit: 264
February 24, 2018, 10:58:12 AM
Pages:
Jump to: